• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Offseason...Free Agency & Draft. How do you fill the holes?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a few of you want him and I think he could be in the mix. I thought this was pretty interesting. Wonder if he drops a little

I would prefer Mazi Smith. A big, 337 pound beast is exactly what we need

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer Mazi Smith. A big, 337 pound beast is exactly what we need
I’d love him but would not be happy in 1st round. I think He will be there in the 2nd and possibly the 3rd. I think he is going to be a good player

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wright makes it. Best OL in class IMO.
Sleeper mid round pick, Atonio Mafi, G, UCLA
Guy is a wrecking machine
Yeah, I’m not sure why so much talk about Wright lately with regards to the Cowboys. Maybe a pipe dream or maybe a trade up or maybe some think he may fall :noidea:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I’m not sure why so much talk about Wright lately with regards to the Cowboys. Maybe a pipe dream or maybe a trade up or maybe some think he may fall :noidea:
He's all over different mocks, I think because a lot of teams see him moving inside. I know one thing, he went head to head with Will Anderson, Calijah Kancey and BJ Ojulari and kicked the shit out of all three of them. All I needed to see

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d love him but would not be happy in 1st round. I think He will be there in the 2nd and possibly the 3rd. I think he is going to be a good player
I see Mazi as a trade down option. I think one of the QB's could fall and the Cowboys might be able to trade back to the top of round 2 with someone looking to come get them. Great draft to trade down in if you can find a partner

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Mazi as a trade down option. I think one of the QB's could fall and the Cowboys might be able to trade back to the top of round 2 with someone looking to come get them. Great draft to trade down in if you can find a partner
I just saw he was one of our 30 visits. Maybe he is an option for them. I still see him as a 2nd rounder though.

Here is a write up on some DL we may be looking at including some who were top 30 visits:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have done well in the 1st except Charlton over Watt @#$& you Rod you screwed the pooch on that one but (straightens hair takes deep breath) as long as it’s a day 1 starter I will be happy.
JMHO

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have done well in the 1st except Charlton over Watt @#$& you Rod you screwed the pooch on that one but (straightens hair takes deep breath) as long as it’s a day 1 starter I will be happy.
JMHO
Shoot for the stars Colors.
Will gets us 3 or 4 strong contributors from this draft.

What round does a team needing a kicker draft the kid from Michigan?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot for the stars Colors.
Will gets us 3 or 4 strong contributors from this draft.

What round does a team needing a kicker draft the kid from Michigan?
Will has been awesome
Kicker 5th
Maybe 2 early but considering the kicker can win 2-3 games a year I might go with 4th if the need vs talent equation is =

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will has been awesome
Kicker 5th
Maybe 2 early but considering the kicker can win 2-3 games a year I might go with 4th if the need vs talent equation is =
:susp:
Kickers are a 6th to 7th rd. thing.
If they are a bad ass & you dont have other needs. I could see a 5th. But no way should you use a 4th on one.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine conquering our three biggest weaknesses from last year with a trio of 5th round picks.
2 for 2 with one shot remaining.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's all over different mocks, I think because a lot of teams see him moving inside. I know one thing, he went head to head with Will Anderson, Calijah Kancey and BJ Ojulari and kicked the shit out of all three of them. All I needed to see
wright could play LG in 2023. He is huge and moves very well in spite of that. I don't see him falling to 26. If he falls to 26 I make the move. Tyron Smith not reliable and Steele could be expensive to keep . Wright would step right in at RT in 2024 and play at a high level. This is the type of lineman I want. He also pummels people in the running game. It would be tempting to trade in front of the Giants and screw them over

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wright could play LG in 2023. He is huge and moves very well in spite of that. I don't see him falling to 26. If he falls to 26 I make the move. Tyron Smith not reliable and Steele could be expensive to keep . Wright would step right in at RT in 2024 and play at a high level. This is the type of lineman I want. He also pummels people in the running game. It would be tempting to trade in front of the Giants and screw them over
I would give up a 3rd to land this guy

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:susp:
Kickers are a 6th to 7th rd. thing.
If they are a bad ass & you dont have other needs. I could see a 5th. But no way should you use a 4th on one.
Maybe depends on the value you put on the position
With the problems the Boys have had at kicker for how long now since Steve Hoffman left. If the scouting department reports had the kid highly ranked and need vs talent were equal I MIGHT go ahead in the 4th or I Might wait. None of it matters because we are not making the picks Anyway.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I want to come out of this draft with a starting OL, not necessarily a week 1 of 2023 starter, but a future legit starter. I don't think any of our backups are ever going to be starting quality and I'm not sure they are even capable backups that are worth keeping other than Edoga but I doubt he is seen as anything other than an emergency fill in. The best thing about Tyler Smith is his ability to play LG and LT both at a high level. It allows us to draft either an OT or OG and find a spot for them. We know Tyron will get hurt but even if the team thinks Edoga can fill in for this year they clearly have to see we need another starter in 2024 and beyond. It would be really tough for me to pass on the Notre Dame TE who I think will be on the board, but if a guy they love on the OL is there I will probably lean that way.

I think the positions that an early draft pick has a good shot at starting for the Cowboys at some point in 2023 are OL, TE, DT and LB with RB (Pollard health?) and nickel CB having a shot as well. Judging how this team almost exclusively drafts for need I wouldn't be surprised if our first 4 picks come from these spots and maybe our first 6.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give up a 3rd to land this guy
There are a few others I really like that I would at least think about moving up for. Flowers and Dalton Kincaid may or may not fall. I think Kincaid if healthy is going to be pro bowler at a minimum. He gets deep down the middle and is going to be way better than Schultz. Flowers is going to be one that other teams will regret not drafting.

Flowers can hurt a defense in many ways. He can get it done either out wide or in the slot . He has an alpha dog mentality. I also like the corner from Mississippi State. He is fast as hell and has the ball skills to go with it

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't draft Flowers at 26.

For Dallas, I've cooled a bit on Kincaid. If and I mean if TE...Mayer looks a better fit, or the GEO road grader.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't draft Flowers at 26.

For Dallas, I've cooled a bit on Kincaid. If and I mean if TE...Mayer looks a better fit, or the GEO road grader.
All 3 TE's are good players, but to me, TE is one of the deepest positions in the draft. I wouldn't hate TE but a top OL or DL would make sense to me. As for Flowers, I like him but a little WR in round 1 is a risk

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 TE's are good players, but to me, TE is one of the deepest positions in the draft. I wouldn't hate TE but a top OL or DL would make sense to me. As for Flowers, I like him but a little WR in round 1 is a risk
Hey...I trust this team on draft day but a 5'9 guy who drops the football with the 3 we already have don't look right to me.