• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Offseason...Free Agency & Draft. How do you fill the holes?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about the measurable. This kid has talent. I would be happy with him in the third round.
I love this guy but not that early. If you really really see the matchup nightmare, 5th is the earliest Dallas should try to draft him. The question is special teams with Turpin on this team. As I posted before, I swear Vaughn could and would play gunner very well.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he ends up as good as Sproles any NFL team will be happy with him on the Roster
This is the concern... this game is more and more about match ups. I could see a serious contender reach for Vaughn in the 3rd. SF or another NFC East team would be a huge bummer for me.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the concern... this game is more and more about match ups. I could see a serious contender reach for Vaughn in the 3rd. SF or another NFC East team would be a huge bummer for me.
I wanted the Boys to draft sproles way back then sign him when he left sandiego but alas it was not to be. If the kid is available in the 4th I would pick him don’t think he will last that long but ya never know

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I really liked the kid in College, but Vaughn seems like the exact type of player we find ourselves with every once in a while and in reality never know how to use or just choose not to. Even with Turpin we all thought for sure we would see him used out in space on some quick dump offs and on jet sweeps and maybe some go patterns. In reality, nothing. Dunbar, almost nothing. Even Pollard we never used in that way as much as the fans all thought we should. We don't need a return man so our backup RBs need to run down on STs unless they are really going to have a role on Offense. He can't pass protect at that size. I'm just not sure he is a good fit for us. My preference is a big back to offset Pollard, but as a late day 3 pick if the team likes him, sure, why not the kid has talent and we need a RB at some point in the draft. I think there are a bunch this year likely with more potential to help this team and I think we take a RB earlier than he will go. But, like I said, I liked the kid and I do think he can make an NFL roster.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I really liked the kid in College, but Vaughn seems like the exact type of player we find ourselves with every once in a while and in reality never know how to use or just choose not to. Even with Turpin we all thought for sure we would see him used out in space on some quick dump offs and on jet sweeps and maybe some go patterns. In reality, nothing. Dunbar, almost nothing. Even Pollard we never used in that way as much as the fans all thought we should. We don't need a return man so our backup RBs need to run down on STs unless they are really going to have a role on Offense. He can't pass protect at that size. I'm just not sure he is a good fit for us. My preference is a big back to offset Pollard, but as a late day 3 pick if the team likes him, sure, why not the kid has talent and we need a RB at some point in the draft. I think there are a bunch this year likely with more potential to help this team and I think we take a RB earlier than he will go. But, like I said, I liked the kid and I do think he can make an NFL roster.
I would hate to see him on the Eagles or SF.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnell Washington,Michael Mayer,Dalton Kincaid seem to be mocked to Cowboys often this off-season. Mayer constantly mocked to Cowboys. Is TE really that much of a need? This team has burned 2nd round picks on TE numerous times in the past and never used them.

Mayer Reminds me of Witten. Kincaid reminds me of Zach Ertz/Goedert. Washington similar to Martellus Bennett a little ,but a potential bust at 26.

I looked at what the Packers did during Mcarthys tenure. Zero tight ends drafted in first round. In fact the Packers used most first round picks on defenders and a few offensive lineman during Mcarthys time there..

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnell Washington,Michael Mayer,Dalton Kincaid seem to be mocked to Cowboys often this off-season. Mayer constantly mocked to Cowboys. Is TE really that much of a need? This team has burned 2nd round picks on TE numerous times in the past and never used them.

Mayer Reminds me of Witten. Kincaid reminds me of Zach Ertz/Goedert. Washington similar to Martellus Bennett a little ,but a potential bust at 26.

I looked at what the Packers did during Mcarthys tenure. Zero tight ends drafted in first round. In fact the Packers used most first round picks on defenders and a few offensive lineman during Mcarthys time there..
Yea we sure have been burned on TE in the second round, but the 5th time might be the charm lol. Seriously, Unless there a sure fire stud, I don't want to take a chance early.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very random but thought I would ask. Anyone interested in an XL Ceedee Lamb jersey? Have a friend who bought one for his son, little did he know his ex wife bought it for him for Christmas. Brand new. Let me know.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a few of you want him and I think he could be in the mix. I thought this was pretty interesting. Wonder if he drops a little

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of odd . Not sure what to think. Maybe he drops. I have wondered about him and what it would look like with him next to Parsons

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of odd . Not sure what to think. Maybe he drops. I have wondered about him and what it would look like with him next to Parsons
a disruptive DT is tops of my Christmas list!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 days out

thinking guard at 26: Torrance, or Avila, word is they really like the upside better with Tenn (T) Darnel Wright moved inside to guard.
UNLESS CB Deonte Banks falls

Round two or three I'm hearing the Texas back, Johnson or 3rd round Kendre Miller RB to pair with Pollard.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 days out

thinking guard at 26: Torrance, or Avila, word is they really like the upside better with Tenn (T) Darnel Wright moved inside to guard.

Round two or three I'm hearing the Texas back, Johnson or 3rd round Kendre Miller RB to pair with Pollard.
I'll never complain at O line in the 1st.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 days out

Hearing a lot about Wright to Dallas lately. Must be coming from somewhere and you know this team has never been able to keep their intentions private. I’m thinking it will be the Norte Dame TE, the RB or an OL. Personally I see a big need for DL and LB. We’ll see. Give me a guy who contributes week 1 and I’m happy.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 days out

Any of those three would be an upgrade over McGovern IMO

the pocket was collapsing all the time because of McGovern. It caused a few picks and missed opportunities . Wright as the pick would not surprise me. I

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with this teams war room record in round one, I won't post any negative what-so-ever.
:thumb:
There were some that did not like the first pick last year. I now take the time to watch a game or two and come to a conclusion . I go back to Travis Frederick . All the talk about reaching. Then I watched some Wisconsin games and could see he was totally dominating everybody

Then you watch some film on Smith last year and he is just a massive individual who lacked technique and he still was physically dominating people

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were some that did not like the first pick last year. I now take the time to watch a game or two and come to a conclusion . I go back to Travis Frederick . All the talk about reaching. Then I watched some Wisconsin games and could see he was totally dominating everybody

Then you watch some film on Smith last year and he is just a massive individual who lacked technique and he still was physically dominating people
I think it's part of a fan to make a spur of the moment knee-jerk decision once you draft a guy, just like we are making decisions on guys right now before the draft even takes place. The key is to let go of those pre-conceived notions once you see and hear more about a guy and don't be afraid to change your mind. For me Tyler and Sam Williams were good examples. I didn't love the Tyler pick when announced but once I saw him interviewed I started to like him more and more. You could see his confidence without being too cocky and also could see how he was a pretty smart and mature guy. Then we heard/saw him tossing guys around in practice and then doing well in preseason. Lastly once the season started it became clear he was going to be a really really good one. Same with Sam Williams. I liked him as a player from a talent perspective but was unsure because of the off the field stuff. Once I saw him in the preseason I knew he was going to be one of my favorite players and the more I saw of him the more confident I was that he was going to be a disruptive player and going to be able to get to the QB. However, he does seem to be one of those guys who is going to have some headlines around him from time to time - personal fouls, off the field, etc

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's part of a fan to make a spur of the moment knee-jerk decision once you draft a guy, just like we are making decisions on guys right now before the draft even takes place. The key is to let go of those pre-conceived notions once you see and hear more about a guy and don't be afraid to change your mind. For me Tyler and Sam Williams were good examples. I didn't love the Tyler pick when announced but once I saw him interviewed I started to like him more and more. You could see his confidence without being too cocky and also could see how he was a pretty smart and mature guy. Then we heard/saw him tossing guys around in practice and then doing well in preseason. Lastly once the season started it became clear he was going to be a really really good one. Same with Sam Williams. I liked him as a player from a talent perspective but was unsure because of the off the field stuff. Once I saw him in the preseason I knew he was going to be one of my favorite players and the more I saw of him the more confident I was that he was going to be a disruptive player and going to be able to get to the QB. However, he does seem to be one of those guys who is going to have some headlines around him from time to time - personal fouls, off the field, etc
Sam Williams was high on my list. Now maybe the pre draft news of Quinn wanting him had something to do with it. that along with watching him make Projected first round tackles look bad also factored into my thinking..

a lot of talk about taking him in the third round and my way of thinking was screw that. The speed.and physicality and pass rush moves won me over. He also brings it every down.and yeah I love the mean streak

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing a lot about Wright to Dallas lately. Must be coming from somewhere and you know this team has never been able to keep their intentions private. I’m thinking it will be the Norte Dame TE, the RB or an OL. Personally I see a big need for DL and LB. We’ll see. Give me a guy who contributes week 1 and I’m happy.
I don't think Wright makes it. Best OL in class IMO.
Sleeper mid round pick, Atonio Mafi, G, UCLA
Guy is a wrecking machine