• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Offseason...Free Agency & Draft. How do you fill the holes?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey...I trust this team on draft day but a 5'9 guy who drops the football with the 3 we already have don't look right to me.
Too much risk. Josh Downs and Marvin Mims in the 2nd/3rd are nearly the same player

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was watching NFL Network. An interesting pick for Dallas I hadnt heard. If we stay in the dead zone of the 1st round. LT talked of us picking Brian Branch Safety from Alabama. Claims he is a safety that often moves up to play nickel corner. & is a very intelligent player. Which would sound a lot like D. Woodson to me.
What do you draft guru's on here think of this guy? Is this an accurate depiction of this guy?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't draft Flowers at 26.

For Dallas, I've cooled a bit on Kincaid. If and I mean if TE...Mayer looks a better fit, or the GEO road grader.
I am torn between Mayer and Kincaid. Kincaid looks like a dynamic reciever. mayer reminds me of Witten. I did see some blocking by Mayer and I liked his nastiness as a blocker. He blocks like no TE I have seen in recent memory when it comes to physicality.

He got a bit of a mean streak and that caused him to move higher up my list. He won me over and he looks the type that will get under the skin of the opposition. This is my type of player.

But, I prefer a huge nasty offensive lineman at this pick

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Miller full 7 round mock for every team:

26. Dallas Cowboys

Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame

“There is no way in hell Jerry Jones passes up a Jason Witten clone if he’s on the board.” That’s how one rival scout with over 20 years in the business described this projection. Mayer would be a safety valve in the middle of the field for Dak Prescott; he caught 180 passes for 2,099 yards and 18 touchdowns over three seasons in South Bend. Mayer is a great run-blocker but also might have the best hands of any pass-catcher in this class.

58. Dallas Cowboys

Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan

The Cowboys could look at cornerbacks or offensive linemen here, but Smith falling down the board means this is a true “best player available” pick. He has been praised by area scouts as a talented all-around player who will be better in the pros than in college once he is freed up to rush the quarterback and not play gap-based defense. Smith’s power, quick first step and ability to play with low pads stand out when he is crashing the backfield.

90. Dallas Cowboys

Roschon Johnson, RB, Texas

Could Jerry Jones resist adding a Longhorns running back, even though he missed out on Bijan Robinson in Round 1? Johnson was the No. 3 dual-threat quarterback in the 2019 recruiting class but moved to running back at Texas due to injuries. He stayed there for four seasons, amassing 25 touchdowns while working primarily as a backup to Robinson. The 219-pound power back has the patience, vision and receiving skills of a starter and would be a fine complement to the speedy Tony Pollard.

129. Dallas Cowboys: Jake Moody, K, Michigan

169. Dallas Cowboys*: Yasir Abdullah, DE, Louisville

212. Dallas Cowboys*: Earl Bostick Jr., OT, Kansas

244. Dallas Cowboys: Rakim Jarrett, WR, Maryland

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the first two picks. I worry about not coming out of this draft with a future starter on the OL but I guess you can't force it. Not sure I like our 3rd round pick and please God do not draft a kicker in the 4th round even though we don't actually have a kicker on the roster right now.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was watching NFL Network. An interesting pick for Dallas I hadnt heard. If we stay in the dead zone of the 1st round. LT talked of us picking Brian Branch Safety from Alabama. Claims he is a safety that often moves up to play nickel corner. & is a very intelligent player. Which would sound a lot like D. Woodson to me.
What do you draft guru's on here think of this guy? Is this an accurate depiction of this guy?
He isn't as big or the same hitter that Woody was but he is a super smart, talented player, great in the slot. To me, he is a little bigger version of Tyrann Mathieu but with better character. I would be shocked if he made it to 26, but would be super happy if he did

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the first two picks. I worry about not coming out of this draft with a future starter on the OL but I guess you can't force it. Not sure I like our 3rd round pick and please God do not draft a kicker in the 4th round even though we don't actually have a kicker on the roster right now.
Use one of those last 3 picks on Atonio Mafi and I'd be real happy with that draft

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first two picks make sense. I do think though that Jerry not real keen on using first round picks on TE . He got burned before. I think it will be a CB,OL or reciever at 26. I prefer the Tennessee tackle,Mississippi State CB or Flowers.

The Tennessee tackle is my preference of those three. I would trade up in front of the Giants for him or Flowers .

Mazi Smith makes sense in second round. If no trade up. Especially if the Eagles draft Bijan at 9. The run defense is not good enough yet. Teams are going to try and run the ball early in games because of the pass rush and the talent in the secondary.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first two picks make sense. I do think though that Jerry not real keen on using first round picks on TE . He got burned before. I think it will be a CB,OL or reciever at 26. I prefer the Tennessee tackle,Mississippi State CB or Flowers.

The Tennessee tackle is my preference of those three. I would trade up in front of the Giants for him or Flowers .

Mazi Smith makes sense in second round. If no trade up. Especially if the Eagles draft Bijan at 9. The run defense is not good enough yet. Teams are going to try and run the ball early in games because of the pass rush and the talent in the secondary.

maybe not Jerry, but...

I'd be all over the Tenn Tackle myself if he is there but his being there is the bigger question. I hope they do not end up with a WR in the 1st round unless they really really love the guy and feel he is the best player. If we do he won't play much at all or if he does it means we aren't playing a guy in Gallup that we gave a big deal to or Cooks who we traded for. This team drafts for need and WR isn't a need so I doubt we do that

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't as big or the same hitter that Woody was but he is a super smart, talented player, great in the slot. To me, he is a little bigger version of Tyrann Mathieu but with better character. I would be shocked if he made it to 26, but would be super happy if he did
Woody was a unique player. People tend to forget that Woody ran a sub 4.4 forty. There is a reason the Cowboys have not found the next Woody. It is an absolute disgrace he is not in the HOF. When I think of these 90s defenses the two that stirred that drink were Haley and Woodson. They intimidated people

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody was a unique player. People tend to forget that Woody ran a sub 4.4 forty. There is a reason the Cowboys have not found the next Woody. It is an absolute disgrace he is not in the HOF. When I think of these 90s defenses the two that stirred that drink were Haley and Woodson. They intimidated people
Woody is the most underrated player from the 90's Cowboys

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good "fake" draft IMO. I think all mocks are a ridiculous waste of time and make people think a player should go where they see him in mocks, but I like that this references Brugler who I think is the best big board guy by a mile

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much risk. Josh Downs and Marvin Mims in the 2nd/3rd are nearly the same player
The problem with Mims is too many dropped passes. I saw all of his college games. He can make a spectacular catch and then drop the easiest passes.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good "fake" draft IMO. I think all mocks are a ridiculous waste of time and make people think a player should go where they see him in mocks, but I like that this references Brugler who I think is the best big board guy by a mile

Well after Sunday all those idiot Mock Drafters can go back to being irrelevant till 2024.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Mims is too many dropped passes. I saw all of his college games. He can make a spectacular catch and then drop the easiest passes.
Maybe so but Mims in the 3rd still sounds like less risk than Flowers in the 1st to me though

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smith seems like second or third round. Not first.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wish that was not paywall or give up email for