• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Offseason...Free Agency & Draft. How do you fill the holes?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like LVE. He is a Warrior, but too many times he is too slow. We had an opportunity to upgrade. I am also concerned about his availability as well at end of the season in crunch time. We will see. He is a leader and the kind of guy you want on the team. I get why they like him and signed him to a low deal, but even they realized he was not all that by declining his option last year.
I'm holding out hope for Wagner. I think it is possible we still sign him

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys do realize we arent paying for 2 #1 WRs, right?
This isnt the early 90's with no cap.
We will be resigning CeeDee
I'm not so sure it's that cut and dried. There is no reason to re-sign CeeDee this year. He has a 5th year option and then when he is ultimately re-signed he will have a backloaded, low $ first year of his contract. So his big money won't hit our cap until Hopkins (or whomever) is likely gone

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure it's that cut and dried. There is no reason to re-sign CeeDee this year. He has a 5th year option and then when he is ultimately re-signed he will have a backloaded, low $ first year of his contract. So his big money won't hit our cap until Hopkins (or whomever) is likely gone
the thing is. WR isnt our problem. Could we improve the top 3 WRs. Sure. Do we need too. No. So if you asked me should we spend 20 mil on a non problem I would say no. Spend it elsewhere. If we did need to fix WR it is one of the easiest positions to retool. Spending #1 money to a WR that isnt gonna be a #1 I would pass on.
Dont need Hopkins, dont need Odell or any other WR looking for top money.
Also we just redid Gallups contract so we arent replacing him, even if some wants it.
We dont need to spend frivolously on the sexy skill positions.
We have WRs, RBs, & QBs. If we want to draft some. So be it. Pay premium prices for any of these. Nah!
Dont think any of these guys make enough difference to be honest.
He wants to show up at a bargain prices. Ok. I would be intrigued. Doubt that is the case however.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing is. WR isnt our problem. Could we improve the top 3 WRs. Sure. Do we need too. No. So if you asked me should we spend 20 mil on a non problem I would say no. Spend it elsewhere. If we did need to fix WR it is one of the easiest positions to retool. Spending #1 money to a WR that isnt gonna be a #1 I would pass on.
Dont need Hopkins, dont need Odell or any other WR looking for top money.
Also we just redid Gallups contract so we arent replacing him, even if some wants it.
We dont need to spend frivolously on the sexy skill positions.
We have WRs, RBs, & QBs. If we want to draft some. So be it. Pay premium prices for any of these. Nah!
Dont think any of these guys make enough difference to be honest.
He wants to show up at a bargain prices. Ok. I would be intrigued. Doubt that is the case however.
$20M could get you Orlando Brown Jr. Put him at LT and kick Tyler Smith inside with Tyron at swing and Dak would look like a top 5 QB IMO

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing is. WR isnt our problem. Could we improve the top 3 WRs. Sure. Do we need too. No.
Well, our 2nd most productive WR is no longer here and I'm fairly certain Schultz is gone soon. Yes, we do NEED to improve our WRs. We could also use another TE once Schultz leaves.
And agree - Say no to $20M wrs. Find a cheaper one.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, our 2nd most productive WR is no longer here and I'm fairly certain Schultz is gone soon. Yes, we do NEED to improve our WRs. We could also use another TE once Schultz leaves.
And agree - Say no to $20M wrs. Find a cheaper one.
I can agree with that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys flirted with trading for Brandin Cooks last season. I wonder if they might revisit that? Similar production but cheaper

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys flirted with trading for Brandin Cooks last season. I wonder if they might revisit that? Similar production but cheaper
Not sure he's cheaper.

Make no mistake, we need skill at the skill positions.

West Coast Offense = yards after catch