• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Offseason...Free Agency & Draft. How do you fill the holes?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys reup Hankins, 1/1.5M. Great off-season continues
Good signing

got to admit this off season has been a shock. Gilmore and Cooks while older got tread left. Both upgrades and major ones, especially Gilmore. He won't be giving up those chunk plays like Brown did . Then they resigned key players that some thought we would lose I got to give them an A grade

I think the Cowboys may be looking at Parsons tweets.. lol. If they want their own to hang around they needed to make these moves . Great off season so far

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing

got to admit this off season has been a shock. Gilmore and Cooks while older got tread left. Both upgrades and major ones, especially Gilmore. He won't be giving up those chunk plays like Brown did . Then they resigned key players that some thought we would lose I got to give them an A grade

I think the Cowboys may be looking at Parsons tweets.. lol. If they want their own to hang around they needed to make these moves . Great off season so far
They are loading up to go for it. I think the Cowboys might try and trade up for Bijan Robinson. The Cowboys have always been about the star RB. I'm not saying that's the move I would make, but that's the kind of splash I could see Jerry wanting to make. He would probably have the highest impact of anyone they could pick in the draft

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are loading up to go for it. I think the Cowboys might try and trade up for Bijan Robinson. The Cowboys have always been about the star RB. I'm not saying that's the move I would make, but that's the kind of splash I could see Jerry wanting to make. He would probably have the highest impact of anyone they could pick in the draft
Drafting a RB at 26 or early 20s is better than using a top 5 pick. This draft Is watered down compared to last year. Robinson looks like a stud. Still I don't think I would trade up if it means losing a 2nd rounder. I prefer to draft OL or DT with the 26th pick . But what if he plummets to 26 and is BPA?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't target Robinson, but I sure see it IF he's still around at 26.
Dallas has one pick in each round, and I think this is where they want to be for this draft.
Extra covid college year has some diamonds in the tall ruff this draft.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think Jalen Carter has enough teams that have taken him off their day one board that he could fall to us? I know some teams have no issue taking guys with baggage, while others will have other great options up high in the first round that they don't need to take the risk.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think Jalen Carter has enough teams that have taken him off their day one board that he could fall to us? I know some teams have no issue taking guys with baggage, while others will have other great options up high in the first round that they don't need to take the risk.
IMO…no chance whatsoever
I’d be shocked if he dropped out of the top 10. I think he is the best player in this draft

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO…no chance whatsoever
I’d be shocked if he dropped out of the top 10. I think he is the best player in this draft
Yeah there's no way he gets out of the top 10. Deshaun Watson tried to sexually assault every massage therapist in Texas and still got a quarter of a billion guaranteed. If you can play, they don't care what you do off the field

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO…no chance whatsoever
The film is impressive. I see him being can't miss. Top 5 talent

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Kincaid TE being mocked to Cowboys. I think he has been mentioned before . Not sure if he drops to 26. If he does I don't know if you pass. Remind me of a Kelce,Ertz Goedert type of player. I don't usually like TE in first round,but I would draft him at 26 without hesitating. Instant starter IMO

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Kincaid TE being mocked to Cowboys. I think he has been mentioned before . Not sure if he drops to 26. If he does I don't know if you pass. Remind me of a Kelce,Ertz Goedert type of player. I don't usually like TE in first round,but I would draft him at 26 without hesitating. Instant starter IMO
Kincaid is my pick at this time unless the Texas RB is still on the board.

But...I can live with the Alabama safety.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kincaid would be top 20 if not for the back issues. That might push him down. He would be a great pick here, as would Musgrave or the ND TE

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
typically when we get stuck drafting in the dead zone of the 1st round. I hope to trade up or back. If we stay in the dead zone. Hope for a trench guy. They usually are the safest from being a disappointment in this range.
Of course, I am big on wanting a DT here, but feel like there will be some players rated higher, fall to the back of the 1st round, meaning the BPA might be a surprise pick from a position none of us are looking at.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
typically when we get stuck drafting in the dead zone of the 1st round. I hope to trade up or back. If we stay in the dead zone. Hope for a trench guy. They usually are the safest from being a disappointment in this range.
Of course, I am big on wanting a DT here, but feel like there will be some players rated higher, fall to the back of the 1st round, meaning the BPA might be a surprise pick from a position none of us are looking at.
I would not be surprised if we move up or back. The Cowboys usually give put 16-17 1st round grades. With QB's pushing those guys down a few spot, that means around 20-21 would be the end for value to move up. Past that, moving down makes sense. The prospects from 25-65 all have similar grades

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading the Maimi wants to trade Cedric Wilson. They will probably release him. Would anyone want him back as the 4th reciever??

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kincaid is my pick at this time unless the Texas RB is still on the board.

But...I can live with the Alabama safety.
TODAY....starting to second guess Kincade just a little for Dallas at 26.
Others I also like at 26

Dalton Kincaid: TE

Kincaid is a highly productive tight end with exceptional quickness, route polish and run-after-catch ability. At Utah, he typically lined up flexed in the slot. He is explosive in his release and is a smooth/fluid route runner. He gets up on the toes of defenders before snapping off his route and creating separation. He attacks the ball with his hands and can hold on after taking hard contact. After the catch, he has the burst, wiggle and strength to break tackles. In the run game, he is more of a shield-off blocker than a physical people-mover. Overall, Kincaid is a more explosive version of Zach Ertz coming out of college.

Brian Branch: S
Branch was a playmaking slot cornerback for the Tide. He is outstanding against the run, quick to key and fill for tackles. He can use his quickness to slip blocks and make plays on the other side of the line of scrimmage, as well. He is also an outstanding blitzer, showing timing and burst to generate pressure. He is fluid in coverage and consistently stays in phase with his man. There are times when he gets out-muscled at the catch point, but he's rarely out of position. He has taken some reps on the outside, but doesn't look as comfortable there. He's just better in the middle of the action. He is excellent on special teams, collecting tackles on kick coverage and possessing the ability to return punts if needed (see: his return TD vs. Louisiana-Monroe). Overall, Branch is an immediate starter at nickel and provides value on all four downs.

O'Cyrus Torrence: G
Torrence is a massive offensive guard with ideal instincts and play strength. In pass protection, he can bend his knees and play with balance. He has an immediate anchor and provides plenty of space for his QB to climb up into the pocket. He has strong hands to latch and control. He is very aware versus twists and stunts. In the run game, he can create movement with defenders over his nose and has surprising quickness to reach and cut off foes. He is quick to the second level, but he struggles to redirect and adjust in space. That should improve if he can drop 10-to-15 pounds. Teams that want to run downhill and create a firm interior in the pass game will really appreciate Torrence.

Mazi Smith: DT
Smith is a powerful defensive tackle with sneaky quickness. As a pass rusher, he is primarily a push-the-pocket player, but he flashes a quick swim move and a violent club maneuver to generate pressure. If he doesn’t win right away, he is going to do his best to collapse the pocket. He is dominant against the run. He can sink his weight and hold up versus single blocks and double teams. He doesn’t have a lot of lateral range, but his effort is solid. As more teams line up with fewer defenders in the box, players like Smith will be in demand.

Deonte Banks: CB
Banks has excellent height, bulk and length for the position. He is very physical in press coverage, routinely staggering and re-routing wide receivers. He has average change-of-direction skills when he has to flip and open up. He does a nice job of staying on top versus go balls and he can locate the ball in the air. In off coverage, he is a little high in his pedal and wastes steps in his plant-and-drive. To see his competitiveness, watch his blocked PAT against Ohio State that was returned for a two-point conversion. He doesn't take plays off. He is a physical and reliable tackler in space. Overall, Banks doesn't have ideal fluidity, but he's tough and possesses ball skills.