• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Offseason...Free Agency & Draft. How do you fill the holes?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect he may still be there when we pick. Not sure I’d take him though because i think he will be pushed all over the field in the run game. But if McClay likes him I’d of course be good with it. Probably just a nickel player. But, if he can get to the QB…
I think 26 is too rich for this guy. Seems we have our quota for light in the pants DT.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we take a DT in round 1 I would much rather have the big Michigan kid
I don't know about either one. Maybe I am leery due to the last Michigan player we took in the 1st round. The kid from Pitt I see potential.

These two are serious targets for this FO I bet.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Stetson Bennett? Being projected as a day 3 pick. Falling because of his size. He seems to be a fit for WC offense. I would draft him in the round 4-7 to back up Dak.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the third?
Hard pass, I usually pull against guys like this. Kinda Johnny football like for me.
He is about the same size as Johnny Football. Not sure about the off field stuff. His ceiling likely a backup. His age also an issue

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Stetson Bennett? Being projected as a day 3 pick. Falling because of his size. He seems to be a fit for WC offense. I would draft him in the round 4-7 to back up Dak.
Hard pass. Character concerns, size concerns, played on a team with 12-13 NFL players and had wide open windows everywhere

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's this crazy horseshit about moving Steele to guard and putting Tyron at RT? Just draft a Damn guard and make Tyron the swing

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's this crazy horseshit about moving Steele to guard and putting Tyron at RT? Just draft a Damn guard and make Tyron the swing

Making either the swing tackle is dumb. Play your best 5.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Making either the swing tackle is dumb. Play your best 5.
Tyler should be LT, Steele RT, Tyron should have been cut, but if kept, should not start over good young players. That's dumb. What's the over under on Tyron starting? 8, 9 max? Draft a guard, cut Tyron and move on

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler should be LT, Steele RT, Tyron should have been cut, but if kept, should not start over good young players. That's dumb. What's the over under on Tyron starting? 8, 9 max? Draft a guard, cut Tyron and move on
You can make a case that he should have been cut, but you don't restructure a vet like that to be a swing tackle. It doesn't make any sense

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The starting 5 should be Tyron, Tyler, Biadasz, Martin and Steele. Not the free agent they just signed and not some possible draft pick that we haven't even made and even if we do, may or may not be any good or ready to play week 1 of season 1. It's how we would have closed out last year and it's how we are most likely starting this year

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The starting 5 should be Tyron, Tyler, Biadasz, Martin and Steele. Not the free agent they just signed and not some possible draft pick that we haven't even made and even if we do, may or may not be any good or ready to play week 1 of season 1. It's how we would have closed out last year and it's how we are most likely starting this year
They have had great success drafting OL, including last year. Finding a guard in the draft shouldn't be tough. I personally hate the idea of moving either Tyler or Steele to guard for Tyron. 8 years ago, Hell Yes, 5 years ago, you bet, today? I'll take any bet that he doesn't play the whole season

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have had great success drafting OL, including last year. Finding a guard in the draft shouldn't be tough. I personally hate the idea of moving either Tyler or Steele to guard for Tyron. 8 years ago, Hell Yes, 5 years ago, you bet, today? I'll take any bet that he doesn't play the whole season
Agree. No chance he plays a full season. That's what I was telling you when you were talking about how much he might get in per game bonuses

The point about OG is it's not as easy as you are assuming. There are no guarantees. First and foremost the right player that you like has to still be on the board. Then he has to be the player on the board that we like the most and I'm assuming we must also be looking at TE, LB and DL. Then he has to not only be worthy of the selection, but ready to play week 1 of season 1. A guy can be a great player, but just not ready. Way too much for me to set up my season as if my starting Guard is a draft pick. :2cents:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. I do not know if Steele will be ready week one. It was fairly late in the year when he hurt the knee. Not sure where he is as far as rehab goes. I do think this FO needs to STFU as we get closer to the draft. They need not tip any teams off as to what position they may target.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I want the best 5 and if Tyron gets nicked they can move the younger smith over. Tyler proved he can play either at a high level. When Tyler stood up Vea I knew we found something in him. Vea is a load. Hopefully they stay healthy this time

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. I do not know if Steele will be ready week one. It was fairly late in the year when he hurt the knee. Not sure where he is as far as rehab goes. I do think this FO needs to STFU as we get closer to the draft. They need not tip any teams off as to what position they may target.
100% That's why they got robbed in the Cooper trade. Tell the whole Damn world youre going to trade him instead of, " might listen for the right offer"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me like he should be back by week 1