• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Draft discussion thread

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no

Reactions: LGM

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will join the conversation with you DraftCrazy. The guy that I really like that's climbing up quickly is a guy that will make a Joe Burrow type of leap and kind of reminds me of him a little bit. He has a stronger arm, probably a little bigger than Burrow, but has a college career similar to him in that he was a decent player, but his senior year has skyrocketed with his production..... This is Kenny Pickett QB/Pittsburgh. They play Clemson this week at home. I've watched him against Tennessee and he really was impressive. Good pocket presence, quick release, above average mobility and arm strength. Some guys the game just hits them and they start getting it. You can tell that's what has happened with Pickett.

Don't be surprised if he's the top pick in the draft this year though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome @wishful thinking glad you could join us.

I don't exactly see Joe Burrow in Kenny Pickett but I do have him in my previous top QB rankings from earlier in here. Very impressive season for Kenny Pickett. Taking advantage of the covid redshirt and is a 5 year starter. Looked great as a FR to me, not so impressive as a SOPH and JR then his Covid JR year he started to come around again and now in his SR year he is posting big numbers with a WR Jordan Addison who should be a top WR prospect next year. You can't talk Heisman this year without at least giving Kenny Pickett some recognition in the race. Pickett is a better athlete then I think people realize. You pretty much hit the positives with Pickett. He always seems to play well when the game is on the line too. Something I think is very underrated that a lot of people don't think about QB prospects is how well they play when the game is on the line. He seems very natural to me. There was a game earlier in the year where he hit Jordan Addison for 3 td's and another one where Taysir Mack had a big game. The thing I noticed the most is how well Pickett led these WR's to the football. He puts the ball in an area where only his guys can make the catch. He continues to get better.

The things that concern me about Pickett is sometimes he takes chances. Could be large in part because Pitt has had a bad D this year so he is often in shoot outs and can't fall behind... Sometimes he relies on his arm too much. He is in an offense which calls for quick passing which so many college systems run so his ability to read a defense is a bit foggy to me. Something we may not know until he gets to the next level. He sometimes hangs onto the ball too long too. A huge pet peeve of any coach. He can get happy feet back in the pocket.. Mostly mechanical issues with him which can be corrected. Physically he is very gifted. He will go early.

Burrow mechanically is way ahead of Pickett but Pickett has production and upside. I am a strong believer in Pickett. He caught my attention his FR then vanished a few years where he nearly lost his starting job to Joey Yellen and then when the pressure mounted with another QB breathing down his neck he seemed to pick it up over the past two years. He really benefitted from coming back for the covid RS season and has established himself as one of the better QB prospects going into this years draft.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos haven't had elite OT personnel since Tony Jones and Zim in the late 90s. Draft some of them.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Iowa or Florida today.

Washington/Arizona game was hard to watch last night.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone been keeping tabs on Kenneth Walker III from Michigan State? I watched him light up Michigan yesterday and wondering if anyone thinks that will translate to NFL. (Not necessarily thinking for the broncos)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone been keeping tabs on Kenneth Walker III from Michigan State? I watched him light up Michigan yesterday and wondering if anyone thinks that will translate to NFL. (Not necessarily thinking for the broncos)

Yes- He should translate to the NFL... Walker was very good for Wake Forest before he transferred to MSU. They just never fully gave him the full backfield while starting Christian Beal-Smith ahead of him. Guy was very good last year though for Wake and is now doing it for Michigan State... Can't talk Doak Walker without taking Kenneth Walker.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When someone situates our updated 2022 NFL Draft Picks help a brotha out... I am confused now. ;) All I know is... It will be fun.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Paton picks is huge. Hasn't he drafted more Pro Bowlers then any GM in recent years?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3