• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Draft discussion thread

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the thoughts on QB Matt Corral?
It's way early in the process, but it looks like it would be a mistake to look to the draft for a starting QB next year. I feel like we will be picking too late for anyone to fall to us and would have to give up too much to move high enough to grab a good one... if there is even a good one in this class. I know there will be some intriguing prospects that gain steam on boards after the season is done, but I'm just not feeling any of them this year.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's way early in the process, but it looks like it would be a mistake to look to the draft for a starting QB next year. I feel like we will be picking too late for anyone to fall to us and would have to give up too much to move high enough to grab a good one... if there is even a good one in this class. I know there will be some intriguing prospects that gain steam on boards after the season is done, but I'm just not feeling any of them this year.
Picking too late? We still have to play KC twice, Chargers twice and the Raiders one more time.......not sure any of those 5 are winnable. Then toss in the Bengals at home....that will be a tough game. Only winnable game left on the schedule would be Detroit. Looking at a 6 win season!

Reactions: LGM

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton has attended games in person now for Willis, Corral, Howell and Pickett.

Corral concerned me a lot last year with turnovers in the Lane Kiffin pass happy offense but he has done a better job of tbst this year. He has been impressive but hasn’t been healthy since the Auburn game. I like him but dont love him yet.

I’m not uber super high On Howell but I am high on him and he is probably consistently my fav QB of this group but the others do things I like better then Howell. Hard right now for me to rank these guys. Have concerns with all but a lot I like in them as well.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking too late? We still have to play KC twice, Chargers twice and the Raiders one more time.......not sure any of those 5 are winnable. Then toss in the Bengals at home....that will be a tough game. Only winnable game left on the schedule would be Detroit. Looking at a 6 win season!
#10 was the highest pick with 6 wins last season. Maybe that creeps up one or two spots with the added game this year, but I feel like we would need to trade up to get "our guy" if we fall in love with a QB from this class. Maybe I am downplaying the class as a whole, but I really think we will have to go outside of the draft to fix the situation next year.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are currently 22 teams with 5 or fewer wins. 8 with 3 or less. I think you are underestimating how many bad teams are out there. And I don't see any QB worth trading up in this draft. Especially because QB isn't the broncos only problem nor am I convinced that it is the biggest problem.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously QB's are going to go high. Any of the top QB's in this draft are going to go high.

Corral
Willis
Pickett
Howell
Ridder

But if I had to give a top overeall prospects I feel certain about picking at the top I am not sure any would be QB's... But I would obviously expect and want Denver to entertain any of the top QB.s

DE Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon
CB Derek Stingley Jr, LSU
S Kyle Hamilton, Notre Dame
DT Jordan Davis, Georgia
CB Kaair Elam, Florida
DE George Karlaliftis, Notre Dame
DL Demarvin Leal, Texas A&M
WR Jameson Williams, Alabama
C Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa
WR Garrett Wilson, Ohio State
WR Chris Olave, Ohio State

This is not a good offensive draft this year. I would consider this a defensive draft.

Also really like Clemson CB Andrew Booth, Georgia CB Deion Kendrick (transfer from Clemson)

The QB's we talked about above belong in this discussion.

But not a good year to need a QB if you are picking early in the draft.

I hear a lot of people say they wouldn't take a single RB in the first round. I personally love ASU RB Raachad White not that Denver is going to take him. He is the best RB in America that people aren't talking about, IMO.

Jerrion Ealy of Ole Miss would be a nice 3rd down back for some team in this draft. Speed guy who catches the ball well.

Arkansas WR Treylon Burks is the Rashad Bateman of this years draft, IMO.

Bama WR John Metchie should get some love too.

EDGE rusher Brenton Cox of Florida is very underrated... Reminds me a lot of Harold Landry coming out. Playing on a bad Florida defense this year.

Two QB's who fell off the face of the earth this year in the draft process.

USC QB Kedon Slovis
Oklahoma QB Spencer Rattler

Both went from possible #1 QB to likely transfers next year with Caleb Williams and Jaxson Dart taking over those starting roles.

I am sure most of you have gotten to watch Georgia on Defense this year but if you haven't, please do.... One of the best college defenses you will ever see.

LB's Nakobe Dean, Nolan Smith are incredible and DT Jordan Davis is probably the closest defensive Heisman candidate since Charles Woodson. Kendrick is a high pick as well in the secondary and many of the other will return and become top picks.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously QB's are going to go high. Any of the top QB's in this draft are going to go high.

Corral
Willis
Pickett
Howell
Ridder

But if I had to give a top overeall prospects I feel certain about picking at the top I am not sure any would be QB's... But I would obviously expect and want Denver to entertain any of the top QB.s

DE Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon
CB Derek Stingley Jr, LSU
S Kyle Hamilton, Notre Dame
DT Jordan Davis, Georgia
CB Kaair Elam, Florida
DE George Karlaliftis, Notre Dame
DL Demarvin Leal, Texas A&M
WR Jameson Williams, Alabama
C Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa
WR Garrett Wilson, Ohio State
WR Chris Olave, Ohio State

This is not a good offensive draft this year. I would consider this a defensive draft.

Also really like Clemson CB Andrew Booth, Georgia CB Deion Kendrick (transfer from Clemson)

The QB's we talked about above belong in this discussion.

But not a good year to need a QB if you are picking early in the draft.

I hear a lot of people say they wouldn't take a single RB in the first round. I personally love ASU RB Raachad White not that Denver is going to take him. He is the best RB in America that people aren't talking about, IMO.

Jerrion Ealy of Ole Miss would be a nice 3rd down back for some team in this draft. Speed guy who catches the ball well.

Arkansas WR Treylon Burks is the Rashad Bateman of this years draft, IMO.

Bama WR John Metchie should get some love too.

EDGE rusher Brenton Cox of Florida is very underrated... Reminds me a lot of Harold Landry coming out. Playing on a bad Florida defense this year.

Two QB's who fell off the face of the earth this year in the draft process.

USC QB Kedon Slovis
Oklahoma QB Spencer Rattler

Both went from possible #1 QB to likely transfers next year with Caleb Williams and Jaxson Dart taking over those starting roles.

I am sure most of you have gotten to watch Georgia on Defense this year but if you haven't, please do.... One of the best college defenses you will ever see.

LB's Nakobe Dean, Nolan Smith are incredible and DT Jordan Davis is probably the closest defensive Heisman candidate since Charles Woodson. Kendrick is a high pick as well in the secondary and many of the other will return and become top picks.
I agree this is a Defensive draft.....which one can hope that a QB falls to us or we can take a Defensive stud. I like Jordan Davis out of Georgia.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are currently 22 teams with 5 or fewer wins. 8 with 3 or less. I think you are underestimating how many bad teams are out there. And I don't see any QB worth trading up in this draft. Especially because QB isn't the broncos only problem nor am I convinced that it is the biggest problem.
QB is the biggest problem bar none!
And we have a very tough schedule the rest of the season. Realistically only 1 win unless we steal one from the Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders or Bengals. I wouldn't count on it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree this is a Defensive draft.....which one can hope that a QB falls to us or we can take a Defensive stud. I like Jordan Davis out of Georgia.

That is my other thought... With the QB class being weak with not as intriguing stops at the top it might help us where we are picking.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Russell Wilson and win him some career ending Super Bowls - like the Broncos are famous for!

There's a better chance of a good result with him and it would probably cost fewer draft picks.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Russell Wilson and win him some career ending Super Bowls - like the Broncos are famous for!

There's a better chance of a good result with him and it would probably cost fewer draft picks.
This is what I want to happen, but that is going to be tough as if he is available there will be lots of suitors due to the bad QB draft.

On the QB's you know they will get over hyped and picked way higher than they should just because of the position premium.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB is the biggest problem bar none!
And we have a very tough schedule the rest of the season. Realistically only 1 win unless we steal one from the Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders or Bengals. I wouldn't count on it.
Placement in the draft: I don't see the 3 win teams suddenly rattling off 3-4 more wins, certainly not all of them. Safe to assume we won't be picking top 5. To trade from 6-10 to top 1 or 2 we would give up a lot for top QBs in a very weak QB class.

QB Situation: we have no coaches, gaps on defense, weak offensive line, and most importantly a team that crumples the very instant something goes wrong. Does a new QB fix that? Maybe Rodgers/Wilson, not some rookie struggling to get to NFL speed.

We have too many issues to chase 1 position. Especially in a year where that position is going to be weak.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Paton was scouting Carsen Strong, Trey McBride and Romeo Doubs this week.

I know Doubls older brother well. Got him on an indoor team in Arizona. Great family.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Paton was scouting Carsen Strong, Trey McBride and Romeo Doubs this week.

I know Doubls older brother well. Got him on an indoor team in Arizona. Great family.
Czar Drafty