• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2025 Draft discussion thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree with this. Nobody is expecting Mims to be a world beater WR.. We just want him used like we did vs the Commanders last year and PS last year... Mims is never going to be a 80 plus catch guy but we have to find ways to get him the ball. He is an X factor we lack with his playmaking skills. Payton is playing mind games with him, IMO and is is slowly working his way into a larger role.
Payton plays mind games with every player -he's from the Bill Purcell school.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree with this. Nobody is expecting Mims to be a world beater WR.. We just want him used like we did vs the Commanders last year and PS last year... Mims is never going to be a 80 plus catch guy but we have to find ways to get him the ball. He is an X factor we lack with his playmaking skills. Payton is playing mind games with him, IMO and is is slowly working his way into a larger role.
He gives him 15 plays my guess is that is the routs he has displayed he understands . I don't believe he is playing mind games . He is trying to make him dig in himself and force him to learn the stuff he needs . He drafted this guy for a reason .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gives him 15 plays my guess is that is the routs he has displayed he understands . I don't believe he is playing mind games . He is trying to make him dig in himself and force him to learn the stuff he needs . He drafted this guy for a reason .

I think our definition of mind games is different.... I don't mean "mind games" as a negative thing on Payton's side. I am basically saying the same thing you are saying.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our definition of mind games is different.... I don't mean "mind games" as a negative thing on Payton's side. I am basically saying the same thing you are saying.
It's the way he motivates them - they are even aware of it - and his players love him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say yes to the Denver Bronco's future!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rarely am in the take a RB in the 1st round but if the Broncos would stand a chance at Jeanty he would easily change how defenses have to play our offense. I can't say that about any receiver quite yet. I like some of them, but none of them jump off the page quite yet. Jeanty though with his ability as a receiver on top of his elite running skills would be incredible to see in Denver.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rarely am in the take a RB in the 1st round but if the Broncos would stand a chance at Jeanty he would easily change how defenses have to play our offense. I can't say that about any receiver quite yet. I like some of them, but none of them jump off the page quite yet. Jeanty though with his ability as a receiver on top of his elite running skills would be incredible to see in Denver.

Seriously on WR? I see lots this year but they are all at the top of the draft likely before we pick.

Jeanty is decent to me. I like Omarion Hampton more then Jeanty at the NFL level.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously on WR? I see lots this year but they are all at the top of the draft likely before we pick.

Jeanty is decent to me. I like Omarion Hampton more then Jeanty at the NFL level.

I like them. Right now just working on getting acquainted with them so haven't watched more than a game or two of many of the top guys. Usually December is when I kick off the deeper dive and when I actually fall in love with them. I do really like Luther Burden to be paired with Nix. Skill set that works well with what Nix is good at.

I haven't watched Hampton yet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any great TE’s because we desperately need one of those.

There are some decent names to like. Colston Loveland of Michigan, Tyler Warren of Penn State, Luke Lachey of Iowa, Terrance Ferguson of Oregon are a few I have liked so far and there are plenty of others getting mentioned as decent prospects. I don't see any of them being a top-10 pick level quite yet like we've seen in the past with guys like Hockenson and Pitts.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some decent names to like. Colston Loveland of Michigan, Tyler Warren of Penn State, Luke Lachey of Iowa, Terrance Ferguson of Oregon are a few I have liked so far and there are plenty of others getting mentioned as decent prospects. I don't see any of them being a top-10 pick level quite yet like we've seen in the past with guys like Hockenson and Pitts.
give me a sam laporta any day
i would rather use a 2nd or 3rd on a TE
than 1st.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE Gunnar Helm can likely be had towards the middle rounds and would be a great all around TE for Denver.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give me a sam laporta any day
i would rather use a 2nd or 3rd on a TE
than 1st.
I think the midrounds is going to be a good spot for a TE this year. Wouldn't shock me to see the Broncos use a day 2 pick or at the latest a 4th rounder. They might view the position as a bigger priority than most considering how bad the position is on the team.