• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Draft discussion thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would assume the draft pool will be much larger in the next NFL draft. The Colleges still have one extra class to burn off their football teams - so you get the guys who would have been seniors this year - and the guys who would have become seniors this year - and well as the early achievers who want to leave after their Jr. year. Also - I believe the next season will have an injection of new money from TV contracts - so everyone would want to cash in.

Reactions: LGM

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My college fantasy team this year.

Sorry @Mingo no Jarek Broussard. He went between my first and second pick. He sure was fun to have last year though. Although he was a lot of yards and not a lot of TD's.

QB- Jayden de Laura, Washington State
QB- Tyler Shough, Texas Tech
QB- Casey Thompson, Texas
QB- Hudson Card, Texas
QB- Jarrett Guarantano, Washington State
QB- Graham Mertz, Wisconsin
QB- Anthony Richardson, Florida

RB- Jerrion Ealy, Mississippi
RB- Lyn-J Dixon, Clemson
RB- Zach Evans, TCU
RB- SaRodorick Thompson, Texas Tech
RB- Jalen Mitchell, Louisville
RB- TJ Pledger, Utah
RB- Ricky Person, North Carolina State
RB- Snoop Conner, Mississippi

WR- Marvin Mims, Oklahoma
WR- Drake London, USC
WR- Jonathan Mingo, Mississippi
WR- LV Bunkley-Shelton, Arizona State
WR- Demond Demas, Texas A&M
WR- Malik Heath, Mississippi State
WR- Mario Williams, Oklahoma
WR- Agiye Hall, Alabama
WR- Emery Simmons, North Carolina
WR- Tyrone Tracy, Iowa

K- Cade York, LSU

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My college fantasy team this year.

Sorry @Mingo no Jarek Broussard. He went between my first and second pick. He sure was fun to have last year though. Although he was a lot of yards and not a lot of TD's.

QB- Jayden de Laura, Washington State
QB- Tyler Shough, Texas Tech
QB- Casey Thompson, Texas
QB- Hudson Card, Texas
QB- Jarrett Guarantano, Washington State
QB- Graham Mertz, Wisconsin
QB- Anthony Richardson, Florida

RB- Jerrion Ealy, Mississippi
RB- Lyn-J Dixon, Clemson
RB- Zach Evans, TCU
RB- SaRodorick Thompson, Texas Tech
RB- Jalen Mitchell, Louisville
RB- TJ Pledger, Utah
RB- Ricky Person, North Carolina State
RB- Snoop Conner, Mississippi

WR- Marvin Mims, Oklahoma
WR- Drake London, USC
WR- Jonathan Mingo, Mississippi
WR- LV Bunkley-Shelton, Arizona State
WR- Demond Demas, Texas A&M
WR- Malik Heath, Mississippi State
WR- Mario Williams, Oklahoma
WR- Agiye Hall, Alabama
WR- Emery Simmons, North Carolina
WR- Tyrone Tracy, Iowa

K- Cade York, LSU
You took a Mingo - so that's cool

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football has started- Where do we start???

Romeo Doubs Nevada WR--- He is really good... Just a random note... I know his older brother well. I have him in the indoor football league and he is a very good CB in that league playing for the Arizona Rattlers.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlikely we are looking at WR next year but man I like Arkansas WR Treylon Burks a lot.

Kaiir Elam and Derek Stingley... Have I mentioned them yet? ;)

Kinda nice to not have a MAJOR position of need right now outside QB that seems like the simple target going into next years offseason. One will develop but it is a good sign... A year ago we could have named about 6 dire needs. ;)

Will be interesting to see what QB we can get at 32 next year.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know that I agree with QB being the only need. We have several players with contracts expiring at the end of the year. The guys off the top of my head;
Teddy Bridgewater
Courtland Sutton
Tim Patrick
Von Miller
Kyle Fuller
Bryce Callahan
Josey Jewell
Alexander Johnson
Kareem Jackson

Some of these players might have their replacements on the Roster but some may not.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know that I agree with QB being the only need. We have several players with contracts expiring at the end of the year. The guys off the top of my head;
Teddy Bridgewater
Courtland Sutton
Tim Patrick
Von Miller
Kyle Fuller
Bryce Callahan
Josey Jewell
Alexander Johnson
Kareem Jackson

Some of these players might have their replacements on the Roster but some may not.

WHOA wait a minute. We haven needs. I said "dire" need, huge difference. You will never find a year in which there is a single team in the NFL that doesn't have a "need"...

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHOA wait a minute. We haven needs. I said "dire" need, huge difference. You will never find a year in which there is a single team in the NFL that doesn't have a "need"...
Dire need will depend on who is resigned. ILB could be dire need if neither Jewel or Alexander are resigned. CB could actually get to serious need if neither Callahan or Fuller resign. WR could even get pretty thin without Sutton or Patrick (he has been impressive this year) and OLB is thin without Von given Chubb's injury history.

Oh and then there is that pesky QB position.........................

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That goes without saying.. Yes, of course. It obviously depends on who we lose and what happens from now until then...

CB we at least have Surtain and Darby.. We have depth there now but of course if we lost Callahan and Fuller this offseason and we will surely lose one then we need some depth. Hopefully Ojemudia gets healthy and steps up a bit...

Fuller to me will all depend on Fangio's future here. I think Callahan probably is gone after this year as someone will offer him more money.. Barring Darby playing terrible and us only keeping him one year.

I think the key with Callahan which Denver is doing is the fact that he has been a very good CB for us when healthy but with the other CB's we have we aren't having to give him as many snaps as last year. I don't think his body can take a high volume of snaps which is to bad because he was great last year for us before he got hurt again.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC WR Drake London is REALLY REALLY good. Interested what his 40 time will be.

Surprised Sam Howell doesn't get more love then he does. He gets love but...

Liberty QB Malik Willis may be the #1 pick this year. Be funny to see a Liberty player go #1. Spencer Rattler and Kedon Slovis haven't done much for me this year. Loved Slovis after his FR year but SOPH and JR year not so much impressed.

My favorite college player isn't even draft eligible. Texas RB Bijan Robinson. Love that guy.

Raachad White RB Arizona State and Miss RB Jerrion Ealy are two of my favs this year. Ealy isn't posting the numbers in the offense he is in which passes a lot and takes his GL carries away to Snoop Conner but he looks like a solid change of pace guy and probably good return man/3rd down back at the NFL level. Should be a great pass catcher.

Iowa SOPH LB Jack Campbell is the most underrated LB in the nation. Trust me on this one. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC WR Drake London is REALLY REALLY good. Interested what his 40 time will be.

Surprised Sam Howell doesn't get more love then he does. He gets love but...

Liberty QB Malik Willis may be the #1 pick this year. Be funny to see a Liberty player go #1. Spencer Rattler and Kedon Slovis haven't done much for me this year. Loved Slovis after his FR year but SOPH and JR year not so much impressed.

My favorite college player isn't even draft eligible. Texas RB Bijan Robinson. Love that guy.

Raachad White RB Arizona State and Miss RB Jerrion Ealy are two of my favs this year. Ealy isn't posting the numbers in the offense he is in which passes a lot and takes his GL carries away to Snoop Conner but he looks like a solid change of pace guy and probably good return man/3rd down back at the NFL level. Should be a great pass catcher.

Iowa SOPH LB Jack Campbell is the most underrated LB in the nation. Trust me on this one. :)
Drake London dominates college football games - similar to what AJ Green was like in terms of college dominance.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake London dominates college football games - similar to what AJ Green was like in terms of college dominance.

16 more catches this week. Glad he is on my college fantasy team. ;) On a bye this week though.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Draft Crazy who are the top draft eligible QB's for next year? Don't know what this crop looks like, but the Broncos should be in the market.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't real appealing to be honest but I do like some. I think the difference between NFL starter and NFL backup in this list isn't far between after the top few.

Malik Willis, Liberty
Matt Corral, Ole Miss (Cutting down on the turnovers so far this year, very strong arm.
Sam Howell, North Carolina (Surprised this guy doesn't get more love then he does)
Spencer Rattler, Oklahoma ( hasn't impressed me at all this year and could be on the verge of losing his starting job this guys is really dropping)
Carsen Strong, Nevada
Desmond Ridder, Cincinnati
Kedon Slovis, USC (Great as a FR really has dropped off since then battling injuries)
Kenny Pickett, Pitt (Really climbing, sorta reminds me of Drew Lock his SR year where Lock had started since his FR year and was sorta average and then busted our his SR year, that is Pickett)
JT Daniels, Georgia (Constantly hurt though, hasn't really stayed healthy since his FR season)
Jake Haener, Fresno State
Brock Purdy, Iowa State
Aqeel Glass, Alabama A&M
Jayden Daniels, Arizona State
Tyler Shough, Texas Tech

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corral and Willis look intriguing, but Howell I don't get any of the love for. He looks like a homeless mans Mayfield which doesn't inspire much confidence. Solid, but doesn't really have any top end skills. Rattler looks rattled this year and may loose his job, which I am sure will negatively impact his draft status. Strong is someone talked about a lot, but I haven't seen any of his play. Same with Ridder, need to watch him play.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corral and Willis look intriguing, but Howell I don't get any of the love for. He looks like a homeless mans Mayfield which doesn't inspire much confidence. Solid, but doesn't really have any top end skills. Rattler looks rattled this year and may loose his job, which I am sure will negatively impact his draft status. Strong is someone talked about a lot, but I haven't seen any of his play. Same with Ridder, need to watch him play.

I like Howell quite a bit. Doesn't exactly look elite to me but I like him more then a lot of people do. Mayfield is probably a good comparison but I think he makes better decisions. I see Drew Brees in him at time but not at all times. Just feel he could go either way but I lean towards him becoming a successful NFL QB.. Not as high on Ridder as some. Some think he is the best QB in this draft, I am more in the middle on Ridder. Not REAL high on him but not low on him either.

Rattler has never impressed me to be honest. Little bit the last half of last year but he has had some character issues in the past and he is way too inconsistent and this year consistently not so good. He was playing a bit better then was slacking in the Texas game to be replaced by Caleb Williams who went superstar on Texas.