• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F*ck man why they gotta stress me out this close to Colbert leavin... Just sign the man to a futures deal lol

Deny that shit Art!

@SteelersPride @thedddd @Superbelt
If Colbert has decided to retire, then the job is his.

Why move to Chicago and get fired within 5 when you can put your stamp on the Steelers for the next 20 years?

I'm not worried, Omar has been a hot candidate for years now and he's never left. That or interest in him has really only been for the Rooney Rule.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Colbert has decided to retire, then the job is his.

Why move to Chicago and get fired within 5 when you can put your stamp on the Steelers for the next 20 years?

I'm not worried, Omar has been a hot candidate for years now and he's never left. That or interest in him has really only been for the Rooney Rule.
Well according to Fat Madden: Omar isn't happy because he was told he isn't the successor... If you can believe anything coming out of that asshole's mouth

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well according to Fat Madden: Omar isn't happy because he was told he isn't the successor... If you can believe anything coming out of that asshole's mouth
About the only truth to Madden is that he is fat and an asshole.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe a damn thing that ever comes from fatso.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a discussion with former chief editor of BTSC, and current senior editor at USA Today, Neal Coolong... Click my tweet to follow the thread

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only truth to Madden is that he is fat and an asshole.

I don't believe a damn thing that ever comes from fatso.
maxresdefault.jpg

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunt is a Pro Scout (Not college), and Khan is a numbers guy.

Which is more important? I'd lean to Khan. Khan has other scouts to lean on if need be. Including Dan Rooney Jr, who needs to keep climbing the ladder.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunt is a Pro Scout (Not college), and Khan is a numbers guy.

Which is more important? I'd lean to Khan. Khan has other scouts to lean on if need be. Including Dan Rooney Jr, who needs to keep climbing the ladder.
He's not just the numbers guy... VP of operations essentially. He overseas all aspects of the executive office.

My biggest fear is that hiring Hunt means Khan will leave. And that impact could extend far beyond the immediate impact of a GM.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin pleased with Hass at Center. Maybe that sticks!

If the 'concept changes' include more vertical football, and less passes at the LOS, then good.

If not, it'll be a long game. They need to uncork if they want any hope of staying alive.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 'concept changes' include more vertical football, and less passes at the LOS, then good.

If not, it'll be a long game. They need to uncork if they want any hope of staying alive.
LMAO at that article about "drastic changes"... Tomlin basically squashing the title with his own quotes.

"Changes are subtle for those that aren't in our business"

"When you're watching the game through the lens of a tv camera, it might not be significant"

"...and particularly in situational football, possession downs, RZ, 2-minute, etc"

So subtle changes he *hopes* will make a big difference. I sure hope he's talking about giving Ben the no-huddle more. That's probably the best we can ask for because he's been alluding to "changes" all season and we keep seeing shitty offensive gameplans on the field.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the radio guys including ed bouchette says khan is not a gm candidate. Hes a numbers guy, not a football guy. Guy khan wants to be THE guy. Steelers dont neccessarily want him in that role. Wouod want him as a “co-gm”. Someone does financials, someone does talent evaluation.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the radio guys including ed bouchette says khan is not a gm candidate. Hes a numbers guy, not a football guy. Guy khan wants to be THE guy. Steelers dont neccessarily want him in that role. Wouod want him as a “co-gm”. Someone does financials, someone does talent evaluation.
It is more important for a GM to be talent-oriented, but also to be cap savvy. But I think the Steelers operate in a more non-traditional sense. I don't think the Steelers ever had a GM before Colbert.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is more important for a GM to be talent-oriented, but also to be cap savvy. But I think the Steelers operate in a more non-traditional sense. I don't think the Steelers ever had a GM before Colbert.
Well looks liie we may be at a divide. God i forget who bouchette said he thinks is front runner. You ever find a copy of the news paper?