• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin just simply cannot assemble a competent staff. Maybe his biggest failing.
Sure seems like it. Also could be a power struggle since Tomlin seems intent on having his fingerprints all over every facet of the game. Maybe that conflicts or influences the coordinators & assistants. We already know that Tomlin calls the defensive plays more than half the time. Or at least in important games thats when we hear about it more.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure seems like it. Also could be a power struggle since Tomlin seems intent on having his fingerprints all over every facet of the game. Maybe that conflicts or influences the coordinators & assistants. We already know that Tomlin calls the defensive plays more than half the time. Or at least in important games thats when we hear about it more.
I'm just sick to my stomach thinking about the direction of this team right now. I just don't see a very bright immediate (and possibly long term) future. We're going to waste that defense.

You should make me feel better. It's the right thing to do. FYI.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just sick to my stomach thinking about the direction of this team right now. I just don't see a very bright immediate (and possibly long term) future. We're going to waste that defense.

You should make me feel better. It's the right thing to do. FYI.
Well the only way we are going to feel better is out on the lake with a wet line & a cooler full of beer.

All I can say is, the offseason is all about knee-jerk reactions... Most of the time I disagree with their decision making but it typically turns out ok or better than expected at least. Just have to trust that these people making millions of dollars to make these decisions are making the right ones. We'll have to wait & see. But I do think we need to buckle up. This offseason is going to be rough. I'm going to spend the entire month of March crying when I see all that talent leave.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the only way we are going to feel better is out on the lake with a wet line & a cooler full of beer.

All I can say is, the offseason is all about knee-jerk reactions... Most of the time I disagree with their decision making but it typically turns out ok or better than expected at least. Just have to trust that these people making millions of dollars to make these decisions are making the right ones. We'll have to wait & see. But I do think we need to buckle up. This offseason is going to be rough. I'm going to spend the entire month of March crying when I see all that talent leave.
UGH. But I can't fish either! The water is hard! That leaves a cooler full of beer. The only thing I have to live for now.

I feel a banquet coming on.

Yeah. This is going to be a rough off-season. I have no idea why Ben would want to come back. Well, I mean, cash. But he's loaded already.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGH. But I can't fish either! The water is hard! That leaves a cooler full of beer. The only thing I have to live for now.

I feel a banquet coming on.

Yeah. This is going to be a rough off-season. I have no idea why Ben would want to come back. Well, I mean, cash. But he's loaded already.
Well then... Beat that liver like a red-headed stepchild and pray it holds out until warmer weather lol.

Ben is a true competitor, but I hope someone talks him out of it. He still has something left in the tank but its cap suicide if they don't figure out how to roll his cap hit into some voided years. Maybe they can agree to extend his contract & then roll his remaining years into a bonus, and merely void the extension? I'll default to Omar Kahn's wizadry here.

But even still... 1 more year during an O-line rebuild & learning a new system? Sounds foolish, but I wouldn't doubt he'd be ready for it. If they can manage to maintain some level of the talent on the defense then it could be a decent year for the offense to compete.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW:

I don't remember any current or former players going to bat with Sarrett when he was hired.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember any current or former players going to bat with Sarrett when he was hired.
Cause & effect. There wasn't a need for it with Sarrett because nobody was upset about him getting the promotion. That was a no-brainer decision.

This decision is a lot more questionable.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause & effect. There wasn't a need for it with Sarrett because nobody was upset about him getting the promotion. That was a no-brainer decision.

This decision is a lot more questionable.
Steelers are certainly cheap, and that must factor in for potential hires.

Smallest and lowest paid coaching staff in the league.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers are certainly cheap, and that must factor in for potential hires.

Smallest and lowest paid coaching staff in the league.
They put a lot of stock into stability. They put equal considerations into hiring their assistant coaches as they do their positions coaches & even to a certain degree, the coordinators. But they seem to do a decent job of grooming the collegiate ranks for fresh minds to fill those assistant roles. The methodology here seems to be that they want their "coaches in waiting" in place before the current position holder leaves.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean if he could make Malkin try at least 30% of the time just imagine what he can do for Ben!
Lol... But if he can’t fix dah dang pAHer play then how’s he supposed to fix dah QB situation n’at??

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Morgan spent 6 seasons as the head OL coach in Atlanta from 2015-20... Their O-line was ok. He was also made the run-game coordinator in 2018. They averaged close to 100yds per game that year. SO there's that.

Tomsho is a Matt Canada disciple. He worked with him at Pitt, LSU & Maryland. Followed him everywhere he went. Started as an offensive graduate assistant, then offensive analyst, and finally offensive assistant.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3