• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pep Hamilton let go by Chargers.

So he could still be hired to the vacant QB Coach position, which I would like.

I'm also interested in James Campen for OL Coach.

New HC for Chargers wants his own people, I guess.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Everyone else is sayin the cap is going down or staying the same. This is the first I’ve heard that it’s goin up.

The new TV deal is supposed to make a big impact... That would be awesome if it does go up
Well, it was 198 this year.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need Pep Hamilton as our QB coach.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Steelers & Chargers swapping OL coaches?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AmaZing how many steeler fans think tj watt is worth more than a franchise qb.

many posts like this.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AmaZing how many steeler fans think tj watt is worth more than a franchise qb.

many posts like this.

I'd riot. Not only lose Watt, but this years 1st, next years 1st and a 3rd?

Also: Deshaun Watson Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

He has a base salary of 35 million next year and through most of his contract. He has the 2nd most lucrative contract in the league. So we wouldn't even be getting a deal on him, because the bonus that the Texans would be on the hook for is minimal.

These kinds of trades rarely work out. And when they did, it was only for 1 1st round pick. (Elway and Favre). And Favre was a 2nd year player, and Elway was a freshly drafted pick that didn't want to play for his team from jump.

I'd rather use that capital to draft somebody. Deshaun is good, but he's not worth that. IMO.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd riot. Not only lose Watt, but this years 1st, next years 1st and a 3rd?

Also: Deshaun Watson Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

He has a base salary of 35 million next year and through most of his contract. He has the 2nd most lucrative contract in the league. So we wouldn't even be getting a deal on him, because the bonus that the Texans would be on the hook for is minimal.

These kinds of trades rarely work out. And when they did, it was only for 1 1st round pick. (Elway and Favre). And Favre was a 2nd year player, and Elway was a freshly drafted pick that didn't want to play for his team from jump.

I'd rather use that capital to draft somebody. Deshaun is good, but he's not worth that. IMO.
crazy talk IMHO........franchise qb's are impossible to find, much less young ones....and guys that are legit top 5.........

Watts an animal. But he isnt going to win you a superbowl. A qb can.

These kind of trades rarely happen, because franchise qbs DONT LEAVE.....Probably the most important position in all of sports..........any sport.

I love watt, hes unreal......but a franchise qb or watt? plus were assuming we hit on both firsts and the third.............

I dunno......i think valuing the edge rusher too high. Edge rushers are one of the most important positions in football, but they aren't qb's.

35million for a franchise qb is on par, and isnt bad at 35 movin forward.....It's going to be the going rate.......unless were gonna go with rookies, and plug and play FA's.......you have to pay for a qb.

In all honesty. Projecting out the next lets say 4 seasons.....how many qb's in the league are you taking over watson? Project that out over the next 4-8 then as well. He is what 25? Realistically we can have our qb again for another decade......

For me next 4 seasons......over watson

Mahomes

thats really it for me. Rodgers if he plays 4 more. Russ? You can put herbert, kyler, allen in the convo....

Look how blessed we were to have ben all that time. Thats what you get with watson. Looking back...

Im gonna use this scenario

2007, the chiefs. They were trotting out brodie croyle and damon Huard.

They offer us Jared Allen. Who is young, top of the league in sacks, ends up with 5 pro bowls, 4x all pro, 2x sack leader.
Their first round pick that year #23 overall, and next years first and third....

You would take that trade then, slam dunk? Its an eerily similar scenario almost exactly really.

Both Ben and Watson would of wrapped up their 4th season. A top of the league young edge rusher. Chiefs picked 23, steelers pick 24 this year.

Im just curious if you would of jumped on that deal from the chiefs. I realize ben at that point had a superbowl. But both would have some really nice games , numbers, and ascension into the top of the league at that point.

Just rambling :suds:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crazy talk IMHO........franchise qb's are impossible to find, much less young ones....and guys that are legit top 5.........

Watts an animal. But he isnt going to win you a superbowl. A qb can.

These kind of trades rarely happen, because franchise qbs DONT LEAVE.....Probably the most important position in all of sports..........any sport.

I love watt, hes unreal......but a franchise qb or watt? plus were assuming we hit on both firsts and the third.............

I dunno......i think valuing the edge rusher too high. Edge rushers are one of the most important positions in football, but they aren't qb's.

35million for a franchise qb is on par, and isnt bad at 35 movin forward.....It's going to be the going rate.......unless were gonna go with rookies, and plug and play FA's.......you have to pay for a qb.

In all honesty. Projecting out the next lets say 4 seasons.....how many qb's in the league are you taking over watson? Project that out over the next 4-8 then as well. He is what 25? Realistically we can have our qb again for another decade......

For me next 4 seasons......over watson

Mahomes

thats really it for me. Rodgers if he plays 4 more. Russ? You can put herbert, kyler, allen in the convo....

Look how blessed we were to have ben all that time. Thats what you get with watson. Looking back...

Im gonna use this scenario

2007, the chiefs. They were trotting out brodie croyle and damon Huard.

They offer us Jared Allen. Who is young, top of the league in sacks, ends up with 5 pro bowls, 4x all pro, 2x sack leader.
Their first round pick that year #23 overall, and next years first and third....

You would take that trade then, slam dunk? Its an eerily similar scenario almost exactly really.

Both Ben and Watson would of wrapped up their 4th season. A top of the league young edge rusher. Chiefs picked 23, steelers pick 24 this year.

Im just curious if you would of jumped on that deal from the chiefs. I realize ben at that point had a superbowl. But both would have some really nice games , numbers, and ascension into the top of the league at that point.

Just rambling :suds:
Well, I agree that a top QB is the most important thing for a team.

The proposed trade from ESPN is just too rich though. You'd have the QB, but you lose out on help to make that QB successful. There are a lot of holes that won't be filled on the OL, TE, WR without those picks. And that's just on the Offense alone, don't forget that brand new hole at OLB. Then there is the massive salaries he is carrying. So that means future contracts for people like Minkah might have to be sacrificed.

The Trade ESPN is proposing, that is more than what the Chiefs paid to trade up for Mahomes.

If I'm trading any picks, I'd rather trade them for Trey Lance.
Not someone who is in a very public (even though some of it is justified) pissing match with his team. Him wanting to have a say in the HC and GM hire was going too far.

At most I'd think about trading a 1 and a 2 for Watson. Maybe a player too, but that player can't be someone of Watt's caliber.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I agree that a top QB is the most important thing for a team.

The proposed trade from ESPN is just too rich though. You'd have the QB, but you lose out on help to make that QB successful. There are a lot of holes that won't be filled on the OL, TE, WR without those picks. And that's just on the Offense alone, don't forget that brand new hole at OLB. Then there is the massive salaries he is carrying. So that means future contracts for people like Minkah might have to be sacrificed.

The Trade ESPN is proposing, that is more than what the Chiefs paid to trade up for Mahomes.

If I'm trading any picks, I'd rather trade them for Trey Lance.
Not someone who is in a very public (even though some of it is justified) pissing match with his team. Him wanting to have a say in the HC and GM hire was going too far.

At most I'd think about trading a 1 and a 2 for Watson. Maybe a player too, but that player can't be someone of Watt's caliber.
Im not at all on board with trey lance? What do u like about him?

fair enough. I know he is in a pissing match, but a legit top 5 qb at 25...

and yes they traded that for mahomes. That was to draft a qb. Thats even without certainty he develops and succeeds....watson already is...but yes you cant have minkah and watt and bud and a qb etc etc someone Always will he sacrficed. So we draft lance. In a few years MAYBE he develops. Then next contract he gets paid(more than watson FOR SURE), then other positions suffer.

last year we had a legendary d and no qb, went 8-8. This year we had a very good(not as good) d, won the division....with a qb with no arm...but better than prior.

qbs elevate teams more than d imho.

Again as far as the trade its what you pat to secure a franchise qb for years. So we miss a few draft picks...and the build tkes a bit longer... or we draft lance, and pray he develops correctly, and we wait for it...while our d loses pieces and dwindles

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to choose I would want Watson over Watt and the QB position is solved for most likely the next decade.

They can retool OL/RB and TE in the 2nd rounds and later but I am not sure Colbert would be that willing to give up that many 1st round picks even though it is worth it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to choose I would want Watson over Watt and the QB position is solved for most likely the next decade.

They can retool OL/RB and TE in the 2nd rounds and later but I am not sure Colbert would be that willing to give up that many 1st round picks even though it is worth it.
I guess I always come back to, can a great qb elevate teams to wins....

how many DE or LB’s single handidly carry a team? Top 3-4 value position in the nfl? Sure.... but the gap between 1 and 2 is extraordinary.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I always come back to, can a great qb elevate teams to wins....

how many DE or LB’s single handidly carry a team? Top 3-4 value position in the nfl? Sure.... but the gap between 1 and 2 is extraordinary.
You can look at it this way also. A stud DE/LB can take over a game or two (IE...Seau against the Steelers) but a QB takes over a season (IE..Steelers last year, lack thereof).

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This also shows a good picture of position value:

L56K4042otoz067nBQ127Ljf528GxpL6PfRaXZcSaL0.png

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Stafford trade was insane.

I can't see how anyone gets Watson for less.