• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been looking at some mock drafts. These are who the "experts" think we should or will take at 24.

Sam Cosmi, OT Texas (Walter Football)
Jaycee Horn, CB South Carolina (CBS Sports)
Teven Jenkins, OL Oklahoma State (CBS Sports)
Travis Etienne, RB Clemson (CBS Sports and 24/7 Sports)
Kyle Trask, QB Florida (Draft Blaster)
Christian Darrisaw, OT Virginia Tech (Drafttek)
Najee Harris, RB Alabama (Tankathon)
Creed Humphrey, C Oklahoma (NBC Sports)

Any of these guys jump out at you as a good pick?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been looking at some mock drafts. These are who the "experts" think we should or will take at 24.

Sam Cosmi, OT Texas (Walter Football)
Jaycee Horn, CB South Carolina (CBS Sports)
Teven Jenkins, OL Oklahoma State (CBS Sports)
Travis Etienne, RB Clemson (CBS Sports and 24/7 Sports)
Kyle Trask, QB Florida (Draft Blaster)
Christian Darrisaw, OT Virginia Tech (Drafttek)
Najee Harris, RB Alabama (Tankathon)
Creed Humphrey, C Oklahoma (NBC Sports)

Any of these guys jump out at you as a good pick?
1st Round targets
Sam Cosmi, OT
Christian Darrisaw, OT
Alex Leatherwood, OT
Teven Jenkins, OT
Jalen Mayfield, OT

2nd Round targets
Trey Hill, OC
Landon Dickerson, OC
Josh Myers, OC

I don't want Creed Humphrey in particular. He's a T-Rex. And he isn't going anywhere near the 1st round.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cosmi, Darrisaw, Leatherwood, Jenkins... In that order

Unless 23 teams mess around & let Trey Lance fall into the teens... Then I'm lookin to trade up

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only deviation from OL tunnel vision is if they plan to trade up for a QB that drops to their reach.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hoping that an OL makes sense at that pick but hell no to tunnel vision. This team needs good players. No more Artie Burns reaches.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only deviation from OL tunnel vision is if they plan to trade up for a QB that drops to their reach.
I'm going to reach out to Lance & Wilson's agents to see if I can offer them Laremy Tunsil's gasmask.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hoping that an OL makes sense at that pick but hell no to tunnel vision. This team needs good players. No more Artie Burns reaches.
We aren't going anywhere without fixing that line though.

Defense isn't worth as much as offense anymore.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL pool is deep as f*ck this year... There is no such thing as reaching in the 1st Rd at that position this year.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't going anywhere without fixing that line though.

Defense isn't worth as much as offense anymore.

Agreed. But reaching for a player that won't ever pan out doesn't fix the line. It just weakens another position that could have been improved.

The OL pool is deep as f*ck this year... There is no such thing as reaching in the 1st Rd at that position this year.

Yeah, seems like a really deep class. And just when they need it too.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But reaching for a player that won't ever pan out doesn't fix the line. It just weakens another position that could have been improved.

Yeah, seems like a really deep class. And just when they need it too.
Right.

And my opinion on the matter is colored by this OT class being so deep and talented at the top this year.

It's also really top heavy at IOL, which is why they need to make that OC move in the 2nd round., too.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cosmi, Darrisaw, Leatherwood, Jenkins... In that order

Unless 23 teams mess around & let Trey Lance fall into the teens... Then I'm lookin to trade up
Ah, so you are a Trey Lance fan? I've seen his highlights and he seems pretty good. I fear him playing in the FCS might hinder him in terms of talent played against and I look towards Carson Wentz as a comparison as he's been in the same position at the same school as well. Wentz started out well but I believe his injuries are hurting him in more ways than one. IDK if I would trade up for him though. But also, I don't see him lasting outside the top 15.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so you are a Trey Lance fan? I've seen his highlights and he seems pretty good. I fear him playing in the FCS might hinder him in terms of talent played against and I look towards Carson Wentz as a comparison as he's been in the same position at the same school as well. Wentz started out well but I believe his injuries are hurting him in more ways than one. IDK if I would trade up for him though. But also, I don't see him lasting outside the top 15.
I am a fan, but also being realistic about which prospect has the highest probability to slide.

As far as the Lance-Wentz comparison... Everything I have seen from Lance pegs him as a much more athletic version of Wentz. He's not as polished as Wentz was coming out though. But his arm talent looks better than Wentz. And if we're really being honest, he's got the perfect mold for an AFCN QB. He's not as talented as Wilson, but he's built for the AFCN better, and still meshes that frame with great athleticism. Reminds me a lot of Josh Allen coming out of Wyoming in 2017. Very athletic, got a cannon for an arm, great competitor, just lacks experience. He's a top 10-15 talent in this draft with all the arm talent in the world so if he slid into the 15-18 territory I'd be on the damn horn offering 2nd or 3rd Rd pick in combination with the 1st. In other words, offer that team to trade back and get an added top 100 pick.

I highly doubt Lance makes it anywhere close though. As it stands now there are 4-5 teams that would pounce on him around picks 7-15. Too many QB-needy teams. But we need to let the dust from FA settle before we can gauge how realistic that trade up scenario is.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt Lance makes it anywhere close though. As it stands now there are 4-5 teams that would pounce on him around picks 7-15. Too many QB-needy teams. But we need to let the dust from FA settle before we can gauge how realistic that trade up scenario is.

Yeah, I think you'll see Lawrence, Wilson (my favorite in this class), Fields go top 10 with Mac Jones in the 10-15 range. Teams know you can't win without a stud quarterback. That's the single most important piece. I think we will see a lot of trading as teams move up. The Steelers I just can't see moving up that high.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think you'll see Lawrence, Wilson (my favorite in this class), Fields go top 10 with Mac Jones in the 10-15 range. Teams know you can't win without a stud quarterback. That's the single most important piece. I think we will see a lot of trading as teams move up. The Steelers I just can't see moving up that high.
Yep... Wouldn't be surprised if T-Law, Fields & Wilson are top 5. The more Fields & Wilson slides, the better chance Lance will as well.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Wilson slides and Lance skyrockets after the combine & pro-days.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having fun with a Draft Simulator. Did 4 rounds.

Alex Leatherwood at 24. (He's often gone when I do the sim, Either him or Sam Cosmi is available to me.)
I made a trade up to 45 to get Landon Dickerson, giving up my 3rd round pick at 87 with the Jags. Landon never makes it close to 87, and I really want to see him a Steeler.
At 128 Trey Hill is still available. I think he can play and start at OC and OG. He could be a swing guy this season.
At 141 I got Trey McKitty, TE.

Give it a shot!

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... Wouldn't be surprised if T-Law, Fields & Wilson are top 5. The more Fields & Wilson slides, the better chance Lance will as well.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Wilson slides and Lance skyrockets after the combine & pro-days.
If Wilson gets within reach... sell your soul. IMHO. They never will though.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alex Leatherwood at 24. (He's often gone when I do the sim, Either him or Sam Cosmi is available to me.)
I made a trade up to 45 to get Landon Dickerson, giving up my 3rd round pick at 87 with the Jags. Landon never makes it close to 87, and I really want to see him a Steeler.
At 128 Trey Hill is still available. I think he can play and start at OC and OG. He could be a swing guy this season.

Give it a shot!

That would be friggin awesome.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wilson gets within reach... sell your soul. IMHO. They never will though.
Definitely.

Wilson doesn’t strike me as the type that would test out very well in the combine en sech. But then again I haven’t watched very much of him outside of his highlight reels. He has great athleticism on the field but may not translate into a workout warrior on paper.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Give it a shot!

What are your thoughts on Leatherwood? Quite the athletic man for his size. I read that some knocks on him are some scouts think he needs to move inside at the NFL level.