• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit im worried about the future.

cams contract is bigger

Schobert now

Haden wants a new deal i assume it wont be long but not super cheap

juju is up

diontaes rookie will be up next year

minkah is gonna get paid big

tuitts deal is coming up

edmonds is likely gone but hes coming up

Toss in guys like finney, james pierre,sutton, trai turner and chuks that are cheap now and if they work out will require new contracts and more money

i just dont see how we can pay watt all that money and minkah and a few others and build rosters Like we used to. Dont get me wrong those guys deserve to get paid. But teams that generally invest heavily there, never go anywhere… with ben peacing out, unless we hit gold on some cheap lineman and haskins is the guy…we are in trouble imho

Toss in guys like finney, james pierre,sutton, trai turner and chuks that are cheap now and if they work out will require new contracts and more money
Moneyball.

While it would suck to lose (or trade) Watt, it would mean holding on to a lot of talent. If he comes in at what he is worth, it's QB money.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, ALL the ILBs have been struggling in camp.

This might be as much about concerns with Bush coming off the injury, as it is with Spillane, which is really concerning, given the draft capital they've invested in Bush.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moneyball.

While it would suck to lose (or trade) Watt, it would mean holding on to a lot of talent. If he comes in at what he is worth, it's QB moneyu
Yup its a tough one. I know alot of folks always wanna pay those folks. But thats just alot .

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup its a tough one. I know alot of folks always wanna pay those folks. But thats just alot .
His absolute floor would be Fred Warner's new 95 million dollar 5 year deal. Averages 19 million a year.

But you know the target is going to be closer (or exceed) to Khalil Mack's 23.5 million deal.

A team can do a LOT with that money. How much lesser are the Steelers this year with Highsmith and Ingram starting?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit im worried about the future.

cams contract is bigger

Schobert now

Haden wants a new deal i assume it wont be long but not super cheap

juju is up

diontaes rookie will be up next year

minkah is gonna get paid big

tuitts deal is coming up

edmonds is likely gone but hes coming up

i just dont see how we can pay watt all that money and minkah and a few others and build rosters Like we used to. Dont get me wrong those guys deserve to get paid. But teams that generally invest heavily there, never go anywhere… with ben peacing out, unless we hit gold on some cheap lineman and haskins is the guy…we are in trouble imho

We are projected to have the 2nd most cap space in the NFL next year... And then throw in the new TV deal that is set to increase the cap substantially... Dude they are hitting this cap window at the perfect time to get Watt, Minkah and others under contract.

Haden's extension is a tricky one. He should be viewed as in his twilight so a 1-2 year extension would be all that I'd offer. And the days of him $10m per year are probably in the past. At this point I'd offer him something closer to $7-8 per year with bonus incentives if he continues to perform well.

Tuitt... Honestly with his injury history I have to wonder if the team is even interested in paying him again. They might considering Heyward is closing in on retirement. And when he's healthy he is still very productive.

Minkah... Top safety contract is north of $15m per year ($60m overall w/ half that guaranteed).

Also could see Ben walk away taking more money off the books. They should have plenty of money to work with to keep that defense together.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all about letting Tuitt walk when his contract is up, too.

Great player, but often injured. Both DE's are on borrowed time. Hope ScreamingDairy actually translates his good preseason play to starting defenses.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Tuitt has to walk when his contract is up. I am even on the fence about extending Haden, rarely do those 30+ DB contracts work out sort of like a RB over 30.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gangsta, but turner hasnt looked like pro bowl turner, and ingram is what? In rotation. None the less, stellar adds
Miles ahead of where this team was 2 months ago. Considering before these moves DeCastro was looking at starting the year on PUP, and the backup OLBs were Cassius Marsh & Quincy Roche. It was pretty bleak. Doubt any of them are the pro-bowl level they used to be, but they don’t necessarily need to be (aside from Turner). Schobert & Ingram will compliment the defense nicely.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles ahead of where this team was 2 months ago. Considering before these moves DeCastro was looking at starting the year on PUP, and the backup OLBs were Cassius Marsh & Quincy Roche. It was pretty bleak. Doubt any of them are the pro-bowl level they used to be, but they don’t necessarily need to be (aside from Turner). Schobert & Ingram will compliment the defense nicely.
Think they take bush off the field in dime?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they take bush off the field in dime?
No. He’s still the best ILB they have. Maybe they find a way to mix it up with Schobert but I doubt it. Bush will round back into form and be the menace he was prior to injury

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He’s still the best ILB they have. Maybe they find a way to mix it up with Schobert but I doubt it. Bush will round back into form and be the menace he was prior to injury
They were talking about it yesterday or the other night with kaboly. I think kaboly but dont quote me. Said its a real decision, that bush has been struggling and schobert has been one of the best in the league there.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about it yesterday or the other night with kaboly. I think kaboly but dont quote me. Said its a real decision, that bush has been struggling and schobert has been one of the best in the league there.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tides are turning

Seriously there is nothing Rudolph can do better than having Haskins and Dobbs 2nd and 3rd string. I really was hoping Rudolph would prove me wrong but the happy feet in the pocket seems as it will never go away. I hope they cut bait soon on him.