• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno seems silly to let an assett with no Leverage Have his way.

Also dont forget we had a first round grfe on mason rudolph(lies), but we drafted james washington round 2, ahead of mason. Imagine the grade we had on washington
James was rated as a 1³ Naturally.

He does have some leverage though. In that the Steelers might have a very good idea they won't be able to sign him after this season, since he will be a free agent, and getting a pick for him now is better than him walking for nothing.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was me I would focus heavily on Washington the next few weeks (even though we all know he is good) and in the end see if there are takers for Diontae Johnson.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was me I would focus heavily on Washington the next few weeks (even though we all know he is good) and in the end see if there are takers for Diontae Johnson.
Hell no. Diontae is a stud. He had some drops Last year, hes a technician.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James was rated as a 1³ Naturally.

He does have some leverage though. In that the Steelers might have a very good idea they won't be able to sign him after this season, since he will be a free agent, and getting a pick for him now is better than him walking for nothing.
If this is one last hurrah, dont slice your assets for a future 5th which is likely the best they get.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no. Diontae is a stud. He had some drops Last year, hes a technician.
Trust me was thinking more along the lines of who are you going to pay? It seems they are leaning with JuJu and Chase. At some point they won't be able to afford all of them and have a feeling he will be the odd one out. So take feelers on what type of value and not to settle on a late round pick which Washington would get.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me was thinking more along the lines of who are you going to pay? It seems they are leaning with JuJu and Chase. At some point they won't be able to afford all of them and have a feeling he will be the odd one out. So take feelers on what type of value and not to settle on a late round pick which Washington would get.
i disagree, i think they are leaning on diontae and chase......diontae is bens top target. Hes also a totally different style than than the other two. listened to Mark Kaboly talk on this early today. He echoed the same thing I'm saying. He said he can't see them doing this. Turning a strength into a "meh" situation. Also depletes their depth, and they dont wanna trot out ray ray mcloud week 12 as a starter. Said if it gets late in the year, and were not in great shape, then maybe ship him then.

I get your sentiment. Normally on board. But this is a team the organization is going all in on for a last run. Whether we agree or not. I just cant' see them a great depth piece for a 5th before the season even starts

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree, i think they are leaning on diontae and chase......diontae is bens top target. Hes also a totally different style than than the other two. listened to Mark Kaboly talk on this early today. He echoed the same thing I'm saying. He said he can't see them doing this. Turning a strength into a "meh" situation. Also depletes their depth, and they dont wanna trot out ray ray mcloud week 12 as a starter. Said if it gets late in the year, and were not in great shape, then maybe ship him then.

I get your sentiment. Normally on board. But this is a team the organization is going all in on for a last run. Whether we agree or not. I just cant' see them a great depth piece for a 5th before the season even starts
The fun of these chats we don't need to agree. :suds: I would argue though if Diontae continues with the bad drops the meh situation will occur organically.

But I do agree with the bold hence why you throw feelers out there for the real value and not Washington. Washington won't get you any type of return and the only way you trade Diontae is if you were overwhelmed. If not status quo.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally starting to see some good news for Moore. Reps are starting to make a difference.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Lol. I didnt gauge that. Duh
Starting to get a little excited about the OL.

Seeing lots of good things about Chuk's confidence at LT. I think once he & Dotson finally get back to full health its going to be vastly improved on the left side. Turner hasn't been disappointing like early reports indicated when they were practicing in shorts. Only downside to Turner at this point in his career is he doesn't move as well laterally. If they try to pull him in the zone schemes then he may struggle. All we need now is for Kendrick Green to continue to get better. Saw some good things in the HOF game. Hoping that Moore continues to impress as well and pushes Banner.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its happening. Dont wait.:::front row seats available.
Sounds like the Haskins train is slowing down... A lukewarm performance in the HOF game, and now a string of subpar practices where he has been outshined by Dobbs.

Still plenty of time to right the ship, but the inconsistencies were to be expected given his play in WAS.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to get a little excited about the OL.

Seeing lots of good things about Chuk's confidence at LT. I think once he & Dotson finally get back to full health its going to be vastly improved on the left side. Turner hasn't been disappointing like early reports indicated when they were practicing in shorts. Only downside to Turner at this point in his career is he doesn't move as well laterally. If they try to pull him in the zone schemes then he may struggle. All we need now is for Kendrick Green to continue to get better. Saw some good things in the HOF game. Hoping that Moore continues to impress as well and pushes Banner.
Man i hope you're right. Im scared as heck about our o line............just crossing my fingers.
Sounds like the Haskins train is slowing down... A lukewarm performance in the HOF game, and now a string of subpar practices where he has been outshined by Dobbs.

Still plenty of time to right the ship, but the inconsistencies were to be expected given his play in WAS.
Psh well lets be honest. Dobbs is a stud. I said that somewhere recently that I would choose him as the backup. Always thought he should of been the direct back up...think ben likes him more in the 3rd role for his brain.

But the haskins reports are #fakenews nothing more nothing less.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man i hope you're right. Im scared as heck about our o line............just crossing my fingers.

Psh well lets be honest. Dobbs is a stud. I said that somewhere recently that I would choose him as the backup. Always thought he should of been the direct back up...think ben likes him more in the 3rd role for his brain.

But the haskins reports are #fakenews nothing more nothing less.
Everyone should be scared of this OL... Even if the top 5 are healthy they are always going to be 1 injury away from the entire unit derailing. I'm crossing my fingers that Colbert finds a way to reshuffle the depth during roster cuts. Coward has been getting bullied in camp and he's been running with the 1's in place of Dotson. Same things have been said about Joel Haeg. Glad to see Moore coming on strong though so that gives me some hope for the OT depth. But I haven't seen anything good about the IOL depth: JCH, Finney, Coward, & Walton.

Dobbs... Always been a fan. And yes, Ben does like him as a support system during games. He has accredited Dobbs numerous times over previous years for TDs that he helped draw up on the sidelines based on what he was seeing. You never hear about Rudolph doing anything like that. Dobbs is a team guy, and if Haskins isn't blowing us away then we should all be rooting for Dobbs to make it as QB3 over him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of camp tid-bits I picked up from various tweet today:

• OT... Chuks finally in full time periods this week. Looking good & fluid at LT. Losing some battles to Highsmith though, but that has more to do with just how good of a camp that Highsmith is having. Chuks is probably a little rusty given the injury & the move to the left side. Dan Moore Jr finally making a good case for himself.
  • ILB... Buddy Johnson seems to be making a case for the primary backup ILB. UG3 & Allen still in the mix, but Buddy has been showing up big in practices.
  • CB... Pierre & Gilbert are looking great.
  • QB3... Dobbs continues to look better than Haskins.
  • RB... Theme of the entire camp has been Najee Harris making something out of nothing. Dude is constantly creating yards where none are to be had. He is so consistent that way that its baffling. Saw a tweet that he bulldozed Melvin Ingram into the endzone for a TD, reminiscent of Bettis-Urlacher.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone should be scared of this OL... Even if the top 5 are healthy they are always going to be 1 injury away from the entire unit derailing. I'm crossing my fingers that Colbert finds a way to reshuffle the depth during roster cuts. Coward has been getting bullied in camp and he's been running with the 1's in place of Dotson. Same things have been said about Joel Haeg. Glad to see Moore coming on strong though so that gives me some hope for the OT depth. But I haven't seen anything good about the IOL depth: JCH, Finney, Coward, & Walton.

Dobbs... Always been a fan. And yes, Ben does like him as a support system during games. He has accredited Dobbs numerous times over previous years for TDs that he helped draw up on the sidelines based on what he was seeing. You never hear about Rudolph doing anything like that. Dobbs is a team guy, and if Haskins isn't blowing us away then we should all be rooting for Dobbs to make it as QB3 over him.
honestly. If haskins needs to develop but they see something.

Ben qb1
dobbs qb 2 im such a huge fan of him at qb2
Haskins qb3

Mason peace out or PS

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly. If haskins needs to develop but they see something.

Ben qb1
dobbs qb 2 im such a huge fan of him at qb2
Haskins qb3

Mason peace out or PS
I’m that scenario I would just trade Mason for a 5th or 6th lol. Try to get something.