• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with it in the 2nd.

And I am fine with it if they trade down to a late first, first.

If they take one at 24, I am disappointed.
steve bannon stephen GIF

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with it in the 2nd.

And I am fine with it if they trade down to a late first, first.

If they take one at 24, I am disappointed.
I don't think the value will be there in the second unless Williams falls (and I don't think he will). If they are taking RB before the third they probably need to do it in the first.

Ideally, I'd like to see them trade back in the first or move up in the second and nab Williams. That's too perfect though so it won't happen. I really think they have their sights set on Harris or ETN.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly wasn't expecting that after the rumors from his previous short term extension. With his son Dino entering his redshirt year last season at Maryland I thought Tomlin was eyeing year to year contracts so that he could give himself an exit plan if he wanted to step away & be more involved with supporting his family. I vaguely recall him being quoted giving evidence to support this. Now its lookin more like Tomlin has no intention of stepping away.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly wasn't expecting that after the rumors from his previous short term extension. With his son Dino entering his redshirt year last season at Maryland I thought Tomlin was eyeing year to year contracts so that he could give himself an exit plan if he wanted to step away & be more involved with supporting his family. I vaguely recall him being quoted giving evidence to support this. Now its lookin more like Tomlin has no intention of stepping away.
Good. Im quite pleased.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Im quite pleased.
Had a good laugh lookin at our responses to the extension he signed in the 2019 offseason... Obviously we weren't as thrilled back then

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a good laugh lookin at our responses to the extension he signed in the 2019 offseason... Obviously we weren't as thrilled back then
Was i angry? Because i think ive mostly been team tomlin

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your children will live and die knowing nothing but Mike Tomlin as the HC.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your children will live and die knowing nothing but Mike Tomlin as the HC.
Could certainly be a lot worse. Like, your children living through double-digit coaches in Cleveland & not even remembering half of them.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could certainly be a lot worse. Like, your children living through double-digit coaches in Cleveland & not even remembering half of them.
Absolutely. Most fans would kill for the Steelers record and stability.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like you were fairly neutral. Sayin you agreed he was overrated but there weren't many coaches that were better.

Absolutely. Most fans would kill for the Steelers record and stability.
Thats what i always come back to.

i hear, we dont do just winning seasons hear its superbowls etc etc...

really? Noll won 4, cowher 1, tomlin 1.... its not a yearly thing.

yes id like to get to the title games more, anyone would.

but again. List the top coaches....then put tomlins resume up against theirs. Hes most likely better. But then folks say well he cant adjust or do this or that, the other guys have warts too, they just arent your coach...

Petes sake how often can payton lose at home as a favorite.

kyle shanahan, harbaugh, payton, carrol all routinely thought to be better coaches, why?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kyle shanahan, harbaugh, payton, carrol all routinely thought to be better coaches, why?
I think it has more to do with in-game situational coaching. Of which Tomlin is pretty poor at.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has more to do with in-game situational coaching. Of which Tomlin is pretty poor at.
Right, but you dont think the other have warts? Tomlins just been carried by

-Cowhers team(that cowher couldn't win with)
-ben
-troy
-the d
-coordinators
-luck
Etc

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but you dont think the other have warts?
Everyone does. Even the man up on the pedestal over in NE does. But their consistency for situational coaching gives them the appearance of a better coach even if they don't win as much.

Tomlin does lots more than we know on the sidelines when coordinating a game. I wish he was a little less involved in those areas, because it typically comes at a cost of making himself look stupid in situational football... Like not calling a timeout to save himself 30-50s (or taking a knee with as much time left), failing to throw a challenge at the appropriate time, etc. He gets too wrapped up in coordinating the schemes they worked on in practice that he fails to make adjustments on the fly & stubbornly sticks to his scheming. He is routinely outcoached in the 1st half, and that is no secret.

I'm not a Tomlin hater anymore, but I'm just not a fanatic. I do appreciate winning football & his ability to navigate a team through adversity, but the end results over the last decade makes me a skeptic. I'm happy they extended him and hopeful that he can bridge the coming years during a rebuild. We're definitely approaching uncharted waters for Tomlin, so it will be interesting to see how he handles it. I'm sure it will have decent results, but filled with plenty of frustration lol.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I am glad they extended him. A new coach couldn’t change a thing with the core basically the same. With that said I know I am eating crow after the 2019 extension.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I am glad they extended him. A new coach couldn’t change a thing with the core basically the same. With that said I know I am eating crow after the 2019 extension.
Well after seein that man squander one of the most prolific offenses in Steelers history with nothing more than a divisional round appearance to show for it... He hadn't earned it. I think most of us were just hopeful that they would let him coach out his final year under contract BEFORE giving him another contract. Make him prove it.

But credit to Rooney fam. They rightly gave the man the faith & confidence that he deserved and he rewarded them with his best coaching season to date. And now they are undergoing a rebuild of sorts and I'm happy that he will be around for it. I wouldn't have felt as confident had he wanted to step away when Ben does.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a feeling this will press them to take a RB at 24:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a feeling this will press them to take a RB at 24:
Wait, the Bills? Didn't they just take Zack Moss last year? And they have SIngletary & Breida... I call bullshit