• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers Extend Mike Tomlin Through 2021

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking they give him a one year extension so he can concentrate on coaching the team, without his contract being a distraction. One year extension means to me, make or break it, otherwise he would gotten a longer faith based contract

If '19 was his season, that makes more sense if you don't won't a lameduck HC situation....they just tacked on the '21 season.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What a joke. Overrated. Maybe they figured they would give him 3 more years to actually win a challenge.

All that talent on offense the last several years and this defensive genius couldn't do crap with it.

I can't wait until he is gone. He was always going to leave once Ben retired because he would be exposed for the overrated bum that he is.

Let me take a quick look at the schedule to determine which garbage team he will lose to this year and then listen to his horseshit cliches.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man , be careful what everyone wishes for............im not a huge supporter, but be careful

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

You gotta be fu-....

Godfuckingdamnit, Art Rooney. At least make him earn it through this season

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha another uneducated comment from you.

SO tomlin won with cowhers players? but cowher could win with cowhers players? hmmmm

A real solid core of guys that were drafted or brought on board by Cowher were still on the Tolmin 2009 team that won their last SB. Many long term iconic Steelers.

16 Charlie Batch
7 Ben Roethlisberger
39 Willie Parker
38 Carey Davis RB
10 Santonio Holmes PR/KR
86 Hines Ward
83 Heath Miller
74 Willie Colon G
79 Trai Essex T
78 Max Starks T
98 Casey Hampton NT
76 Chris Hoke NT
99 Brett Keisel DE
90 Travis Kirschke DL
91 Aaron Smith DE
51 James Farrior ILB
92 James Harrison OLB
23 Tyrone Carter S
25 Ryan Clark FS
37 Anthony Madison CB
43 Troy Polamalu SS
24 Ike Taylor CB/KR
26 Deshea Townsend CB
3 Jeff Reed K

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A real solid core of guys that were drafted or brought on board by Cowher were still on the Tolmin 2009 team that won their last SB. Many long term iconic Steelers.

16 Charlie Batch
7 Ben Roethlisberger
39 Willie Parker
38 Carey Davis RB
10 Santonio Holmes PR/KR
86 Hines Ward
83 Heath Miller
74 Willie Colon G
79 Trai Essex T
78 Max Starks T
98 Casey Hampton NT
76 Chris Hoke NT
99 Brett Keisel DE
90 Travis Kirschke DL
91 Aaron Smith DE
51 James Farrior ILB
92 James Harrison OLB
23 Tyrone Carter S
25 Ryan Clark FS
37 Anthony Madison CB
43 Troy Polamalu SS
24 Ike Taylor CB/KR
26 Deshea Townsend CB
3 Jeff Reed K
Right but why didn’t cowher win with them? Since that’s what tomlin did, win with cowherds guys........ seems he did what bill couldn’t do

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but why didn’t cowher win with them? Since that’s what tomlin did, win with cowherds guys........ seems he did what bill couldn’t do

Uhm...what the fuck am I missing...did the Steelers NOT win the Super Bowl in 2006?
Wasn't that the year the Seahawks had to beat the Steelers and the refs and couldn't, even though Matt Hasselback boldly pronounced they would as they entered OT...???

No??

Was I having a dream and the Patriots won it all again and I fuckin missed it???

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhm...what the fuck am I missing...did the Steelers NOT win the Super Bowl in 2006?
Wasn't that the year the Seahawks had to beat the Steelers and the refs and couldn't, even though Matt Hasselback boldly pronounced they would as they entered OT...???

No??

Was I having a dream and the Patriots won it all again and I fuckin missed it???
Did they go back to back to back? Must of missed tht. Also the riser was exactly the same. Have a good day.

Let’s see here so in 2007 AND 2008 cowher lost with that team

But tomlin won. I see it. It’s listed there. Tomlin did what cowher couldn’t, with cowhers guys.

List of Super Bowl Winners

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the idea of giving Tomlin extensions just because that's how it's always done but I think linking him and Ben like that is the right move. They're sending a message that he still has to earn his spot post-Ben and I highly doubt Ben would want to spend his last year or two with a new head coach (especially one who may be younger than him).

Them being able to start completely fresh in a few years is probably better than being in a possible situation where they're stuck between a guy that Ben wants vs. the guy who is best for the team's future after him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ughhhh.... looks like i’ll be drinking a little harder this weekend.

Could be worse though. Was just hoping for him to earn the extension this year.

So I guess I can look forward to the zone defense in the Patriots Steelers game?????

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since '10...the talent has not been nearly as good and while the rebuild was full bore, he's had an 11 win, a 12 win, and a 13 win season...what has been his failing of late is playoff success, namely getting over the Belichick hurdle.

The Belichick hurdle?

Tomlin has lost to Belichick only once in the post season. His other post season losses include games where his defense was destroyed by offenses that had Tim Tebow and Blake Bortles at QB.

Tomlin established himself in the league as a secondary coach, yet the secondary play has been a joke since Troy Polamalu and Ike Taylor (both drafted and developed under Bill Cowher) declined and eventually retired.

Tomlin is supposedly this great leader, yet his teams constantly underachieve and play down to the competition.

He's never had a losing season? So fucking what? A coach better not have a losing season with the players he has had.

I was holding out hope that after another disappointing season, which IS going to happen, this clown would be gone and the Steelers would have a real shot of getting back to the Superbowl before Roethlisberger retires, but we can forget about that.

At least Rooney has maintained his precious stability and can continue to boast about "having only three coaches since the 1960s" for three more years

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Belichick hurdle?

Tomlin has lost to Belichick only once in the post season. His other post season losses include games where his defense was destroyed by offenses that had Tim Tebow and Blake Bortles at QB.

Tomlin established himself in the league as a secondary coach, yet the secondary play has been a joke since Troy Polamalu and Ike Taylor (both drafted and developed under Bill Cowher) declined and eventually retired.

Tomlin is supposedly this great leader, yet his teams constantly underachieve and play down to the competition.

He's never had a losing season? So fucking what? A coach better not have a losing season with the players he has had.

I was holding out hope that after another disappointing season, which IS going to happen, this clown would be gone and the Steelers would have a real shot of getting back to the Superbowl before Roethlisberger retires, but we can forget about that.

At least Rooney has maintained his precious stability and can continue to boast about "having only three coaches since the 1960s" for three more years
players hes had? lmao. Again, im not a huge supporter, but steelers fans need to wake up. Harbaugh is considered a great coach. Hes missed the playoffs 4 of 6 years, and a GREAT , one of the best game managers(tomlins bugaboo)..........

andy reids a top 4 coach, but cant win a playoff game........

i dont think anyone has taken the blinders off...........hes not perfect, hes not amazing...........but hes better than most

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
players hes had? lmao. Again, im not a huge supporter, but steelers fans need to wake up. Harbaugh is considered a great coach. Hes missed the playoffs 4 of 6 years, and a GREAT , one of the best game managers(tomlins bugaboo)..........

andy reids a top 4 coach, but cant win a playoff game........

i dont think anyone has taken the blinders off...........hes not perfect, hes not amazing...........but hes better than most

Harbaugh would never miss the playoffs if he had Roethlisberger. Hell, he made it last season with a freaking wishbone QB.

Last season, the Steelers failed to make the playoffs after a 7-2-1 start. That is reflective of incompetent coaching. Plain and simple.

Tomlin is not a good coach. His leadership sucks, and despite establishing himself in the league as a secondary coach, the Steelers' pass coverages sucks year after year.

The guy offers nothing and has been carried by Roethlisberger during his entire tenure.