• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree on the there is no plan. I think its gonna be a few thing. They may even bring back for another year after this. But they think that going into next year with, actually less than last year talent wise , most likely....that hopefully things work out slightly better......wishful thinking most likely, we'll see.

In the interim, lets see what mason does again in camp and practice. From some of the beat writers I keep listening too, especially bouchette, it seems there may be a growing sentiment they know mason isn't it. They also really wanna see if they can get lucky with haskins, which, heck maybe they can. If they do, both would be cheap for another contract. Thats plan 1. Otherwise, reset, FA vs draft, figure it out next year.......I think they have more interest in seeing what haskins can do if he keeps his head on straight, than they do in mason.
Is Haskins what you’re opinion was?

I just don’t see it happening with him. If he does work out then honestly I’d put more stock into Matt Canada being a genius than Haskins simply turning things around. I don’t think I was ever impressed with him at OSU.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Haskins what you’re opinion was?

I just don’t see it happening with him. If he does work out then honestly I’d put more stock into Matt Canada being a genius than Haskins simply turning things around. I don’t think I was ever impressed with him at OSU.
I think my opinion is....they dont have a plan theyre hoping to get lucky and mason or haskins comes on....bouchette has had some really good insight lately. I really get the impression they know Mason isnt it. They wanna see if haskins gets his head on straight if his pedigree comes out.

but they basically are just praying in regards to the roster this year and the qb moving forward

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my opinion is....they dont have a plan theyre hoping to get lucky and mason or haskins comes on....bouchette has had some really good insight lately. I really get the impression they know Mason isnt it. They wanna see if haskins gets his head on straight if his pedigree comes out.

but they basically are just praying in regards to the roster this year and the qb moving forward
Agreed. My inner optimist wants to think that maybe Mason was being held back by Sphincter, but thats really hard to convince yourself of. He may have the arm talent to compete at this level, but he has the backbone of a fawn. They tried to spoon feed him to give him some confidence but it didn't work. I would be very happy if they have no intention of handing the keys to Mason once Ben retires. I'd rather see them throw money at a FA to bridge the gap.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. My inner optimist wants to think that maybe Mason was being held back by Sphincter, but thats really hard to convince yourself of. He may have the arm talent to compete at this level, but he has the backbone of a fawn. They tried to spoon feed him to give him some confidence but it didn't work. I would be very happy if they have no intention of handing the keys to Mason once Ben retires. I'd rather see them throw money at a FA to bridge the gap.
Yep totally agree. I was still hoping for jameis. But thats sailed

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep totally agree. I was still hoping for jameis. But thats sailed
Well they may have another shot at Jameis next offseason. But the FA list is pretty damn thin otherwise next year, which sucks ass for the timing of the transition for the Steelers. Options are going to be limited to using their capital, whether that be trading personnel or draft picks for someone rostered or to move up in the draft.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they may have another shot at Jameis next offseason. But the FA list is pretty damn thin otherwise next year, which sucks ass for the timing of the transition for the Steelers. Options are going to be limited to using their capital, whether that be trading personnel or draft picks for someone rostered or to move up in the draft.

Hey, i heard jimmy g is available

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reclamation project like any other.
hard pass, when forced to throw past the line of scrimmage he struggles. Most of his yards are screens and dumps , at or behind the line. Then let those guys go to work.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard pass, when forced to throw past the line of scrimmage he struggles. Most of his yards are screens and dumps , at or behind the line. Then let those guys go to work.
Sounds a lot like Mason.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See... all I keep hearing is that the short passing game is Ben's fault.

1. We don't run because Ben doesn't want to. He won't let the team run and will only pass.
2. They are all short passes because Ben doesn't want to get hit. He's getting rid of the ball too early.

But we saw the same thing with the reindeer and the duck. 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh is a fucking joke.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. We don't run because Ben doesn't want to. He won't let the team run and will only pass.
2. They are all short passes because Ben doesn't want to get hit. He's getting rid of the ball too early.

But we saw the same thing with the reindeer and the duck. 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh is a fucking joke.
Theyre terrible.i like some of the guys shows but the analysis is awful.
Zeiss just laces political crap and tries to be a polarizing figure. I cant listen to him out of ten words 4-5 are “um” “ok” or “you know” listen next next, horrid. I pointed it to my dad and once he realized it he had to turn it off.

anyone find any pittsburgh guys who are actually good at draft analysis. Ive seen some guys that break down film extensively and Come up with just weird conclusions.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure let’s just ignore the fact that everyone & their dog knew the O-line was shit.

That’s an awful take, even for them lol

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure let’s just ignore the fact that everyone & their dog knew the O-line was shit.

That’s an awful take, even for them lol
And they aren't letting it go. I think it's been implied/discussed every single day for the past month. I know that Browns fan Meowler hates Ben for some reason but it's not just him. It's Dunlap and Poni too. Spotify it is.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Glad he went somewhere, just not back here.

Hope he got a lot of money.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was right. Just gonna say it because no one else will.

Guy couldn't stay healthy. Glad he found a team but not sad for the loss.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you were right. You always are. Now why are we gonna do about these diva wide receivers.

admit ive come around on k. Gainwell though big time. All the more reason that we can get a good back non round 1

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He couldn't stay healthy. And that is the reason he is gone. I hope he can overcome that going forward.

But he wasn't the reason the run game sucked, at least not when he was healthy and on the field.

That falls on Ben and Randy and the Offensive strategy not stretching the field vertically.

That falls on a godawful OL that could pass block, but couldn't run block to gain half a yard when it really needed it. 3 of the worst offenders for that are gone. And Banner replacing Chuk is hopefully an improvement, too. OC and LT decisions are going to make or break this team.

A bell cow RB will help, but the two points above need to be fixed to give that RB any chance at all.