• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Offseason... FA, Draft, Staff, Camps, Etc

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fautanu flagged for knee injury. Combine that with his age and its almost guaranteed that he'll fall.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man tho... I really like his game. Dude is a monster.
Same here. I don't care about his age. Kid's film is great.

Some think he's undersized for a OT in the NFL too.

If it causes him to tumble down to 20 then I'd take him. He's a more polished product than Mims. And I'm sure the Steelers would have done their homework on his knee.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mock draft everyone *should* have been waiting for... from Alex Kozora

Kozora: Pittsburgh Steelers 2024 Mock Draft (Final Version)

TLDR
1. Graham Barton, C - DUKE
2. Ricky Pearsall, WR - FLORIDA
3. Blake Fisher, OT - NOTRE DAME
3. Cedric Gray, ILB - NORTH CAROLINA
4. Elijah Jones, CB - BOSTON COLLEGE
6. Logan Dee, DL - IOWA
6. Mark Perry, S - TCU

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all respect to Kozora, I'm not a big fan of going ILB in Rd 3 when CB or DL has way better value there. I understand the mock strategy though. He's amazing at following those bread crumb trails that make a ton of sense.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Blake Fisher a lot. That might be the right way to get the Tackle.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher & Patrick Paul... Good options
Fisher was the starting LT for Notre Dame. Then he got injured and they put Alt in his place.

Rather than juggle the line again, they just put Fisher in at RT when he got healthy.

And Fisher won't cost a top-5 pick. Alt, will never live up to his drafted position.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 Scenarios I ran from PFN, purposefully hitting OT, OC, WR, and CB in different positions.
4 normal, 1 with trades.

Amarius Mims
Xavier Legette
Renardo Green
Hunter Nourzad

Cooper DeJean
Zach Frazier
Malachi Corley
Christian Jones

Brian Thomas Jr
Patrick Paul
Sedrick Van Pran
Kris Abrams-Draine

Graham Barton
Troy Franklin
Mike Sainristil
Blake Fisher

Traded down with Dallas at 20. They took JC Latham
Traded up with Houston. Gave Pick 42 for Pick 51, 98 and 178.

1.24- Cooper DeJean
2.42- Zach Frazier
3.84- Devontez Walker
3.87- Blake Fisher

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 Scenarios I ran from PFN, purposefully hitting OT, OC, WR, and CB in different positions.
4 normal, 1 with trades.

Amarius Mims
Xavier Legette
Renardo Green
Hunter Nourzad

Cooper DeJean
Zach Frazier
Malachi Corley
Christian Jones

Brian Thomas Jr
Patrick Paul
Sedrick Van Pran
Kris Abrams-Draine

Graham Barton
Troy Franklin
Mike Sainristil
Blake Fisher

Traded down with Dallas at 20. They took JC Latham
Traded up with Houston. Gave Pick 42 for Pick 51, 98 and 178.

1.24- Cooper DeJean
2.42- Zach Frazier
3.84- Devontez Walker
3.87- Blake Fisher
Great work. I'd be happy with any of those scenarios. All safe picks with sound judgement. That said, I expect the Steelers to do something weird somewhere along the way.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still keep wrestling around in my head over who I think is the best C to take in Rd 1. Honestly would be happy with any of the top 3, but my heart still sways towards JPJ or Frazier. Barton's athleticism is by far the best out of the group, but I always feel apprehensive about going overboard with ranking someone higher than a proven product at the position. Not that Barton isn't proven, but he hasn't played Center since he was a freshman.

JPJ... Not sure why his stock has fallen, nor do I believe it actually has. Dude has libraries of film to prove he can do everything you think Barton's athleticism gives you. Analysts will tell you he has athletic limitations, but its BS. IMO this is the safest pick at the position.

Barton... Finally healthy and tested off the charts for his size. Unbelievably athletic for a man that big. He's on the tall end for a C, which is why some scouts believe he's better fit at Guard. He played well at C as a freshman, but hasn't played since. His athleticism & versatility has everyone head over heels. Even if he doesn't pan out as a C, he can easily be a G. High floor.

Frazier... Violent bull dog of a C. Wants to assert his will on every snap. Plenty to like about his film. Sound technique in every run design. He wasn't as heralded in the early portion of the offseason rankings due to his season ending injury. Even sat out of the senior bowl contest due to the injury. But he generated plenty of buzz after proving he was healthy at the combine.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grain of salt. Schefter is often wrong.

That said, it should be a no brainer. He hasn't proven to be worth the $25m yet. Since Wilson is starting, he won't have that opportunity either. Bad business decision to sign up for that amount when you won't even know if he's worth it. And this doesn't mean his future is over here... They can still extend his contract for cheaper than what the 5th yr option is worth. This was likely the plan from the beginning when they signed him

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting rumor. Seems like misdirection to me. But Omar is likely just doing his homework like any good GM would. Just calling around and inquiring everyone's asking price to get the landscape mapped out.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grain of salt. Schefter is often wrong.

That said, it should be a no brainer. He hasn't proven to be worth the $25m yet. Since Wilson is starting, he won't have that opportunity either. Bad business decision to sign up for that amount when you won't even know if he's worth it. And this doesn't mean his future is over here... They can still extend his contract for cheaper than what the 5th yr option is worth. This was likely the plan from the beginning when they signed him

Seems official and why would they? It would have been an awful move.

For anyone to think it is one and done I doubt it. The team just wants to negotiate a proper deal next offseason.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of space. And they already were in a good spot with the cap. That's a big signing space.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still keep wrestling around in my head over who I think is the best C to take in Rd 1. Honestly would be happy with any of the top 3, but my heart still sways towards JPJ or Frazier. Barton's athleticism is by far the best out of the group, but I always feel apprehensive about going overboard with ranking someone higher than a proven product at the position. Not that Barton isn't proven, but he hasn't played Center since he was a freshman.

JPJ... Not sure why his stock has fallen, nor do I believe it actually has. Dude has libraries of film to prove he can do everything you think Barton's athleticism gives you. Analysts will tell you he has athletic limitations, but its BS. IMO this is the safest pick at the position.

Barton... Finally healthy and tested off the charts for his size. Unbelievably athletic for a man that big. He's on the tall end for a C, which is why some scouts believe he's better fit at Guard. He played well at C as a freshman, but hasn't played since. His athleticism & versatility has everyone head over heels. Even if he doesn't pan out as a C, he can easily be a G. High floor.

Frazier... Violent bull dog of a C. Wants to assert his will on every snap. Plenty to like about his film. Sound technique in every run design. He wasn't as heralded in the early portion of the offseason rankings due to his season ending injury. Even sat out of the senior bowl contest due to the injury. But he generated plenty of buzz after proving he was healthy at the combine.
My problem is JPJ seems VERY concussion-prone.

I'm good with Barton making the move and unconcerned about his height. Pouncey was a taller center. Really not crazy about taking a center in the first though. Not sure any of these guys would have went in the first last year. Linderbaum was a better prospect last year and went 25. These guys all seem like they are pick 33-50 range type guys honestly.