• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Rosterbation

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves are probably out of it with Hamels on board.

Of that group, wouldn't mind the Twins, Sox or Reds.

I think we can safely expect that Bum won't return. I just don't see Zaidi giving out big money to pitchers.
And Zaidi is clearly cleaning house, nothing left of the champion years except Posey. I guess that's the right call, it's his team now.

Still don't see why one year more of very popular Pillar wouldn't make sense, to be a veteran steady presence (played 161 games last year). Not like we are going to the playoffs next year.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Zaidi is clearly cleaning house, nothing left of the champion years except Posey. I guess that's the right call, it's his team now.

Still don't see why one year more of very popular Pillar wouldn't make sense, to be a veteran steady presence (played 161 games last year). Not like we are going to the playoffs next year.

I agree on Pillar, but perhaps Pillar wouldn't sign for just one year? Idunno. :noidea:

As to Bum, I cannot see him going to the AL. He loves to hit, and unless he is also a DH (which might be kind of cool), I just don't see the AL being a destination for him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Farhan knows the DH is coming
giphy.gif

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Belt and Craw are crying in the corner, dontchaknow...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Pillar, but perhaps Pillar wouldn't sign for just one year? Idunno. :noidea:

As to Bum, I cannot see him going to the AL. He loves to hit, and unless he is also a DH (which might be kind of cool), I just don't see the AL being a destination for him.

Pillar would have no choice really there. If the Giants tendered him, even if they couldn't agree on a contract (no matter the length), they would go to arbitration and the judge would pick his 1-year salary or the team's 1-year salary.

Bum will follow the money, especially since he gave the Giants a great deal 7 years ago.

If the money is equal-ish, I agree he'd pick the NL so he could hit.

But the DH is coming to the NL sooo :dhd:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pillar would have no choice really there. If the Giants tendered him, even if they couldn't agree on a contract (no matter the length), they would go to arbitration and the judge would pick his 1-year salary or the team's 1-year salary.

Bum will follow the money, especially since he gave the Giants a great deal 7 years ago.

If the money is equal-ish, I agree he'd pick the NL so he could hit.

But the DH is coming to the NL sooo :dhd:
tenor.gif

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants can trade Belt, big IF...I’d be ok with Castellanos. I’m guessing if Duggar wins CF and Yaz takes right, he could be “passable” (maybe need another modifying word?) in LF too. At least he could be a potential long term fixture.

At this point, they’re probably not going to, but I’d be ok with them signing a Brock Holt type as a SU guy who could provide some leadership (seems like a good clubhouse guy). Maybe take a low risk/mid return flyer on someone like Jordan Lyles? He’s seemed to always pitch in band boxes.

Probably not going to be a fun year.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves are probably out of it with Hamels on board.

Of that group, wouldn't mind the Twins, Sox or Reds.

I think we can safely expect that Bum won't return. I just don't see Zaidi giving out big money to pitchers.
I’d love for Bum to come back, but that isn’t happening. I am holding out hope that he goes to ATL. Great young team that needs a PO beast. Would be great to see him get more chances to win.

I agree with whoever (Stokes, LHG?) said he’ll most likely stay in the NL. Dude loves to hit too much.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, only 9 of THOSE guys (player-wise)

Posey
Sandoval
Timmeh
Cain
Bum
Casilla
Lopez
Affeldt
Romo

No kidding. I had Tshirts made just listing the Nine, in orange letters on a black shirt, with & after each last name.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d love for Bum to come back, but that isn’t happening. I am holding out hope that he goes to ATL. Great young team that needs a PO beast. Would be great to see him get more chances to win.

I agree with whoever (Stokes, LHG?) said he’ll most likely stay in the NL. Dude loves to hit too much.
I think that was Stokes or SFGTRB.

Cardinals are now also rumored to be in on pursuit of him. I think about 10 different teams have been linked to him on some level.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concerning: the Bumgarner contract. I was shocked to read this at www.mlbtraderumors.com :

It seems unlikely that the bidding for Bumgarner will escalate to the same heights as the Wheeler market, although USA Today’s Bob Nightengale tweeted earlier that the Braves jumped on Hamels in part due to concerns that Bumgarner’s price could approach $100MM.

WTF are they smoking over there? Why would MadBum not get more than Wheeler?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox pitching was so horrid last season. I wonder why they would sign the person responsible for that disaster show. Every day on the news it was the red sox have no bull pen. They make stupid pitching moves through out the game and now we are going to be living with that disaster.

So far Farhan has been a complete waste of money and resources. I wish we never got him. I still think he is a plant from the Dodgers to ruin the organization and he is doing that perfectly. I can't really think of one thing he has done even mediocre.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concerning: the Bumgarner contract. I was shocked to read this at www.mlbtraderumors.com :

It seems unlikely that the bidding for Bumgarner will escalate to the same heights as the Wheeler market, although USA Today’s Bob Nightengale tweeted earlier that the Braves jumped on Hamels in part due to concerns that Bumgarner’s price could approach $100MM.

WTF are they smoking over there? Why would MadBum not get more than Wheeler?
The feeling that I get about Wheeler vs Bumgarner is that Wheeler still has potential not fully realized and teams are willing to pay for that while Bumgarner fully tapped his potential and is going downhill from his injuries and thus is more of a risk. Personally, I think that Wheeler is the bigger injury risk.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox pitching was so horrid last season. I wonder why they would sign the person responsible for that disaster show. Every day on the news it was the red sox have no bull pen. They make stupid pitching moves through out the game and now we are going to be living with that disaster.

So far Farhan has been a complete waste of money and resources. I wish we never got him. I still think he is a plant from the Dodgers to ruin the organization and he is doing that perfectly. I can't really think of one thing he has done even mediocre.
He got Alex Dickerson and gambled correctly that he would hit when healthy. He somehow milked a career season out of Donovan Solano.
The dude has a "grab everything . . . and the kitchen sink" mentality. When an FO does that, there are bound to be some successes. We'll see how year 2 shakes out for him. The jury is still out for me. I can see potential for him to be awful but he could also successfully rebuild this club to a contender again.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got Alex Dickerson and gambled correctly that he would hit when healthy. He somehow milked a career season out of Donovan Solano.
The dude has a "grab everything . . . and the kitchen sink" mentality. When an FO does that, there are bound to be some successes. We'll see how year 2 shakes out for him. The jury is still out for me. I can see potential for him to be awful but he could also successfully rebuild this club to a contender again.

IMO you can't really blame Farhan for last year at all. It still stank of the old FO's hot mess, but he couldn't completely overhaul the team with Boch still around.

Last year was year 0. This year year 1. He deserves a bit of leeway.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants new hitting coach is 33 years old.

Another local kid. Zaidi really wasn't kidding when he said he was going after guys with Bay Area roots. It's shown in the people he's hiring and even the guys he drafted so far.

I thought this thread was enlightening:

And this:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants new hitting coach is 33 years old.

Another local kid. Zaidi really wasn't kidding when he said he was going after guys with Bay Area roots. It's shown in the people he's hiring and even the guys he drafted so far.

I thought this thread was enlightening:

And this:

Hopefully, the vets listen too and get back some of their old abilities.