• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Rosterbation

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to get the prospects they'd have to give up. Just like the Cozart deal.
Fair enough but I would think the Red Sox could give him to a playoff team without having to give up much.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to get the prospects they'd have to give up. Just like the Cozart deal.

Fair enough but I would think the Red Sox could give him to a playoff team without having to give up much.

I don't see how a Betts trade means the Red Sox also giving up prospects. The dude is arb eligible, which means its not going to be prohibitively high. Teams are going to want to have him. The demand won't mean prospects from the Red Sox, in my opinion.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how a Betts trade means the Red Sox also giving up prospects. The dude is arb eligible, which means its not going to be prohibitively high. Teams are going to want to have him. The demand won't mean prospects from the Red Sox, in my opinion.
Yeah Cozart and Betts are two different things

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Red Sox do trade Betts, they will trade nothing else (unless they want to increase the haul coming back) and they will receive prospects in return. Dude is close to 1K OPS.....he’s not a salary dump.

in fact, if I had to hazard a guess, for Betts alone, the Giants would have to trade something close to two of their 3-7th level prospects.

Price is the guy they’d have to sweeten the pot for. Just my humble opinion. You don’t salary dump a top 10 player in baseball.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Red Sox do trade Betts, they will trade nothing else (unless they want to increase the haul coming back) and they will receive prospects in return. Dude is close to 1K OPS.....he’s not a salary dump.

in fact, if I had to hazard a guess, for Betts alone, the Giants would have to trade something close to two of their 3-7th level prospects.

Price is the guy they’d have to sweeten the pot for. Just my humble opinion. You don’t salary dump a top 10 player in baseball.
That's what I meant, not sure why Betts was mentioned

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will say that Betts is a salary dump, in that the Red Sox are looking at getting below the luxury tax threshold and Betts will be making more money in 2020. However, the reason for him to be traded in the midst of this is that they could get something sizable back, knowing that their current "situation" dictates that they won't be able to extend him or sign him next offseason. They get cheaper now (but will still have to get rid of Price) by trading him and don't have to entice another team with a prospect or two in the process.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else surprised at how quiet the FO has been on waiver wire pickups, compared to last offseason?