• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Hawks Offseason Thread:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still for signing him for the right cost. I don't get upset with players looking for the big payday, it's a business and making what you can, while you can is OK. That's not to say I want the team to simply give players what the players think they are worth. Far from that, just leave the emotions out and do what best for the team/ roster.

Yep... But how does sitting out an entire year benefit him ? Seems like a crazy decision if he does that .... Even if he only made 10 million this year, he can just hit the free agent market next year, and it’s possible Covid is looking better by then...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... But how does sitting out an entire year benefit him ? Seems like a crazy decision if he does that .... Even if he only made 10 million this year, he can just hit the free agent market next year, and it’s possible Covid is looking better by then...

Oh I actually agree, but he has to come to that realization himself. Thus far he thinks if he stands firm someone will give him what he wants.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I actually agree, but he has to come to that realization himself. Thus far he thinks if he stands firm someone will give him what he wants.

Probably getting bad advise from Lev Bell

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like ET is done in B-more after getting in a fight with a teammate. We have a pretty stacked secondary, but do you think we see about a reunion? I am thinking he may get his chance to play in Dallas...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like ET is done in B-more after getting in a fight with a teammate. We have a pretty stacked secondary, but do you think we see about a reunion? I am thinking he may get his chance to play in Dallas...

No way... I absolutely do not want him back here... Sounds he like he was also missing team meetings, late for meetings and one of their coaches said, "He's had more altercations with teamates since he's been here than interceptions"...

I think Dallas will offer him a 1 yr deal...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Thomas, good riddance. After he flipped the finger to the Seahawks staff (who won him a Super Bowl, and the PASS WAS THE CORRECT CALL, just not the receiver/route) I'm done with that faggot. FUCK you Earl Thomas. Fuckin' traitor piece of shit.

Forget that Seattle made you one of the highest paid safeties after your rookie contract was up? Ugh.. ET is dead to me. So is Sherman... Seattle let him go because THEY COULDN'T AFFORD HIM. And then Sherman acts like a little bitch... there was no way they were going to pay you $15M bitch.

Fuck legion of boom. The only guy from LOB that has any respect from my end at this point is Chancellor.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Thomas, good riddance. After he flipped the finger to the Seahawks staff (who won him a Super Bowl, and the PASS WAS THE CORRECT CALL, just not the receiver/route) I'm done with that faggot. FUCK you Earl Thomas. Fuckin' traitor piece of shit.

Forget that Seattle made you one of the highest paid safeties after your rookie contract was up? Ugh.. ET is dead to me. So is Sherman... Seattle let him go because THEY COULDN'T AFFORD HIM. And then Sherman acts like a little bitch... there was no way they were going to pay you $15M bitch.

Fuck legion of boom. The only guy from LOB that has any respect from my end at this point is Chancellor.

Crazy that Earl just got cut by the Ravens for personal conduct ....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent couldn’t reach him to talk about contract offers or details ect? That doesn’t sound like a person interested in his career. Sounds like Clowney is a flake.

Not a shock to me at all if that's the case... Clowney had MAJOR motivational issues during College and was known for taking plays off. IMO, he DEFINITELY milked his injury and took plays off when he was with Houston.

I'd be fine with Clowney on a 1-2 year 'prove it deal' but I was NOT for Seattle giving him some 5 year $90M bullshit. Guarantee he'd find a way to step on a Lego and claim weeks of injury...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope just let him walk. Sucks i know but move on, he is not the DE we need or should be looking for. For one he has never been a big sack guy and the Hawks need sacks. He has never been a healthy player and the Hawks do not need to carry a overpriced DE that doesn't get sacks on a bloated superstar salary. His mind and attitude are not in the right place as the Hawks want guys that" love to play" i don't think Clowney "Loves to play" i think Clowney "Love the money".

Cut ties even though it might hurt a little it will be best to do so now than later.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never for paying any thing close to what he was asking for, but if the cost is reasonable I'm all for signing him. A one year deal would be good, if longer have a out clause by year 3. Seahawks need to add where ever they can and the DL is better with Clowney then without him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After trading for Jamal Adams and Quandre Diggs + the fact that his last moment as a Seahawk was giving the middle finger tells me it's pretty unlikely.

Earl must've been more of a problem in the locker room than we can really understand. It doesn't make sense for a contending team to cut one of the best safeties in the game with a ton of dead money left on his contract unless he was a serious problem.

I have to believe there is more to this than we know. He had to have been a serious problem to justify cutting.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never for paying any thing close to what he was asking for, but if the cost is reasonable I'm all for signing him. A one year deal would be good, if longer have a out clause by year 3. Seahawks need to add where ever they can and the DL is better with Clowney then without him.

Right now it sounds like at best Clowney will get a 1-year prove it deal, which I'm in favor of.

I don't really have much faith in our current defensive line generating much pressure this year without someone like Clowney. Irvin and Mayowa are bandaids at best and the Seahawks didn't blitz much in 2019.

I also just keep looking at that game we had against the 49ers last year when Clowney had one of the best performances by a defensive lineman not named Aaron Donald I've ever seen.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasons why the Ravens dropped Thomas

Oct. 21, 2019: Thomas didn't return with the Ravens on the team flight back to Baltimore, a source confirmed. He chose to take the entire bye week off, blowing off meetings Monday and Tuesday, the source added.

May 5, 2020: Earl Thomas indicated in an Instagram video, which he later deleted, that TMZ would be releasing details of the altercation and said he wanted to "get ahead" of the report. "It's not really anybody's business," he said. "It pisses me off that it got out, but it's the world we live in today. But instead of talking about us, just keep us in y'all's prayers. Stuff like this happens." This was the first time the Ravens become aware of the situation. Thomas never notified the team, which learned of the incident from social media.

Teams remember these like this, and after a while, it becomes your more of a headache than the production you produce.

From middle finger to the punch: Earl Thomas' tumultuous timeline

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy to think that we actually lost out on the Clowney trade with the Texans because I would take a 3rd round pick from any team to deal with this nonsense. I think Clowney has major issues or thinks himself greater than what he really is. In what world does holding out a whole season make a sense if the objective is to get paid?

As for Earl Thomas I wish him well he was my favorite player on the legion of boom. I am not sure if his stardom went straight to his head for him to not do the things behind scenes that the ravens are asking him to do especially if they are paying you good money to be on the team. From here everything points Dallas I just hope its not the 49ers or Rams or even the Cardinals.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Thomas was a great player then everything started to change with his attitude same with Sherman who was always a loud mouth but then he started getting a bad attitude. Michael Bennett rubbed off on those guys because they all act the same just in different bodys lol but not kidding i saw it years ago when i was saying don't resign Bennett but they did. The Locker room started getting Toxic and we know who was in the middle of it Bennett Earl and Sherman. Big name players and leaders ... but turned into poor teammates even though very talented.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent couldn’t reach him to talk about contract offers or details ect? That doesn’t sound like a person interested in his career. Sounds like Clowney is a flake.

Too me it sounds like he has a number and won't budge therefore he won't speak to his agent or anybody else for that matter. I think Cleveland has offered him the most at 17mil and he turned that down. He's only hurting himself if he pulls a Lev Bell.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too me it sounds like he has a number and won't budge therefore he won't speak to his agent or anybody else for that matter. I think Cleveland has offered him the most at 17mil and he turned that down. He's only hurting himself if he pulls a Lev Bell.

Leveon Bell got so lucky with the Jets because from what I understood not many teams were offering him a large contract and the Jets were dumb enough to offer the sizable contract and he jumped on it quick. Either way Bell got his contract in the thick of free agency I cant think of anyone in history getting a sizable contract 2 weeks before the start of the season