• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Hawks Offseason Thread:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon is back on the roster with a 1 year deal worth up to around $1M. More details on reinstatement to follow.

Seahawks re-sign wide receiver Josh Gordon to 1-year deal

THIS is like a lot. He's not the explosive player he once was but he provides a solid possession receiver threat that could do some strong work with TL16 and DK14 on the outside while also being able to swing wide when needed.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS is like a lot. He's not the explosive player he once was but he provides a solid possession receiver threat that could do some strong work with TL16 and DK14 on the outside while also being able to swing wide when needed.

This is awesome... So I hope that the Antonio Brown talk will finally stop with this signing... I don't want AB on our team...

Yeah, I am liking this move and it's one that I think a lot of us expected at some point. So the top names in the WR room are now:
  • Tyler Lockett
  • DK Metcalf
  • Josh Gordon
  • Philip Dorsett
  • Paul Richardson
  • David Moore
  • John Ursua
Unless we keep 7 WRs, someone below Josh Gordon is getting cut. Also not listed is Freddie Swain, who may have a shot to stick around for his ability to contribute as a returner. Tough choices to make here.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So first we sign Paul Richardson, who had a great connection with Russ, and now we land Josh Gordon who was as clutch as there was last year. I love the competition Pete and John are building, looks like Russ won't lack threats this year.

I just hope with all this talent we open it up earlier than years passed.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am liking this move and it's one that I think a lot of us expected at some point. So the top names in the WR room are now:
  • Tyler Lockett
  • DK Metcalf
  • Josh Gordon
  • Philip Dorsett
  • Paul Richardson
  • David Moore
  • John Ursua
Unless we keep 7 WRs, someone below Josh Gordon is getting cut. Also not listed is Freddie Swain, who may have a shot to stick around for his ability to contribute as a returner. Tough choices to make here.

I would say that assuming health isn't a factor you're looking at Lockett, Metcalf, Gordon, and Richardson as locks. I think it really comes down to those final three as bubble spots with Dorsett in the slight lead over the other two.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that assuming health isn't a factor you're looking at Lockett, Metcalf, Gordon, and Richardson as locks. I think it really comes down to those final three as bubble spots with Dorsett in the slight lead over the other two.
So if you're just looking at it solely from the WR (pass catching) perspective, you are probably right. But you almost always have ST contributors at WR. If we keep 6 and they are Lockett, Metcalf, Gordon, Richardson, Moore, and Dorsett, I think we struggle find a ST player in there. It seems like we are trying to pry TL out of the returner role (which I think makes tons of sense and is overdue), so maybe Moore can chip in but I thought that's why we drafted Deejay Dallas & Swain. I think between Moore, Richardson, and Dorsett, 2 of them might be in trouble.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you're just looking at it solely from the WR (pass catching) perspective, you are probably right. But you almost always have ST contributors at WR. If we keep 6 and they are Lockett, Metcalf, Gordon, Richardson, Moore, and Dorsett, I think we struggle find a ST player in there. It seems like we are trying to pry TL out of the returner role (which I think makes tons of sense and is overdue), so maybe Moore can chip in but I thought that's why we drafted Deejay Dallas & Swain. I think between Moore, Richardson, and Dorsett, 2 of them might be in trouble.

I totally agree. Thats why I stated that Dorsett probably leads between the three bubble spots because I expect two of the three to be cut. I think that both Dallas and Swain are locks due to their ST priority, but even in that case I love what we have in the WR room. I also think Swain could evolve into a pretty solid WR in the future, but for now he will focus on ST.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be surprised if David Moore makes the team...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks Meet With Ex-49ers Pass Rusher & Former Starting Center

Former starting center Justin Britt and defensive end Damontre Moore both had try-out visits with the Seahawks, per ESPN’s Field Yates.

https://heavy.com/sports/seattle-seahawks/2020/09/seattle-seahawks-justin-britt-news-rumors/?fbclid=IwAR01Xntor8Fr5N74k4WEQLSai7H3Q48sMu5OMyXsxq0JBaN0igJxlErET9E

Wouldn't mind one bit if they resigned Britt. I mean they released him because of the size of his contract not his on field play. He was and still would be the best Center on this team if resigned.

Also about the WR, From what i heard so far is Dorsett and Moore look like the #3 guy and there is no separation between them as who would win it. Add now PR and JG and i still think Dorsett and Moore are almost locks to make this team because Gordon is often suspended and may or may not get a full season and PR is a injury machine. You can not count on either one of those guys to play 16 games PERIOD! I see the Hawks keeping at the very least 6WR if PR and JG make the team, more like 7 because of the fact you can not count on either one of those guys.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't mind one bit if they resigned Britt. I mean they released him because of the size of his contract not his on field play. He was and still would be the best Center on this team if resigned.

I'm with you on that. If the contract isn't too much, he'd be a help for the OL.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well right now Gordon would be on the suspended list and not take a roster spot.

Yes, i get that...

I was commenting on the fact that if the Seahawks didn't carry 7, who would be the odd man out...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh and DK are a scary threat together, we were flowing on offense with Josh out there and when he got suspended it definitely hurt us a bit.. I like him coming back if he can effin stay clean and get out there at some point, he's a talent ...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our WR AND TE core can stay healthy and Gordon can play a full season (assuming Dissly/Olsen stay healthy)... Seattle QUIETLY has one of the best receiving groups in the NFL.

Dissly, Olsen, Metcalf, Lockett, Richardson, Gordon? Uh... yes please.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe we are necessarily out on AB I think teams are waiting for him to serve some of his suspension before making a move. I think if the passing game could use help AB is still an option I know guys are excited about Paul Rich but looking at this objectively he isnt all that great of a reciever he will make a play here and there but between him and Dorsett I dont believe there is much looking past Lockett and DK

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our WR AND TE core can stay healthy and Gordon can play a full season (assuming Dissly/Olsen stay healthy)... Seattle QUIETLY has one of the best receiving groups in the NFL.

Dissly, Olsen, Metcalf, Lockett, Richardson, Gordon? Uh... yes please.

And let's not forget the one-two punch of Carson and Hyde...

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL to provide pre-recorded crowd noise for teams to play during games

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Thursday that it will provide a loop of pre-recorded crowd noise specific to each team's stadium that must be played over the PA system in empty stadiums -- and partially filled stadiums, at least to start the season -- at 70 decibels starting at kickoff. NFL ops will monitor the audio throughout the game to make sure that the crowd noise does not go above or below the required decibel level.

NFL to provide pre-recorded crowd noise for teams to play during games

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's not forget the one-two punch of Carson and Hyde...

And hopefully Penny soon. He was doing pretty well filling in for Carson. I still have hope for him.

5.7 AVG, 3TDs on 65 carries.. only 1 fumble too. Carson had ~250 carries with only x2 the TDs and 6x the fumbles. I think Penny could be a resign if he can stay healthy... maybe Seattle is trying to exhaust Carson, keep Penny on the 'down low' and then have a fairly fresh set of legs with a cheap re-sign for 2021-22 beyond? Who knows...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited to see Adams, Diggs and Blair all on the field at the same time. Blair showed flashes in his limited time last year of being a playmaker flying all over the place. That recklessness made me nervous at times because he is not a 220+ pound safety.

He is a lanky 6 foot 1 sub 200 pound player and i thought for sure he was going to hurt himself. Now with him playing the Nickel we could see some serious talent in that backend with Griffin, Dunbar ( Flowers?!?! ) Blair, Diggs and Adams, thats a very talented back end and i hope that talent shows up on the scoreboard.

Having a Nickel back also come up and pop people in the running game is great because Nickels play a lot inside the numbers close to the LoS putting him into position to thump some running backs if he reads the run fast enough.

Last edited: