• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Hawks Offseason Thread:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leveon Bell got so lucky with the Jets because from what I understood not many teams were offering him a large contract and the Jets were dumb enough to offer the sizable contract and he jumped on it quick. Either way Bell got his contract in the thick of free agency I cant think of anyone in history getting a sizable contract 2 weeks before the start of the season

Maybe a player on holdout but as a FA I'm not sure. He may not get want he wants next year as the cap looks to drop 20mil.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a decent DL signing and I will get a little excited. At this point an average WR who might not make the team and at best case would be a #4 isn't very exciting by comparison to actually helping an area of need.

Yeah, I wonder if they got some info on Josh Gordon leading up to this. Paul Rich seems like a similar mold to Phillip Dorsett, so I don't see much here apart from depth. I'd rather add a big bodied guy like Gordon than Richardson if we need another WR.

The news I don't like hearing is that they're kicking the tires on Justin Britt. Not that I don't like Britt, but does that mean they're not happy with the O line already?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Richardson did not do a whole lot while here in Seattle I cant think of any great games we have won where he was the difference. He did make some good plays here and there but I don't see him doing much for us.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Richardson did not do a whole lot while here in Seattle I cant think of any great games we have won where he was the difference. He did make some good plays here and there but I don't see him doing much for us.
He's a role player, and every team needs and has those. I would rather have Josh Gordon, but even he wouldn't be better than the 3rd option in the passing game and really more like 4th or 5th. I guess the upside with P-Rich is we are at least talking about a guy who's been here before (albeit with a different OC) and has at least caught passes from Russell at this level, but I don't think there's a player out there on the street right now who is going to come in here and be anything more than a spot contributor when you already have Lockett, DK, Olsen, Dissly, Chris Carson, Carlos Hyde, and eventually Rashad Penny on the roster. Even if we end up adding Gordon, I doubt he catches more than 30 passes the whole year (if he isn't suspended again).

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a role player, and every team needs and has those. I would rather have Josh Gordon, but even he wouldn't be better than the 3rd option in the passing game and really more like 4th or 5th. I guess the upside with P-Rich is we are at least talking about a guy who's been here before (albeit with a different OC) and has at least caught passes from Russell at this level, but I don't think there's a player out there on the street right now who is going to come in here and be anything more than a spot contributor when you already have Lockett, DK, Olsen, Dissly, Chris Carson, Carlos Hyde, and eventually Rashad Penny on the roster. Even if we end up adding Gordon, I doubt he catches more than 30 passes the whole year (if he isn't suspended again).

We should just sign Antonio Brown and deal with the suspension. Maybe when after 8 games they will revisit Brown if management feels this team needs help in the pass offense if someone gets hurt like a Tyler Lockett and we are in the thick of the race then they would probably pull the trigger.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should just sign Antonio Brown and deal with the suspension. Maybe when after 8 games they will revisit Brown if management feels this team needs help in the pass offense if someone gets hurt like a Tyler Lockett and we are in the thick of the race then they would probably pull the trigger.
No thanks on Brown. I just don't believe WRs (especially the divas) drive team success. Russell Wilson is our weapon. He got to a SB with 4 WRs who were not even drafted. Keep building the defense and give him some protection, and it's gonna work more or less regardless of who is catching the passes because that's what an elite QB does for you.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an interesting twist befitting the kind of year 2020 has been, it appears the biggest threat to this NFL season is not the virus but instead player boycotts. In fact, I think it's probably inevitable based on the trajectory of things. In the social media era, we act on emotion and partial truth more than ever before. Don't need anything more than a few twitter videos to know all the facts about a given situation. Ah well...no fans in the stands anyway so it's not like I would have driven all the way up there just to find out the players have decided to not come to work. What a jacked up year.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks on Brown. I just don't believe WRs (especially the divas) drive team success. Russell Wilson is our weapon. He got to a SB with 4 WRs who were not even drafted. Keep building the defense and give him some protection, and it's gonna work more or less regardless of who is catching the passes because that's what an elite QB does for you.

True I will say having an elite defense and an elite running game made up for having undrafted receivers neither of which he has now. I do believe that we need to put everything on the line and I do get sick and tired of the media saying we don't give Russell Wilson help. Russell Wilson lobbied for him and if we lose I would rather it be with an all pro on the offense other than Wilson than because Metcalf and Lockett got out classed.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True I will say having an elite defense and an elite running game made up for having undrafted receivers neither of which he has now. I do believe that we need to put everything on the line and I do get sick and tired of the media saying we don't give Russell Wilson help. Russell Wilson lobbied for him and if we lose I would rather it be with an all pro on the offense other than Wilson than because Metcalf and Lockett got out classed.
We have an elite QB, which in today's NFL (and maybe more so in 2020 than in any other season in history) means you really don't need to be elite anywhere else to win. Of course Russell is going to want as many talented players around him as possible, but I feel there's plenty there already for him to work with when you're talking about offensive weapons. He's proven time and again that he can keep things going at a high level almost no matter what else is happening around him. If we lose or don't go as far as we feel we should, I don't think it will have much to do with the WR position.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Lockett and Metcalf we got a pretty good pair of WRs, I don't think signing a WR that's a diva who would be demanding constantly getting feed targets is the way to go. One only has to see how he behaved when JuJu started getting targets and praised, he couldn't handle it and started flipping out and causing unhappiness and division for his team. Seahawks don't need that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Lockett and Metcalf we got a pretty good pair of WRs, I don't think signing a WR that's a diva who would be demanding constantly getting feed targets is the way to go. One only has to see how he behaved when JuJu started getting targets and praised, he couldn't handle it and started flipping out and causing unhappiness and division for his team. Seahawks don't need that.

If Seattle is planning to add another WR, they should go the Josh Gordon route.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seattle is planning to add another WR, they should go the Josh Gordon route.
That signing will take 3 parties to make it work: the team, the player, and the league. Looks like the interim solution is Paul Richardson. By the time Gordon is reinstated, injuries could open up a roster spot if he wants to play here again.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That signing will take 3 parties to make it work: the team, the player, and the league. Looks like the interim solution is Paul Richardson. By the time Gordon is reinstated, injuries could open up a roster spot if he wants to play here again.

Would he still serve a susp or is he cleared once reinstated?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would he still serve a susp or is he cleared once reinstated?
I don't think we know that right now. I don't believe there is a suspension him currently, but I don't think that means the league couldn't issue one after reinstatement.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we know that right now. I don't believe there is a suspension him currently, but I don't think that means the league couldn't issue one after reinstatement.

I guess Goddell will drag his feet on this.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they are looking for a #4 guy someone that might get 20 to 30 catches at most but they like PR because they know him and that he is capable of big games ( for a #3 or #4 WR that is ). I am fine with PR as the #4 WR that could fight his way into the #3 spot. If healthy he is a fine and capable WR who knows the Hawks Offense, And of course he comes cheap.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also i think the fact that Dorsett and Ursua are limited or not practicing at all means they need bodys that can give the QB's ( all three of them ) reps, the fact that PR knows the offense is a bonus. I think unless he is just flat out outstanding in camp he is released as soon as Dorsett and Ursua both start practicing 100% again.