• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed they have been good against everyone else but what does it matter if they can't get through Boston? They simply don't have a defensive pairing or even strategy to handle their only line of concern. They let them skate all over them with no effort to stop them it's unbelievable . Unless they trade for a dman who can actually do something to help stop that line or if the coaches can come up with a better game plan against them they won't win 4 of 7 against that team. I'm just being honest here...it does not look good right now as it is. Their special teams have also went to shit against them so that doesn't help.
Again, I'm not concerned. We were without Couturier for 4 of the 5 games and in the 5th game we were missing 5 of our top 9 forwards. Our defense is improving game by game, especially the younger guys and Ghost. We're just not at the level we were for the second half of last season, but that will change now that we're getting healthy and past covid19.

Besides, we could've easily won a couple of those games against Boston this season and then nobody would be freaking out.

We're tied for 3rd in the division, just one point back of 1st and with games in hand on everyone around us. The present and future look bright, really.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at how many games we're winning (or how competitive we are) with a horrendous shot differential and terrible special teams. When those things turn around, and they will, we're going to be a dominant team.

If someone would've told us before the season that JvR would be leading the team in goals and points this far in, we'd probably all expect to be one of the worst teams in the division or even the conference/league. That is far from the case...Lol

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game against a really bad team. Buff had too many prime chances, but they don’t have the skill players to finish them.

it’s a shutout win, I’ll take it. Ghost is starting to look good.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not concerned. We were without Couturier for 4 of the 5 games and in the 5th game we were missing 5 of our top 9 forwards. Our defense is improving game by game, especially the younger guys and Ghost. We're just not at the level we were for the second half of last season, but that will change now that we're getting healthy and past covid19.

Besides, we could've easily won a couple of those games against Boston this season and then nobody would be freaking out.

We're tied for 3rd in the division, just one point back of 1st and with games in hand on everyone around us. The present and future look bright, really.
I hope you are right but they look like children playing Boston even with Couts in the lineup. Their one line absolutely dominates them they look like they've given up after the first 30 seconds when they let pasta walk in and score. If they had any plan hit them anything I'd have faith but they do nothing.

I do agree Ghost looks better but Boston just walks around all of their dmen like they don't exist even Pro. I was hoping that the young guys could step up but against their one line they can't. Maybe they need to bite the bullet and upgrade one of Sanheim or Myers to get an all round better dman??? Hope that this would help against them and make the top four better. Not an easy thing to do but something to look into as I don't have faith getting out of the division as is or just hang in there and add someone good at the deadline when it's a cheaper trade.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right but they look like children playing Boston even with Couts in the lineup. Their one line absolutely dominates them they look like they've given up after the first 30 seconds when they let pasta walk in and score. If they had any plan hit them anything I'd have faith but they do nothing.

I do agree Ghost looks better but Boston just walks around all of their dmen like they don't exist even Pro. I was hoping that the young guys could step up but against their one line they can't. Maybe they need to bite the bullet and upgrade one of Sanheim or Myers to get an all round better dman??? Hope that this would help against them and make the top four better. Not an easy thing to do but something to look into as I don't have faith getting out of the division as is or just hang in there and add someone good at the deadline when it's a cheaper trade.
Yeah, because 5 of our top 9 forwards were missing from that contest and their replacements were mostly young, non-Nhl players from the minor leagues. And so, we did have some children out there, so to speak.

Sure, we could use a solid, veteran, top four defenseman, but also the defense we have is improving, especially the likes of Sanheim, Myers and Ghost. Provy is a stud right now, I don't care what anyone says.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at how many games we're winning (or how competitive we are) with a horrendous shot differential and terrible special teams. When those things turn around, and they will, we're going to be a dominant team.

If someone would've told us before the season that JvR would be leading the team in goals and points this far in, we'd probably all expect to be one of the worst teams in the division or even the conference/league. That is far from the case...Lol

I have the same opinion, but I was told I do not watch enough hockey......

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good strong game today. The Sabres are bad, no Eichel, but they Flyers did what they should. Took care of business and looked comfortable. All you can ask when playing a team that’s clearly inferior.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good strong game today. The Sabres are bad, no Eichel, but they Flyers did what they should. Took care of business and looked comfortable. All you can ask when playing a team that’s clearly inferior.
Is there anybody on that Sabre roster that may interest you at the deadline? They are all bad, but I think some of them just need a change of scenery. Losing seems to be the norm for the Sabres.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because 5 of our top 9 forwards were missing from that contest and their replacements were mostly young, non-Nhl players from the minor leagues. And so, we did have some children out there, so to speak.

Sure, we could use a solid, veteran, top four defenseman, but also the defense we have is improving, especially the likes of Sanheim, Myers and Ghost. Provy is a stud right now, I don't care what anyone says.
They allowed bergerons line to dominate in every game even at full strength that's my worry. Couldn't even hold on to big leads. To say that there isn't a concern is blind faith. ..

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They allowed bergerons line to dominate in every game even at full strength that's my worry. Couldn't even hold on to big leads. To say that there isn't a concern is blind faith. ..
Uh, that's arguably the best line in all of hockey too. It's not like some random scrubs are beating us. We took it to Boston last season and I think without question they lost more in the offseason than us and now we can't beat them at all!? It makes zero sense, so I don't expect it to last.

So, it's not blind faith, it's logic and common sense.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m interested to see how AV shuffles players in and out of the lineup through the rest of the regular season. They only have 2 two-day breaks and 1 three day break through the rest of the season. The next multi-day break isn’t until April 1/2. 39 games in 71 days. That’s approximately 6 games every 11 days.

All teams will have something similar. I think the teams that can manage the roster the best will have a leg up. Flyers depth should help them do that.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m interested to see how AV shuffles players in and out of the lineup through the rest of the regular season. They only have 2 two-day breaks and 1 three day break through the rest of the season. The next multi-day break isn’t until April 1/2. 39 games in 71 days. That’s approximately 6 games every 11 days.

All teams will have something similar. I think the teams that can manage the roster the best will have a leg up. Flyers depth should help them do that.
For sure, we should have one of the freshest teams come playoff time. B. Elliott is a big part of that too, but we're pretty deep everywhere when healthy.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anybody on that Sabre roster that may interest you at the deadline? They are all bad, but I think some of them just need a change of scenery. Losing seems to be the norm for the Sabres.

Id be interested in Ristolainen. Adds the physicality the flyers could use. Right handed. Can play top 4. He’s kind of Ekholm-lite.

Again, complicates the expansion draft because he’s signed through next season as well. But I’d at least poke around and see what it would take.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be interested in Ristolainen. Adds the physicality the flyers could use. Right handed. Can play top 4. He’s kind of Ekholm-lite.

Again, complicates the expansion draft because he’s signed through next season as well. But I’d at least poke around and see what it would take.
From what I have read on Ristolainen, it seems like the vivid has really taken its toll on him this season? Not using this as an only excuse. His career numbers are bad, especially the +-. He needs a fresh start elsewhere imo. I'm not so sure it would take much honestly.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game against a really bad team. Buff had too many prime chances, but they don’t have the skill players to finish them.

it’s a shutout win, I’ll take it. Ghost is starting to look good.
Their defense makes ours look like three great pairs

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braun getting a lot of props for his play yesterday and overall positive effect on the D

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farabee for three today.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, that's arguably the best line in all of hockey too. It's not like some random scrubs are beating us. We took it to Boston last season and I think without question they lost more in the offseason than us and now we can't beat them at all!? It makes zero sense, so I don't expect it to last.

So, it's not blind faith, it's logic and common sense.
Maybe they've adapted better to their losses as losing Nisky is apparently the Flyers achilles heel when playing them. They don't have the one thing that they need to stop their one line. It's not bad luck when you lose 5 straight games to one team. If you go back to playoff history normally the team that wins the season series wins the round. Unless the Flyers do something serious to alter this I'm afraid they will lose. Definition of insanity is to continue to do the same thing and expect a different result. I sure hope they find a way a way to trade for a solid D.