• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Womens World Cup Thread

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 minutes of stoppage time again.. UGH!

Spain is attacking the US.. Defending needs to step it up

Actually I thought the defense showed me a lot I didn’t know they had. The form and experience issues have been easy to see long before the finals. But they did weather it. They did stay tough. Dalkamper stuck her position well and was rewarded with quite a few entries into the box that she could easily clear. It’s all discipline there.

Aside from the gaffe that led to the Spain goal I thought Naeher was pretty great. Goalie is the easiest position to get lost in your head and make the wrong decisions over and over again. She showed that she could flow with the game and put herself into the right spots.

Spain was criticized for their finishing touch before this game....and its true. With better finishing they could have taken us.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was seven minutes of hell! It was enough to hold them back for the final 9 non stoppage minutes. Seven fucking minutes! Nail biting!

Mewis impressed the hell out of me. She can move so fast and fluid with the ball. Let’s see more of that in the coming game!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I thought the defense showed me a lot I didn’t know they had. The form and experience issues have been easy to see long before the finals. But they did weather it. They did stay tough. Dalkamper stuck her position well and was rewarded with quite a few entries into the box that she could easily clear. It’s all discipline there.

Aside from the gaffe that led to the Spain goal I thought Naeher was pretty great. Goalie is the easiest position to get lost in your head and make the wrong decisions over and over again. She showed that she could flow with the game and put herself into the right spots.

Spain was criticized for their finishing touch before this game....and its true. With better finishing they could have taken us.

I just meant for that last 7 minutes USAs defense needed to step up there game and they did. Naeher with a huge mental gaff there and like you said easily could have gotten into her head and easily could have F'd up huge but didn't. Credit to her... Spain easily could and probably should have won today if they had better finishing passing

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was seven minutes of hell! It was enough to hold them back for the final 9 non stoppage minutes. Seven fucking minutes! Nail biting!

Mewis impressed the hell out of me. She can move so fast and fluid with the ball. Let’s see more of that in the coming game!

She and Heath set the tone today and look like they can easily take over any match. Especially now that teams are going to try and knock around Morgan

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morgan was sellin those fouls pretty hard for a while. 2-3 of them she didn't need to go to the grass, but she did to draw the penalty.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pedantic
adjective
pe·dan·tic | \ pi-ˈdan-tik \
Definition of pedantic

1: of, relating to, or being a pedant a pedantic teacher

pedant
noun
ped·ant | \ ˈpe-dᵊnt \
Definition of pedant

1a: one who is unimaginative or who unduly emphasizes minutiae in the presentation or use of knowledge

Witty. Do you feel better now that you've tried to insult my intelligence?

So is it always called or almost always called?

Or continue to try to insult my intelligence. It appears that's all you've got.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witty. Do you feel better now that you've tried to insult my intelligence?

So is it always called or almost always called?

Or continue to try to insult my intelligence. It appears that's all you've got.
Always when it's in the box, almost always outside the box, if it's not, it's usually because the ref didn't see it, or is a moron. But VAR won't let them get away with not calling it now.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always when it's in the box, almost always outside the box, if it's not, it's usually because the ref didn't see it, or is a moron. But VAR won't let them get away with not calling it now.

Agreed. Under VAR, always called and a penalty.
When not under review, you are at the mercy of the ref seeing things in real time and can easily be missed outright or misinterpreted.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When not under review, you are at the mercy of the ref seeing things in real time and can easily be missed outright or misinterpreted.

The play was ticky tack as far as contact goes. I could even say I’m not sure the Spanish player knew Lavalle was there. But the fact is the fact....spikes up in the box, once called, will always be a penalty.

Ultimately it was karmic....Spain clearly decided they were going to whip some ass and be super physical. Their big defender getting through that match with just a yellow is nonsense. She was totally Lambier out there all game.

Alex might have been flopping a little later in the game and selling the fouls she was (finally) getting....but she was getting her ass kicked by a bruiser with no repercussion the whole first half. She showed nothing on the stats but she made her impact....even if it was mostly to draw attention and blows.

How many white jerseys did we see go down all game? To not lose any of them to anything significant was huge.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMN!! What a save by the Swedish keeper there! Canada couldn't score on that PK. WOW!

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play was ticky tack as far as contact goes. I could even say I’m not sure the Spanish player knew Lavalle was there. But the fact is the fact....spikes up in the box, once called, will always be a penalty.

Ultimately it was karmic....Spain clearly decided they were going to whip some ass and be super physical. Their big defender getting through that match with just a yellow is nonsense. She was totally Lambier out there all game.

Alex might have been flopping a little later in the game and selling the fouls she was (finally) getting....but she was getting her ass kicked by a bruiser with no repercussion the whole first half. She showed nothing on the stats but she made her impact....even if it was mostly to draw attention and blows.

How many white jerseys did we see go down all game? To not lose any of them to anything significant was huge.

In the knockout round, I'm telling my team to win at all costs.
If playing the US physical helps my chances, so be it.
You play to the ref's whistle.
If they're letting you play, then you always see how far you can take it until you get cautioned.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus some many “handballs”

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But same can be said for VAR since it gets slown down so much.. You can think you see anything in slow motion that truly isn't there

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But same can be said for VAR since it gets slown down so much.. You can think you see anything in slow motion that truly isn't there

I think the overall effectiveness of VAR has been very, very good.
Probably 90-95% in getting the correct call.

As far as the time it takes, they have been very diligent in adding extra time.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the overall effectiveness of VAR has been very, very good.
Probably 90-95% in getting the correct call.

As far as the time it takes, they have been very diligent in adding extra time.

I don't like how you know when a PK goal is scored they don't look to see if the keeper left early but as soon as it is stopped they do. Now I get it, it wouldn't matter since the goal was scored but still. Also. VAR has made the officials hold off sides and make a replay determine if it was a goal or not... Don't really like that either

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence of Canada not really playing the ball in the area but I thought Sweden was offsides prior to the foul

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VAR got one there.... Canada did get very lucky there

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the knockout round, I'm telling my team to win at all costs.
If playing the US physical helps my chances, so be it.
You play to the ref's whistle.
If they're letting you play, then you always see how far you can take it until you get cautioned.

I was not disagreeing with this at all. They knew they had to come in and play us hard. I give credit to that strategy. It almost helped things work.

Then again...Paredes was the captain and the bruiser all match. And late in the games she has a chance with the ball in the box that was just barely snuffed out. Had their been a whistle I’m sure they could have found something for a PK.

But the whistle didn’t come. Not because FIFA just wants the US through. I believe part of it was that she was getting away with so much all game; your not going to get a foul against you that easily when you’ve been rolling hard into the other team all game.