• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has wasted 3 years searching for an adequate QB.
Case is playing like a rookie. Why not draft a rookie and then you have two things:

Hope for the future and $18MM in your back pocket.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another name for HC that I heard mentioned the other day was Charger's OC - Ken Whisenhunt. Obviously having a good year with the Chargers and comes with 5 years of HC experience with the Cardinals. Also stints with the Titans and Steelers. Was part of the coaching staff that won the Super Bowl with the Steelers and took the Cardinals to their first Super Bowl ever in 2008 as the head coach. I've always liked Whisenhunt. No nonsense kinda guy.

That there is interesting if you really think about what he did!The cards were about a crapy team as all hell,yet he turned them around.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After great thought, we need the most physical draft.

RT we need a road grader!

NT a man

SS that knocks you out!

DE that doesn't bitch, that kickass

ILB That make daisy pushing a game day norm.

TE that knocks you out for thinking you are so going to pulverize the QB/RB.

DB Man on MAN, Black, Blue

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After great thought, we need the most physical draft.

RT we need a road grader!

NT a man

SS that knocks you out!

DE that doesn't bitch, that kickass

ILB That make daisy pushing a game day norm.

TE that knocks you out for thinking you are so going to pulverize the QB/RB.

DB Man on MAN, Black, Blue
Donald Trump and his kids?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Nick Foles gets the Eagles to the Super Bowl and wins it. The team is up and down under Wentz this year and when he gets hurt and Foles comes in they start playing better.

If the Eagles go on a run with Foles I wonder if it would be worth inquiring about Wentz. It would take a lot to get him but would also address a huge long term need and perhaps make the Broncos a desirable FA destination again.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the year to trade up in the draft, a lot of the top ten won’t be vying for a qb.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will there be a QB worthy of trading up for? We will have to see who declares.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like with a win we pick 16th. If we lose as high as 7th with help. How many times will we hear Den SF trade this off season. :)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like with a win we pick 16th. If we lose as high as 7th with help. How many times will we hear Den SF trade this off season. :)
With a loss, I’m guess 11 is most likely.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there is a debate over if some players should or shouldn't return. I will give my thoughts:
Offense:
QB - Case Keenum, Kevin Hogan (RFA), Garrett Grayson
Really I only want Keenum to return and will need to draft a QB or sign/trade for vet. We can keep Hogan as an emergency plan. I would like a bit more upside. If we want a vet to complete with Keenum maybe look at Tyrod Taylor. Haskins would be awesome, but who knows if he is coming out. Will have to wait until after their bowl game. It sounds like he will. Other wise Jones or Grier in late 1st or early 2nd.

RB - Philip Lindsay, Royce Freeman, DeVonte Booker, Kalfani Muhammad
At Running Back we are pretty well set, but I wonder if trading Booker doesn't make a lot of sense. He showed really well with additional opportunities. This would allow us to have additional draft capital to either add depth or move up in the draft. Maybe replace him with someone like Bryce Love.

FB - Andy Janovich
I think we are fine with Andy. His role maybe eliminated depending on the OC. I really hope not as he is a great assest to the running game which is incredibly important to our offensive success.

WR - Emmnual Sanders, Cortland Sutton, DaeSean Hamilton, Tim Patrick (ERFA), River Cracraft, Andre Holmes, Jordan Taylor (RFA), Shay Fields, Chad Hansen
Sanders says he will be ready for week 1, but I know there are doubts. Denver probably doesn't take a chance and releases him. A restructure is a possibility too. If he is released Golden Tate may be a reasonable replacement. I am not sure there is another replacement I like at WR in the free agent market. We may need to find another WR in draft, but I will lean on the rest of the board for their thoughts.

TE - Jeff Heuerman (UFA), Jake Butt, Troy Fumagalli, Matt LaCosse (ERFA), Brian Parker (ERFA), Temarrick Hemingway, Tim Semisch
I think we need to re-sign Jeff Heuerman to a reasonable short term deal. Especially with the questions around Butt. I am all for drafting another TE. Noah Fant would be awesome, but I not sure we will be able to spend a pick on TE as high as he will be drafted. I am sure there are some other TEs that could help, but my knowledge is a bit lacking on prospects.

OT - Garett Bolles, Jared Veldheer (UFA), Billy Turner (UFA), Elijah Wilkinson (ERFA), Andreas Knappe
It would be nice to get a younger RT that can be the solution long term. I think we need to resign Billy Turner and Elijah Wilkinson and one of them might be an answer. Ja'Wuan James is available in free agency and we have had interest in the past. I am sure there are some prospects in the draft as well. At this point I would like to move on from Veldheer but may need to bring him back on a 1 year deal.

OG - Ron Leary, Max Garcia (UFA), Sam Jones, Nico Falah, Austin Schlottmann, Dan Skipper
I don't see us offering Garcia a contract and probably let him walk. Leary has a big cap number, but we might be forced to keep him instead of creating another hole to fill. Depending on what we do at C McGovern could move back to guard. We really don't know what we have in Jones or Falah but probably need competition. Hard to know what type of guard we want until we have an OC.

OC - Matt Paradis (UFA), Conner McGovern, Gino Gradkowski (UFA)
It would be nice to keep Paradis but that would be a big contract. If we move on from Leary. Otherwise we can roll with McGovern and find a backup in either FA or the draft.

Defense:
DE - Derek Wolfe, Zach Kerr (UFA), Adam Gotsis, DeMarcus Walker, Caushaud Lyons
Depend on how we feel about Walker we could cut Wolfe and resign Kerr for a reasonable deal. Wolfe has a big cap number and speaks a bit too freely to the media for my taste. I can only imagine what he says in the locker room. This draft is supposedly deep at the Dline so this could help.

NT Domata Peko (UFA), Shelby Harris (RFA)
I love Peko but would only consider bringing him back on a 1 year deal. I love Harris and would like to see a longer term deal for him. Need to find a younger replacement for Peko going forward.

OLB - Von Miller, Bradley Chubb, Shaquil Barrett (UFA), Shane Ray (UFA), Jeff Holland, Deiontrez Mount (UFA)
We are set at the starters with Miller and Chubb. I don't see Barrett or Ray returning so Jeff Holland needs to be ready for serious playing time. We will need to find some depth in FA or the draft.

ILB - Todd Davis, Brandon Marshall, Josey Jewell, Keishawn Bierria, Joe Jones (ERFA), Jerrol Garcia-Williams (ERFA), Alexander Johnson
I don't see Marshall coming back and Davis might not either. With the young guys we have they could e replaced. Johnson is the wild card. If he develops like we hope he could become a star next year.

CB - Chris Harris, Bradley Roby (UFA), Isaac Yiadom, Tramaine Brock (UFA), Brendan Langley, Jamar Taylor (UFA), Craig Mager, Linden Stephens
I would like to see Roby come back and compete for the #2/#3 CB role with Yiadom. I see Brock, and Taylor moving on unless they sign a 1 year deal to return after the draft. I think we need to look for another CB in the draft to develop with Langley

S - Darian Stewart, Justin Simmons, Will Parks, Su'a Cravens, Dymonte Thomas (ERFA), Trey Marshall, Jamal Carter
I see Stewart and Cravens not returning. It seems we have some good young talent at S.

Special Teams:
K - Brandon McManus
McManus has been good for years. I am ok to bring him back. I think bringing in someone to compete with him would be reasonable.

P - Colby Wadman
Should bring in another punter to compete with him.

LS - Casey Kreiter (RFA)
Kreiter seems be good on special teams. Good with resigning him to a longer term deal.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we need a LT. Bolles could be moved to the right side

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut Leary and sign Paradise

Leary is not a leader Matt is.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we need a LT. Bolles could be moved to the right side

Hell I like Bolles right where he is overall he was solid OC you goy to remember he is still learning He has played not long as a player in football and he had a long stretch where he kicked ass this year.

RT might be solved I realy liked what I saw out of Billy Turner and Elijah Wilkinson

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut Marshall, Sanders and Leary

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We re-signed most of our PS and two non PS members. Shamarko Thomas was re-signed for next year and WR Fred Brown who has spent a few years on the Rams and Colts PS has been signed. Brown always does well in PS.

Looks like Shay Fields and Tim Semisch will not be re-signed for next year. Didn't impress enough on the PS.

For some reason we seem to like Shamarko Thomas who is a vet and has been good on special teams in years past but didn't make an impact for us on ST's this year.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found an interesting article on rebuilding the Broncos.

I will summarize the 6 steps:
1. Hire the right coach.
2. Make cap space by designating Brandon Marshall, Darian Stewart, and Todd Davis as June 1st cuts. Also restructure Ron Leary.
3. Re-sign Matt Paradise, Zach Kerr, and Jared Veldheer. Tender Shelby Harris with 1st round tender.
4. Make a splash in free agency by signing CJ Mosley.
5. Trade for AJ Bouye.
6. Draft a play making TE in the 2nd round.

For those that want to read all of the article here is the link:
6-step plan to get the Broncos back on winning track in 2019