• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With being officially eliminated we now start evaluating the young guys for next year. There are lots of changes probably coming in the 2 1/2 months until free agency starts. Lets continue that discussion in this thread.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Harris should now go to IR.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Justin Simmons suffered because of the current coaching staff ? .. Simmons has a lot going for him - he's an amazing athlete and seems to have everything a DB needs to be a superstar, but his downfall has been the fact that he is out of position way too much ... I'm wondering if a new defensive staff could really get Simmons playing at the next level ..

A guy who I liked as an idea at CB was Ronald Darby, but he tore his ACL last month .. Darby is due to be a FA at the end of this season ...

Last season, he dislocated an ankle and that kept him out of some mid season games, but he returned and helped the Eagles go on to win a SB ..

Darby is only 25, and he might be a guy to keep an eye on as far as a good player who would not command a huge salary ...

There are a few players that didn't finish the season that we'll have to make decisions on - in particular, Sanders and Paradis ..

I suppose with Sanders there will be more of a wait and see approach in regards to his progress .. and I don;t think it would be a good idea to re-sign Paradis to a top contact among centers ..

- Shane Ray being a healthy scratch tells us he'll be somewhere else
- Bradley Roby was awful in his contract year

The Broncos will have a ton of cap space to work with, and that's good news ...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he finishes the year out strong do we take a chance on Nick Mullens? Obviously you don't sign him to a Garrapolo type deal but could he be worth a look if we don't like of the other pending QB's(Joe Flacco, Blake Bortles, etc) or anyone in the draft?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway wanted to sign mike Shanahan last year but Ellis nixed it
This year I expect it to happen
Mike is one of the only guys I can remember who may actually get is a QB

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no Mike Shanahan. The game pasted him buy during his time in Washington. I don't think he has caught up any since.

My favorite two are John Harbaugh and Wade Phillips. Not sure Wade will want to come back after how he was shown the door but he might too.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade is the right answer for me as well thanks for reminding me of that.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no Mike Shanahan. The game pasted him buy during his time in Washington. I don't think he has caught up any since.

My favorite two are John Harbaugh and Wade Phillips. Not sure Wade will want to come back after how he was shown the door but he might too.

Wade doesn’t want to be a head coach, he never wants to be a head coach, he’s fine just being a Defensive Coordinators.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the following people relieved of their duties:
Vance Joseph
Bill Musgrave
Joe Woods
Emmanuel Sanders (I hate to include him)
Brandon Marshall
Darian Stewart

Some potential replacements:
Head Coach:
John Harbaugh
Wade Phillips (Not sure he is interested as Duffman pointed out)

Offensive Coordinator:
Gary Kubiak?

Other areas of need:
CB - I think we need a guy that is #2/#3. I would be interested in Roby as a #3 CB. I think Yadiam can be the #2 next year.

WR - We need a Vet WR with leadership. The only guy I have seen on the Free Agent list is Golden Tate

Backup QB - I would like someone to complete with Hogan.

Preferred Hold Overs:
Zach Azzanni - WR Coach
Sean Kugler - Interior Oline Coach
Mike Sullivan - QB Coach
Reggie Herring - LB Coach
Bill Kollar - DLine Coach

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, I will tell you this Mike Shanahan never did a whole lot without Kubiak

So if we went this way I would be pretty happy

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Mike Shannahan. I would have serious questions about Elway at that point, and really start hoping that Pat's brother wins the hearing against the group leading the team.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised about the amount of fans thinking Shanny returning is a great idea. I'd like Elway to do a wider search this time and pick a good HC.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms says one NFL team will make a substantial offer to Jim Harbuagh

What are the odds Denver is that team?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something you guys are missing Mike Shanahan seemed lost without Gary Kubiak . We just might have the perfect storm again. If it is possible Kubiak showed he has a clue.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this team could go one of 3 ways:
1. Make some small tweaks to the roster to as slightly improved play by the offense and secondary we will be very much in the think of things next year.

2. Blow it all up like Oakland. Trade everyone one that has trade value for max draft picks and rebuild through the draft.

3. Blame the coaching staff and do a gut job there and hire a new coaching staff that will get the most out of the talent on the roster.

I think the right answer is in a combination of the these. To me the team is fairly close talent wise from competing for the playoffs and once in the playoffs anything can happen. This team is capable of beating the best teams in the NFL, and losing to the worst.

I personally don't now that it is a blow everything up time but we need more then a player or to change.
1. The Oline has to play better and be more consistent. Too many penalties much of the year.

2. Need a vet WR that can help mentor the young WRs. Sadly I have come to the reality that Sanders will be cut. Maybe Sutton, Hamilton, and Patrick will grow over the offseason and will not need that veteran leadership, but I am not ready to take that chance.

3. Figure out the secondary. I think if we can resign Roby and continue to develop Yiadom the top 3 CBs are fine. We need another either high in the draft or a vet.

4. He have to keep our high priority vets, especially on defense. Shelby Harris needs to stay. I love Peko but he is getting up there, but maybe on a 1 or 2 year deal it would be worth it.

5. I believe we need to shake up the coaching staff from Vance and the OC and DC. I hope that if Gary goes back to coaching it is in Denver as the OC. I believe we have some assistance coaches that are doing very well and should be retained. We also need to stay in the 3-4 at all costs. Our front 7 is maybe a ILB away from being scary good.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had a crystal ball this would be easier. First off the route I'd take

#2 Blow it up.

Reasons: Ownership is unsettled, No long term HC in place. No QBOTF that you feel is the guy. No idea how long it will take to solve it. Trade Von while he has great value.

What FO thinks 1 & 3 with FA $$$ this year we can fill major holes ride with Keenum one more season. Will draft QB high.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Find our damn QOTF
  2. Build around the draft class of 2018
  3. Get new Head Coach
  4. Elway to relinquish some control to the new HC
  5. Define the Broncos identity as a football team and pour all eggs into that basket.

Oh.....and beat the damn Raiders on Christmas Eve. I don't deserve coal in my stocking this year.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be shocked to see Case to be the QB next year. I would say 75/25 that he starts week 1.

As far as HC I am worried we will end up with another 1st year HC. Not a fan of Shanny either. John Harbaugh would be cool, but he would need to be fired first.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms says one NFL team will make a substantial offer to Jim Harbuagh

What are the odds Denver is that team?

Best guess if Harbaugh goes anywhere it will be the Packers.

I don’t see Jim and John getting along well.

Not a fact just an opinion for discussion.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know which is a bigger waste of time discussing if Paxton Lynch is an NFL starting QB or if Wade Phillips is a good NFL head coach.