• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best guess if Harbaugh goes anywhere it will be the Packers.

I don’t see Jim and John getting along well.

Not a fact just an opinion for discussion.

What's your thoughts if John hired McCarthy?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of McCarthy. He has never found a DC that can get the defense to play consistently well, and I am not sure that his offense is that good anymore. I believe Rodgers makes his offense look better then it really is.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Harbaugh is off the table unless we trade for him I guess.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Harbaugh was already under contract thru the 2019 season ... Today's announcement was basically just a vote of confidence, and the organization saying that they are considering an extension beyond 2019 ..

The Ravens have reeled off wins vs Oakland, Atlanta, Cincinnati and Tampa Bay since Jackson has become the starter - his one lost coming in KC ... This run has put Baltimore back in the playoff picture ...

Losses to San Diego and Cleveland could change things ..

Be that as it may, there are other fish in the sea .... The one thing I dreaded with Harbaugh was the notion that he'd bring Flacco along

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams can trade coaches and GMs
Speculation that Baltimore wants picks for Harbaugh

Shanahan made sense to me because this team can draft, assemble a super bowl caliber defense , quality running game but has a lullaby passing offense

Shanahan I bet could get more out of Keenum but more importantly identify a rookie Qb

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring Shannan in to help with the draft annalysis and find a coach that is viable. I am starting to warm up on the Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another name for HC that I heard mentioned the other day was Charger's OC - Ken Whisenhunt. Obviously having a good year with the Chargers and comes with 5 years of HC experience with the Cardinals. Also stints with the Titans and Steelers. Was part of the coaching staff that won the Super Bowl with the Steelers and took the Cardinals to their first Super Bowl ever in 2008 as the head coach. I've always liked Whisenhunt. No nonsense kinda guy.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring Shannan in to help with the draft annalysis and find a coach that is viable. I am starting to warm up on the Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy.

Isn't this VJ type hire part II. Seems like a guy with HC exp would be a choice this time. Just asking

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this VJ type hire part II. Seems like a guy with HC exp would be a choice this time. Just asking

Yeah, I'm not sure how much Bieniemy is controlling that offense vs. the work of Andy Reid. He's a very new OC and without Mahommes, I'm not sure he'd look so bright. I love former CU Buffs but we're in the middle of that experiment right now and it's not going too well.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be my preference but there seems to be a shortage of those guys. If you look at the success the past Reid coordinators have had we could do worse potentially. He would also bring some of the college games lay calling to Denver.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have a few things going for them going into next season, and also, for as long as they are in Denver-

1) We've got a strength in our defense and the pass rush, which leads me to the forever advantage the Broncos will have..

2) Playing in Denver, in the altitude, with a loud fan base - and in winter conditions come playoff time - I think having a pass rush is the perfect compliment to the home field advantage as the coming into Denver- in Dec and Jan esp- can be daunting for opposing offenses ..

What compliments these two strong points is an offense that does not rely on finesse, and can impose its will by running the ball and using the TEs to wear teams down in the 4th quarter ..

I think Daesean Hamilton is a great fit for this type of offense as, even though he has only a few catches so far, it seems as if he's been on the field blocking every time there is a big run or run after the catch ...

There was one shot during the last game on the Broncos offense in the huddle, and the ground level camera shot showed just how big Sutton is - he looked huge standing next to the other players, and with his talents and ability to box out and use his size, he is another perfect fit ...

Jano too

What I am getting at is that this team needs some big, imposing TEs who can block and push around not only DBs but LBs too ...

We had some great success with House Carswell at TE and Howard Griffith at FB .... If I remember correctly, Carswell even played some guard at some point .....

I don;t think a new coaching staff should necessarily feel compelled to jump into the offense dejour that the NFL seems to be heading towards .... When teams like KC and the Rams start having success with a particular philosophy and style, you have every opposing defense game planning, preparing and even filling their roster with the idea of stopping these types of offenses ..

And when other teams have had success, if seems to me that it is already passe ....

I'd love to see the Broncos build their offense into a big powerful machine that can control the ball in freezing temps and force their style on defense who would be worn down and frustrated by the end of the game ..

The NFL isn;t going to see too many QBs like Peyton Manning, some of those offenses we had early on with Manning put up huge numbers, but what won us the Super Bowl was a scary good defense .. Why try to keep up with teams like KC when you can build a team that has the ability to just run them into the ground physically ??

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have a few things going for them going into next season, and also, for as long as they are in Denver-

1) We've got a strength in our defense and the pass rush, which leads me to the forever advantage the Broncos will have..

2) Playing in Denver, in the altitude, with a loud fan base - and in winter conditions come playoff time - I think having a pass rush is the perfect compliment to the home field advantage as the coming into Denver- in Dec and Jan esp- can be daunting for opposing offenses ..

What compliments these two strong points is an offense that does not rely on finesse, and can impose its will by running the ball and using the TEs to wear teams down in the 4th quarter ..

I think Daesean Hamilton is a great fit for this type of offense as, even though he has only a few catches so far, it seems as if he's been on the field blocking every time there is a big run or run after the catch ...

There was one shot during the last game on the Broncos offense in the huddle, and the ground level camera shot showed just how big Sutton is - he looked huge standing next to the other players, and with his talents and ability to box out and use his size, he is another perfect fit ...

Jano too

What I am getting at is that this team needs some big, imposing TEs who can block and push around not only DBs but LBs too ...

We had some great success with House Carswell at TE and Howard Griffith at FB .... If I remember correctly, Carswell even played some guard at some point .....

I don;t think a new coaching staff should necessarily feel compelled to jump into the offense dejour that the NFL seems to be heading towards .... When teams like KC and the Rams start having success with a particular philosophy and style, you have every opposing defense game planning, preparing and even filling their roster with the idea of stopping these types of offenses ..

And when other teams have had success, if seems to me that it is already passe ....

I'd love to see the Broncos build their offense into a big powerful machine that can control the ball in freezing temps and force their style on defense who would be worn down and frustrated by the end of the game ..

The NFL isn;t going to see too many QBs like Peyton Manning, some of those offenses we had early on with Manning put up huge numbers, but what won us the Super Bowl was a scary good defense .. Why try to keep up with teams like KC when you can build a team that has the ability to just run them into the ground physically ??
I think you have to throw the ball to score points. The offense needs to be atleast 24 . Anything more with our D is closer to super bowl

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jano too

I will show my age here but Oreson Mobley was a TE that was great for us. He was primarily a blocking TE but when he did leak out into the flat he was not accounted for and DBs really had no interest in tackling him.

The post above made me think a bit more and if we conform to what the Rams, Eagles, and Chiefs are doing it is easier to defend because defenses see similar offense week in and week out. If you make a defense prepare for something different then they have to think more.

I do believe we have potential to be a very good team if we can have an offense that emohasizes what the players do well. They young WRs are going to be so much better next year with the experience this year. We do need to find an answer at TE. I would love to see us run a ton of 2 TE sets. We have potential to have 3 good TEs in Heurman, Butt (if he can come back), and Fumagali. Although injuries seem to be a problem for 2 of them.

I believe Keenum can be a QB that takes this team far with the proper scheme. Having a franchise QB doesn’t guarantee success. The Colts and Packers are proof of this, although the Colts are rebounding this year. There have been some really average to below average QBs that have won the Super Bowl. If you can have the franchise QB and a solid team around them you have a great chance to compete for a Super Bowl. I also believe if you have a great roster with an average to above average QB you can compete for a Super Bowl.

To me the biggest issue in the passing game is the TE position. If you can make a defense play the hole field and not roll coverage to the outside it is way easier to move the ball. Also need more creative play calling, like the triple screen called against the Steelers.

This team is closer then it seems to being very good, but need a couple pieces.