• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are all on the same page here. Trading up for Bush wouldn't be worth it. Trading up for White, maybe. But inside the top 10? That would require too much. If Bush falls, then I'd be more interested. I too would rather move up in the 2nd or 3rd if there's some guys we really want.

FWIW, I don't think Burns will make it to 20. I have him as the #1 edge guy in the draft. I know there's a ton of hype on Bosa, but the tape doesn't lie.

Yeah...I'm still a little stunned that 2 ILBs could go in the top 15 picks will all of the top shelf Edge/DT/DE/OL players in this draft, but the top CBs could be sliding and no RB really being touted as a top 25 even in most mocks.

The mock biz is in full force right now...I looked at Walter Football's this morning and Montez Sweat was his guy at 20.

The top of his mock is kind of believable on some level, but I can also see the reported heart condition knocking him down into the 20s.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I'm still a little stunned that 2 ILBs could go in the top 15 picks will all of the top shelf Edge/DT/DE/OL players in this draft, but the top CBs could be sliding and no RB really being touted as a top 25 even in most mocks.

The mock biz is in full force right now...I looked at Walter Football's this morning and Montez Sweat was his guy at 20.

The top of his mock is kind of believable on some level, but I can also see the reported heart condition knocking him down into the 20s.
Just off the reports I've read, Montez Sweat & Bosa project more as a DE, whereas Burns could transition to OLB. Haven't watched the film yet just going off of reports. Any truth to that?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So another
yeah i loved juju. Jarvis jones i thought was a steal, so did some analysts, same with dupree. Watt I was very iff on. Conner i felt we could of got later in the draft...........
so yeah i suck too
Funny same here. I give up but with that said I read a mock draft that has Noah Fant coming to the Steelers. Might not be a back pick but really not sure you can't get the same later in the draft.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just off the reports I've read, Montez Sweat & Bosa project more as a DE, whereas Burns could transition to OLB. Haven't watched the film yet just going off of reports. Any truth to that?

Bosa probably could...Sweat showed the athleticism at the combine to convert, but playing in space is a little different...I know Clowney was a super athletic hand in the dirt DE coming out and HOU switched him to OLB and it took some time for him to adjust.

I think Burns also played mostly as a 43 DE, but I wouldn't let that stop me from taking him...also going off reports of him being able to convert to 34 OLB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bosa probably could...Sweat showed the athleticism at the combine to convert, but playing in space is a little different...I know Clowney was a super athletic hand in the dirt DE coming out and HOU switched him to OLB and it took some time for him to adjust.

I think Burns also played mostly as a 43 DE, but I wouldn't let that stop me from taking him...also going off reports of him being able to convert to 34 OLB.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be....didn't Browns release a S?

One of the mistakes they corrected early for a change.
They traded their 1st round safety from 2017 to the Giants, Jabrill Peppers, in the OBJ trade.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded their 1st round safety from 2017 to the Giants, Jabrill Peppers, in the OBJ trade.

Thanks, I remember Peppers getting moved...I think they are teetering on releasing another DB/S I thought I read somewhere.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's the name that I saw...looks to be a nickel or sub pkg player.
They also cut CB Howard Wilson. I was big on that kid back in 2017 draft coming out of Houston. He injured the same knee in back to back seasons (broken patella '17, patella tear '18). It appears the same injury during training camp of 2017 caused the tear in '18. He spent all of 2017 season on PUP/IR until going through surgery the following offseason, which took him out of the 2018 season. Tough luck for that kid. Patellar tendon tears are almost always career enders. Victor Cruz valiantly came back but it was short-lived.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideal, but I guess you can do that when you don't have to focus on the other 31 teams that much.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideal, but I guess you can do that when you don't have to focus on the other 31 teams that much.
Lots of ammo for trade-ups, this year.

There aren't anywhere near 10 open spots on the roster.

I'd like to see upward movement several times in the first three rounds.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of ammo for trade-ups, this year.

There aren't anywhere near 10 open spots on the roster.

I'd like to see upward movement several times in the first three rounds.

Unless they're trying to restock the ST units, I don't expect them to use all 10 picks in this draft...I have a feeling they will make a move, but I don't expect it to be in the 1st round unless one of their guys makes it past CIN.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they're trying to restock the ST units, I don't expect them to use all 10 picks in this draft...I have a feeling they will make a move, but I don't expect it to be in the 1st round unless one of their guys makes it past CIN.
I can see them having a list of must haves at 20.

And if it gets down to one, they'll try to make a trade up to get the last guy.

Otherwise, yeah, they prefer to stay put and let the draft come to them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see them having a list of must haves at 20.

And if it gets down to one, they'll try to make a trade up to get the last guy.

Otherwise, yeah, they prefer to stay put and let the draft come to them.

I think their pool at 20 will be large enough that one of them will be on the board...especially if OAK goes QB at 4. If one of the Devins starts dropping beyond 12 or so they will make a move.

Round 2 is where I see them maybe being more aggressive.