• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also heard tomline loves the CB from temple, rock ya sin or something??

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves it. And the cap is set to increase every year so these high end contracts aren’t going to be as difficult to work with as they first appear. Not to mention they aren’t going to be shoveling out any big contracts any time soon. TJ, Juju & James are next in line, but they’ll probably wait until 2021 before they sign them long term since they are still on rookie contracts. Mike Hilton should get a mid-range contract next offseason, and maybe Vance McDonald if he can finally stay healthy.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I ain't gonna bitch about Ben getting paid top 5 money, because he is and has earned it. I will bitch about paying Dupree's option for 10 million or whatever it was since I don't think he's doing much of a better job than a lowball guy or rook could do, but that's just for this year, so whatever.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I DO like that he got a metric fuckton of guaranteed money.

Because its sure to piss AB off a LOT.
Yea about roughly 85% of the overall value!

If they ever do get into a bind with cap space this contract won’t be worth restructuring (moving more up front to a signing bonus) since its virtually all guaranteed already. They wouldn’t be able to create much room.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not big on Ya-Sin. Pretty weak in terms of physicality & tackling
Also looks like a 1-yr wonder with terrrrrrrible agility skills. From a smaller school football program, it’s a dicey pick. Boom or bust IMO. His ceiling SHOULD be a mid-to-late 2nd round pick. Which means Tomlin will probably draft him in the 1st round.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ITS TOMLIN hes bigger he likes him . hes a solid round 2 pick. well take round 1
Meh... I’m even hesitant to call him a Rd 2 pick. He’s in the same tier as Treyvon Mullen, Justin Layne, Lonnie Johnson & Julian Love. Really good 3rd Rd picks IMO.

My CB tiers:

1: Murphy & Baker
2: Williams & Oruwairye
3: Ya-Sin & all those names above

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh... I’m even hesitant to call him a Rd 2 pick. He’s in the same tier as Treyvon Mullen, Justin Layne, Lonnie Johnson & Julian Love. Really good 3rd Rd picks IMO.

My CB tiers:

1: Murphy & Baker
2: Williams & Oruwairye
3: Ya-Sin & all those names above
im not disagreeing. THe plus is hes excelled everywhere hes played, even being overlooked at all levels. He does have some draft hype, and a late push from some outlets that he msy be the first corner taken.........but i dont like it. I see artie burns. I wouldnt mind in round 2, just not round 1. I also dont think the steelers view rudolph as a long term solution. THey should try and flip him for some picks.......IMHO

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not disagreeing. THe plus is hes excelled everywhere hes played, even being overlooked at all levels. He does have some draft hype, and a late push from some outlets that he msy be the first corner taken.........but i dont like it. I see artie burns. I wouldnt mind in round 2, just not round 1. I also dont think the steelers view rudolph as a long term solution. THey should try and flip him for some picks.......IMHO
Just too many red flags for my liking. But I could get over it in the 2nd round.

Rudolph... Just because the Steelers shoveled out top dollar to Ben doesn’t mean they are closing the book on Rudolph. But Rudolph was a 3rd Rd pick for a reason. If he was a 1st Rd talent then he wouldn’t have made it past the 2nd Rd at the latest. He has great upside as a pocket passer, but we’ll have to wait & see how he develops. He shouldn’t be viewed as anything more than a backup right now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just too many red flags for my liking. But I could get over it in the 2nd round.

Rudolph... Just because the Steelers shoveled out top dollar to Ben doesn’t mean they are closing the book on Rudolph. But Rudolph was a 3rd Rd pick for a reason. If he was a 1st Rd talent then he wouldn’t have made it past the 2nd Rd at the latest. He has great upside as a pocket passer, but we’ll have to wait & see how he develops. He shouldn’t be viewed as anything more than a backup right now.
ive just heard and read rumors they didnt think he was it. And he didnt make back up last year. Trade him now before everyone else catches on. Keep him for a back up, i dont care, but i personally like dobbs alot, and he stepped forward last year, and i think will continue too.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive just heard and read rumors they didnt think he was it. And he didnt make back up last year. Trade him now before everyone else catches on. Keep him for a back up, i dont care, but i personally like dobbs alot, and he stepped forward last year, and i think will continue too.
Trading him now without any hype wouldn’t net them much at all. Let him develop and win a few preseason games and see if he wins the backup role first.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so I don’t think any of us have officially said our 1st Rd predictions yet... or at least the conversations have gotten so lengthy I have forgotten.

But time to plorst your predictions!

@ATL96Steeler @SteelersPride @Superbelt @thedddd @Maximus Rex @Psych-Ward and anyone else that wants to chime in!

I’m going to predict Devin Bush. Steelers coaches seem to be absolutely smitten with the kid. I wouldn’t like this pick if they had to move up to achieve it but at 20 he seems like the right BPA & need choice. Check off both boxes at once!

Also curious which prospects you DONT want the Steelers to draft in the 1st? For me, it’s either Rock Ya-Sin or Chase Winovich.

Last edited:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I agree no to Rock Ya-Sin and even Greedy Williams who just doesn't want to tackle. Also I hope they don't go TE with Noah Fant because they can get a similar TE later in the draft.
They will probably go db with Baker or Murphy since I doubt Bush will fall to them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so I don’t think any of us have officially said our 1st Rd predictions yet... or at least the conversations have gotten so lengthy I have forgotten.

@ATL96Steeler @SteelersPride @Superbelt @thedddd @Maximus Rex @Psych-Ward and anyone else that wants to chime in!

I’m going to predict Devin Bush. Steelers coaches seem to be absolutely smitten with the kid. I wouldn’t like this pick if they had to move up to achieve it but at 20 he seems like the right BPA & need choice. Check off both boxes at once!

Also curious which prospects you DONT want the Steelers to draft in the 1st? For me, it’s either Rock Ya-Sin or Chase Winovich.

Never draft: Marquise Brown
Will draft: T.J. Hockensen

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I agree no to Rock Ya-Sin and even Greedy Williams who just doesn't want to tackle. Also I hope they don't go TE with Noah Fant because they can get a similar TE later in the draft.
They will probably go db with Baker or Murphy since I doubt Bush will fall to them.
I’m not big on a TE early in the draft. 4th Rd would be my ceiling.

I like both Baker & Murphy, but I’d rather have Murphy. Not as scheme-dependent as Baker.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It comes down to: Who did Tomlin AND Colbert take the time to see personally at their Pro Day?

Tomlin didn't get around much, but when he did, he went to 4 schools.

Clemson, Michigan, West Virginia, LSU, Notre Dame, Alabama

The official visits list doesn't have a lot of first round talent in it.

That leaves the first round eligible field at:

Christian Wilkins and Clelin Ferrell, Devin Bush and Chase Winovich, Greedy Williams and Devin White, Jerry Tillery. Quinnen Williams, and Jonah Williams.

WV has no first rounders, or even first round pretenders. I guess they were in the area. Long would be nice later, and they have some good later round WR's.

Of those, and of who would possibly even be there at 20, I HOPE its Ferrell.

And I would hope they aren't considering Winovich in the first. Would like him in R2 though.

If Brian Burns makes it to

I think Marquise and AJ Brown are both high on their charts. So are Murphy and Baker. Don't sleep on Cody Ford, either. Adderley would also be nice if other players are gone.

I'm hoping it's not a CB, but there is a ton of noise around them and CB's.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My crystal ball is broke......

Only predictions I do is I see a beer and a sammich in my future, say around noon time.....:suds:

I keep hearing about the Devin boys, let's face facts, Shazier probably isn't coming back and even if he does he'll be nothing like the monster he was, linebacker has got to be huge on the board. Still hearing rumblings of us trading up, this time from Rooney. So as always, :noidea: who knows.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Burns is there at 14, they better get on the phones to try and move up for him.

I don't see him getting past Carolina at 16.

I think they could make a trade with Washington. Or whoever ends up with #15, after Dan Snyder fucks up their draft this year.