• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years for Jordan Berry

:puke:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if they need to trade up. At least, not in the 1st round. I'm not really sold on the ILB's that are in this draft as worth it.

I would like to see them reach for the talent they want, instead of settling for the talent that is left when it's their turn. Doesn't mean a trade up in the first, but we might be able to flip one of our 3rds and another pick for another 2nd round pick.

Replaced Bell already, and don't feel any urgency there. Upgraded the CB corps, and that's now actually stable with the starting 5 guys.

Agree on Bell. Don't agree on the CBs. Brian Allen, Joe Haden, Artie Burns, Mike Hilton and Cameron Sutton were our CB corps before signing Steven Nelson. Put in Nelson and take out Allen? Maybe Sutton? I'm still not confident in Burns ability to perform and I'm not sold on Nelson's 2018 breakout season being the norm for him yet.

Lost Brown, that's big. Lost Jesse James, need to replace that. Still have a glaring Shazier sized hole at ILB, need to address that as well. And I would really like to upgrade on Dupree.

The loss of AB, to me, isn't as big as the hole(s) in the LB spot. We have JuJu and a group of young talented and fast WRs. I would rather have James than Xavier, but Vance has been a great pick up for us. I fear we are gonna go to the draft for another TE. LB for me is the main position of need though.

I don't see a need to trade up. James Washington isn't Brown, but I expect him to make a big leap this year. I could see taking a WR at 20, no need to trade up. I could see maybe moving up from the 2nd round pick though.

I'm completely fine with a move up in the 2nd. I just want to see some fire in the front office to actually improve and get the guys they want instead of taking BPA which hasn't really worked out for us in the last 6 years.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens signed Earl Thomas. Big deal or no?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Marquise Brown is DND to me.

He might be the perfect replacement for Antonio Brown, but IDGAF.

We don't need an AB clone that starts out as "Hollywood".

100% agree. Don't even look in his direction.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not missing the point. I just don't agree with you. There's a difference.
Terry u complained that they weren’t doing anything right this instance. They can’t! They can’t do anything immediate. You agreed with that point. Then proceeeded to bitch.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Brown from Washington is a free agent now. Take a look at him or no?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry u complained that they weren’t doing anything right this instance. They can’t! They can’t do anything immediate. You agreed with that point. Then proceeeded to bitch.

I never agreed with you that they can't do anything immediate. I'm complaining that they haven't done anything to fix the issues in the coaching staff and front office ALL OFFSEASON LONG. Since January, nothing to fix the culture problem in the locker room. Getting rid of Joey Porter wasn't the answer. Getting rid of AB wasn't the answer. Letting Bell be a free agent wasn't the answer. They were a product of the problem, not the source of it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Now the Ravens signed Mark Ingram. Jesus Christ.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Bell. Don't agree on the CBs. Brian Allen, Joe Haden, Artie Burns, Mike Hilton and Cameron Sutton were our CB corps before signing Steven Nelson. Put in Nelson and take out Allen? Maybe Sutton? I'm still not confident in Burns ability to perform and I'm not sold on Nelson's 2018 breakout season being the norm for him yet.
Artie is a bum.

The Safeties are Sean Davis and Terrell Edmunds. For better or worse, that isn't changing. The Steelers are satisfied for now.

The CB's are Joe Haden, Steven Nelson and Mike Hilton. I like that. I really LIKE that. I'm fine with Sensabaugh or Sutton as the 4th CB. Just not as a starter.

The Defensive Backfield is set as far as I'm concerned.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never agreed with you that they can't do anything immediate. I'm complaining that they haven't done anything to fix the issues in the coaching staff and front office ALL OFFSEASON LONG. Since January, nothing to fix the culture problem in the locker room. Getting rid of Joey Porter wasn't the answer. Getting rid of AB wasn't the answer. Letting Bell be a free agent wasn't the answer. They were a product of the problem, not the source of it.
Ok

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Artie is a bum.

The Safeties are Sean Davis and Terrell Edmunds. For better or worse, that isn't changing. The Steelers are satisfied for now.

The CB's are Joe Haden, Steven Nelson and Mike Hilton. I like that. I really LIKE that. I'm fine with Sensabaugh or Sutton as the 4th CB. Just not as a starter.

The Defensive Backfield is set as far as I'm concerned.

They won't give up on Burns yet, not after dumping $20 mil in the dead money pool, but I'm fine with the top 5 DBs listed as well. IMO Sensabaugh should not make this team unless he's playing for Sutton's cap hit. That said, because they have failed with Burns and Joe being on his last yr, it wouldn't surprise me if they took a CB at 52, 66, or 84.

If there is a LB they like later in the draft, the Nelson signing allows them to go BPA @ 20.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Now the Ravens signed Mark Ingram. Jesus Christ.

Not big money and not really a stud, solid player. The Browns are clearly winning the offseason so far imo. We'll have to see what that means in September.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't give up on Burns yet, not after dumping $20 mil in the dead money pool, but I'm fine with the top 5 DBs listed as well. IMO Sensabaugh should not make this team unless he's playing for Sutton's cap hit. That said, because they have failed with Burns and Joe being on his last yr, it wouldn't surprise me if they took a CB at 52, 66, or 84.

If there is a LB they like later in the draft, the Nelson signing allows them to go BPA @ 20.
I wonder if Artie Burns could be used as draft day ammo.

He sucks hardcore, but "Change of Scenery" and all that.

Maybe go from Pick #83 in the 3rd round to #65...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Artie Burns could be used as draft day ammo.

He sucks hardcore, but "Change of Scenery" and all that.

Maybe go from Pick #83 in the 3rd round to #65...

I can see that.

What about dumping Dupree and giving Justin Houston that money?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that.

What about dumping Dupree and giving Justin Houston that money?
I'd be fine with that too. I hope they are looking at something like that, seeing as how they tendered him and didn't re-sign him.

Just plugging a hole, for now. Dupree isn't terrible like Burns. But he's also certainly not worth a 9 million cap hit. Houston probably isn't anymore either, and should come cheaper.