• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lot of numbers support him getting better and better, and being highly rated, and like i said check the FA rankings
I think I had him mixed up with that Breeland guy...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That OBJ deal is a killer. Giants get the 17th pick in this years draft and Jabrill Peppers. We get a 3rd and a 5th for AB. Jesus Christ. I'm gonna be sick. There is no reason to look forward to this season right now. Lets just look at what the teams in the AFC North have done.

Baltimore Ravens - Re-signed tight end Nick Boyle and traded Joe Flacco for a 4th round pick
Cincinnati Bengals - Re-signed Preston Brown and Bobby Hart
Cleveland Browns - Signed Breshad Perriman, Sheldon Richardson, Greg Robinson and traded Jabrill Peppers, their 1st round pick this year and 3rd round pick next year for Odell Beckham Jr.
Pittsburgh Steelers - Re-signed Ramon Foster, signed Steven Nelson and traded Antonio Brown for a 3rd and a 5th round pick.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That OBJ deal is a killer. Giants get the 17th pick in this years draft and Jabrill Peppers. We get a 3rd and a 5th for AB. Jesus Christ. I'm gonna be sick. There is no reason to look forward to this season right now. Lets just look at what the teams in the AFC North have done.

Baltimore Ravens - Re-signed tight end Nick Boyle and traded Joe Flacco for a 4th round pick
Cincinnati Bengals - Re-signed Preston Brown and Bobby Hart
Cleveland Browns - Signed Breshad Perriman, Sheldon Richardson, Greg Robinson and traded Jabrill Peppers, their 1st round pick this year and 3rd round pick next year for Odell Beckham Jr.
Pittsburgh Steelers - Re-signed Ramon Foster, signed Steven Nelson and traded Antonio Brown for a 3rd and a 5th round pick.
straight up. As hard as it is to fathom. Browns are building a dynasty

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Browns are building a dynasty, the Ravens are doing what they need to do to stay youthful and competitive, the Bengals are doing Bengal things as always and here we are, stuck in the past, doing what we always do, and while we do that, teams in our division and conference are passing us by. It's infuriating.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are building a dynasty, the Ravens are doing what they need to do to stay youthful and competitive, the Bengals are doing Bengal things as always and here we are, stuck in the past, doing what we always do, and while we do that, teams in our division and conference are passing us by. It's infuriating.
lol what do u want us to do right now? honestly? we jsut signed a good CB, biggest splash in five years in FA.....we cleared out some of our problems, and we have to take back control of the locker room and team.........period. what else can they do

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, whatever. Doesn't move the needle much one way or the other.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Nelson signing. As for Chickillo for that much if they are going to finally let Dupree go or do you think they will sign his 5th year option? If anything hopefully they resign Dupree for less than what his 5th year option dictates.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Nelson signing. As for Chickillo for that much if they are going to finally let Dupree go or do you think they will sign his 5th year option? If anything hopefully they resign Dupree for less than what his 5th year option dictates.
i think thye will sign the option, they dont wanna lock him up, but they have no other options

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have the cap room, and the many roster holes where moves like this can only be positive.

Also, taking advantage of a bad move by the Giants (but still better than what Pitt did) to make that particular upgrade.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/steelersb_logo.gif

steelersb_logo.gif
Steelers sign CB Steven Nelson (3 years, $25.5 million): A- Grade
The Steelers don't often make huge splash moves in free agency. In fact, they signed one player ranked at three stars or higher in the two offseasons prior to this one, which was Morgan Burnett. They're making another splash acquisition here with a defensive back by signing Steven Nelson.

Nelson made a huge jump in performance last year, playing on a high level for the Chiefs. Nelson was Kansas City's best defensive back. I know that's not saying much, but he's definitely worth a big contract. In fact, it could be argued that Nelson should've been paid more. Not only is he a talented cornerback, but he's also young. Nelson is just 25, so the sky is the limit for him.

I reserve grades in the "A" range for great bargain deals, and I'd say this qualifies as one.

Read more: 2018 NFL Free Agent Grades: WalterFootball.com

Read more at 2018 NFL Free Agent Grades: WalterFootball.com

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we have to take back control of the locker room and team.........period. what else can they do

You ask what else can they do and you answered your own question. You act like without the distractions of Bell and Brown, this team is back to being the normal Steelers but we aren't because we have the same problematic coaching staff and front office. There's a LOT more they can do in the draft if they choose to deviate from the Steeler norm, but they won't do that because the front office is stubborn. Signing Steven Nelson is great but it's not a season changing, team changing move.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ask what else can they do and you answered your own question. You act like without the distractions of Bell and Brown, this team is back to being the normal Steelers but we aren't because we have the same problematic coaching staff and front office. There's a LOT more they can do in the draft if they choose to deviate from the Steeler norm, but they won't do that because the front office is stubborn. Signing Steven Nelson is great but it's not a season changing, team changing move.
So I was right , there’s nothing else they can do right now?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was right , there’s nothing else they can do right now?

No, you were not right.

and we have to take back control of the locker room and team

They have yet to take back control of the locker room and the team. That's what they need to do. That didn't happen just by losing Bell and AB. This is an ongoing thing that needed to start during the offseason. Firing the RB coach, keeping the DC and hiring Tom Bradley as DB coach were not the correct moves to do that.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh Steelers are set up to trade up in 2019 NFL Draft

"The Steelers have lost stars. You don’t replace stars with contributors and expect to maintain the same level of play. The solution is obvious, trade up."
I don't know if they need to trade up. At least, not in the 1st round. I'm not really sold on the ILB's that are in this draft as worth it.

Replaced Bell already, and don't feel any urgency there. Upgraded the CB corps, and that's now actually stable with the starting 5 guys.

Lost Brown, that's big. Lost Jesse James, need to replace that. Still have a glaring Shazier sized hole at ILB, need to address that as well. And I would really like to upgrade on Dupree.

I don't see a need to trade up. James Washington isn't Brown, but I expect him to make a big leap this year. I could see taking a WR at 20, no need to trade up. I could see maybe moving up from the 2nd round pick though.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Marquise Brown is DND to me.

He might be the perfect replacement for Antonio Brown, but IDGAF.

We don't need an AB clone that starts out as "Hollywood".

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you were not right.

They have yet to take back control of the locker room and the team. That's what they need to do. That didn't happen just by losing Bell and AB. This is an ongoing thing that needed to start during the offseason. Firing the RB coach, keeping the DC and hiring Tom Bradley as DB coach were not the correct moves to do that.
Ugh you miss the point man