• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they have the ammo to move up into the top 10-15 in the 1st, but a higher 2nd should be on the table. I'd give up one of those 3rd Rders if the right trade-up for the right player is available. They need impact players now, not raw/developmental type guys that Tomlin wets his pants over. They cannot afford to miss on their top 3 Rds. Tall order for sure, but with so many holes to fill in just a 1-2 year window... Desperate times I tell ya.[/QUOTE]

Only 5 spots to get to 15, but that won't be enough to get White and we know that's not how Colbert rolls anyway. If he does make a move it'll be in the 2nd/3rd round maybe.

As it stands...they will either take Devin Bush if he's there, else they will take one of the CBs sure to be on the board.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking forward to the upcoming season. However, I do think things will get much better in 2020. This season might be rough, but the Steelers can go into the following season with a new head coach and some better draft picks. Even if we have to deal with one pretty bad season in order to truly get that much needed turnaround, it will be well worth it. Going to have to build this thing up again.

I'm not ready to concede '19 yet, nor do I have any real expectations of making the playoffs aside from the DIV is still pretty shitty.

Not trying to burst any bubbles here, but MT is under-contract thru the '20 season iirc and based on the MO of this organization he's going to coach it out and then not be retained so we might need to tack another yr onto those optimistic thoughts.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they have the ammo to move up into the top 10-15 in the 1st, but a higher 2nd should be on the table. I'd give up one of those 3rd Rders if the right trade-up for the right player is available. They need impact players now, not raw/developmental type guys that Tomlin wets his pants over. They cannot afford to miss on their top 3 Rds. Tall order for sure, but with so many holes to fill in just a 1-2 year window... Desperate times I tell ya.

Only 5 spots to get to 15, but that won't be enough to get White and we know that's not how Colbert rolls anyway. If he does make a move it'll be in the 2nd/3rd round maybe.

As it stands...they will either take Devin Bush if he's there, else they will take one of the CBs sure to be on the board.[/QUOTE]
Steelers didn't get good return on Antonio Brown, but Kevin Colbert has ammunition to make a big move on draft night

i think they do have the ammo, but i think they need to get inside 10 to get white after that combine

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As it stands...they will either take Devin Bush if he's there, else they will take one of the CBs sure to be on the board.
Steelers didn't get good return on Antonio Brown, but Kevin Colbert has ammunition to make a big move on draft night

i think they do have the ammo, but i think they need to get inside 10 to get white after that combine[/QUOTE]

There is some buzz about Roby...if they make that or another comparable CB happen in FA (Colbert has to be feeling a little peeved right about now) then he can be more aggressive in the draft, but I still think he'll be content to stay at 20.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knowing our recent luck they'll take a Lineman or TE in the 1st Rd leaving us very confused...

dean-what-gif.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew we didn't have a chance for Collins... BUt damn that dude got paid

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i lied darby i think was who i wanted to kick the tires on, f it i dont care, any cb helps

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish JJ the best...limited skillset, but imo never got enough targets in PIT imo, glad to see him cash in.

Would rather have him over Xavier. Begs the question, is the TE position on our draft boards? Caleb Wilson from UCLA might be a great option with the 2nd round pick if that's the case.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would rather have him over Xavier. Begs the question, is the TE position on our draft boards? Caleb Wilson from UCLA might be a great option with the 2nd round pick if that's the case.
i think u can get caleb way later than the second.......could be wrong........hes projected 2 on a few sites , 3-5 on most others........

but the te class is so deep with receiving threats

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think u can get caleb way later than the second.......could be wrong........hes projected 2 on a few sites , 3-5 on most others........

but the te class is so deep with receiving threats

The guy from Bama, forgot his name. Irv Smith? He's a good prospect as well. Ideally for me, we don't draft a TE. I like Austin Sefarian-Jenkins in free agency. I know he hasn't been the most efficient tight end but he's young and he's about the same size as Vance and he will be cheap. We wouldn't use him as a trusted target, in my mind. Maybe use him as a blocker for Conner/Samuels. Maybe use him as a surprise target on goal line situations? Who knows. Best part about him is he would be cheap.

We should be defense heavy this draft. I'm really really really really hoping (not holding my breath though) we put a package together to trade up higher in the first. Now that we have 10 draft picks, we have the picks to put something together to move up.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy from Bama, forgot his name. Irv Smith? He's a good prospect as well. Ideally for me, we don't draft a TE. I like Austin Sefarian-Jenkins in free agency. I know he hasn't been the most efficient tight end but he's young and he's about the same size as Vance and he will be cheap. We wouldn't use him as a trusted target, in my mind. Maybe use him as a blocker for Conner/Samuels. Maybe use him as a surprise target on goal line situations? Who knows. Best part about him is he would be cheap.

We should be defense heavy this draft. I'm really really really really hoping (not holding my breath though) we put a package together to trade up higher in the first. Now that we have 10 draft picks, we have the picks to put something together to move up.
irv had a bad combine, and is undersized. im hoping we move up as well. i think we can use vance just fine, and use X to block.....i wouldnt waste a pick on a tight end , at least not in the first four rounds, thats just me though.......i would lvoe to package and move up for the LB but i dont think we have the ammo