• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they announce the trade before he can officially be dealt, and that trade partner is an undesirable location for a WR.... then buckle up.

AB is going to pull out all the stops he can this weekend. Parents hide your children.... or at least don’t take them near any balconies in downtown Miami.

Agreed! Buckle up...BUF might be the name we hear.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...This likely means Gilbert will not be released so Ben gets his horses back intact...we should hear something about an extension for Ben soon.
Looks like Gilbert is gone.

Honestly, this is the right move, he's a very good player, but he's had too many injuries, he's just not on the field enough.

We never missed a step with his backup, either.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Gilbert is gone.

Honestly, this is the right move, he's a very good player, but he's had too many injuries, he's just not on the field enough.

We never missed a step with his backup, either.

Good news!

I don't mean to wish a player ill will, but this one just did not make good sense...was really hoping they moved on from Gilbert. By that tweet, I sounds like they have moved on. Feiler and Okorafor will battle for the LT job.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news!

I don't mean to wish a player ill will, but this one just did not make good sense...was really hoping they moved on from Gilbert. By that tweet, I sounds like they have moved on. Feiler and Okorafor will battle for the LT job.

Don't forget Jerald Hawkins, who was on IR. We have three tackles to fight it out in camp to take that RT job, and I like all of them.

Also, Gilbert is being shopped. Not released.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Jerald Hawkins, who was on IR. We have three tackles to fight it out in camp to take that RT job, and I like all of them.

Also, Gilbert is being shopped. Not released.

Thanks for the correction....if he can suit up that makes sense.

I think Okorafor or Feiler will win the job, but I had kinda forgotten about Hawkins who some felt was on the fast track before the injuries. What's interesting is they're saying the loser will likely take over the swing OT job, and Feiler has never player LT in a NFL game, so if Okorafor does win the job, does he move to LT and Feiler fills in RT if there is a need?

Both Hawkins and Okorafor have played some LT...not sure about in NFL games.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sad to see him go, but it was time. Getting a 6th was a nice win too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sad to see him go, but it was time. Getting a 6th was a nice win too.

Not sad at all...he had a good run, made some nice cash, should be set for life financially.

Getting anything at this point is a positive.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sad at all...he had a good run, made some nice cash, should be set for life financially.

Getting anything at this point is a positive.
Sad in the he was a good player who didn't cause problems and now his run is over sense. But it's absolutely the right move.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well tahts some shit compensation

It's a done deal...I'm not going to pretend to like the trade, but AB is out...a 3rd and 5th was probably the best Colbert could get.

I know some will say they gave him away and they did, but I get the sense that Art II wanted to move on...so they have moved on.

No complaint from me.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking hell.

Seriously, would rather tank his career than have let him leave for that.

Hoping his first play is a kick return, and his knee explodes.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i knew he wasnt gonna bring much not with that contract BS, and him basically limiting the teams.......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers 2019 Offseason Recap:
  • Fired Joey Porter. Necessary subtraction we can all agree.
  • Fired James Saxon for no good reason at all
  • Lost Mike Munchak in parallel move.
  • Hired a former Cincy Bunghole DC as a defensive assistant to the secondary since Tom Bradley sucks a bag of dicks.
  • Decided to stick with Keith Butler. Yeehaw.
  • Traded Antonio Brown for a 3rd Rd pick & a fluff 5th Rder, and still have to eat $21m in dead cap.
  • About to let Le'Veon Bell walk, expecting a 3rd Rd comp pick in 2020.

On the surface... This team has gotten markedly worse and continues to get worse each month. I'm going to drink my inner-optimist into submission.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers 2019 Offseason Recap:
  • Fired Joey Porter. Necessary subtraction we can all agree.
  • Fired James Saxon for no good reason at all
  • Lost Mike Munchak in parallel move.
  • Hired a former Cincy Bunghole DC as a defensive assistant to the secondary since Tom Bradley sucks a bag of dicks.
  • Decided to stick with Keith Butler. Yeehaw.
  • Traded Antonio Brown for a 3rd Rd pick & a fluff 5th Rder, and still have to eat $21m in dead cap.
  • About to let Le'Veon Bell walk, expecting a 3rd Rd comp pick in 2020.

On the surface... This team has gotten markedly worse and continues to get worse each month. I'm going to drink my inner-optimist into submission.
  • Extending Maurkice Pouncey for 3 years.
  • Signing Ramon Foster to new deal.
  • Trading Gilbert for a 6th Rd pick.
Lost amongst my angst were these moves. Pouncey was necessary with just 1 yr remaining. Glad they didn't break the bank to retain Foster, but I would have been happier letting him walk & using that $4m cap space elsewhere. They just tendered Finney at ~$3m, so I don't know why they wanted to keep Foster. It's a good move for OL depth, but it comes at the cost of making any relevant moves in FA. Guess it keeps Ben happy which is important. Trading Gil for nothing more than a 6th Rd pick was a neutral move IMO. Its getting something in return for most likely cutting him anyways is a good strategy, but a 6th Rd pick isn't anything to marvel over. Ignore the pick and consider the cap room it saves. That's something more valuable to them now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Extending Maurkice Pouncey for 3 years.
  • Signing Ramon Foster to new deal.
  • Trading Gilbert for a 6th Rd pick.
Lost amongst my angst were these moves. Pouncey was necessary with just 1 yr remaining. Glad they didn't break the bank to retain Foster, but I would have been happier letting him walk & using that $4m cap space elsewhere. They just tendered Finney at ~$3m, so I don't know why they wanted to keep Foster. It's a good move for OL depth, but it comes at the cost of making any relevant moves in FA. Guess it keeps Ben happy which is important. Trading Gil for nothing more than a 6th Rd pick was a neutral move IMO. Its getting something in return for most likely cutting him anyways is a good strategy, but a 6th Rd pick isn't anything to marvel over. Ignore the pick and consider the cap room it saves. That's something more valuable to them now.
kinda feel like they gave pouncy a little too much, but thats ok. i think the foster deal for two years was spot on TBH, not bank breaking, and hes been solid AF

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda feel like they gave pouncy a little too much, but thats ok. i think the foster deal for two years was spot on TBH, not bank breaking, and hes been solid AF
I wouldn't go as far to call him solid AF, but solid to above-average maybe. IMO he's been declining. Not rapidly, but his bad tape is starting to show up more frequently. At 33 years old its not good to depend on him, but that's why they tendered Finney at $3m. Feels like another band-aid solution to prolong the transition yet again. Finney is more than ready to replace his current level of production.

Just not a fan of it when they have a viable solution in place to free up that cap space and use it elsewhere where they need it more. Basically they are tying up 2 starting cap salaries to 1 single position. Risky move but quality OL depth is a premium in this league.