• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Free Agents

Cactus Jack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate it. Becoming less & less of a fan of Cable.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These signings are JS. Coaches don't have time to scout players across the league.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These signings are JS. Coaches don't have time to scout players across the league.

They might not have time to scout players across the league, but he could certainly lay out the criteria for what he wants in an offensive lineman for Schneider to base his decisions off of.

Cactus Jack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but the coaches have input on the type of player they prefer. Not a fan of his willingness to overlook physical ability for toughness. Sweezy may have been a tough, gritty player but the dude had major flaws to his game. Same goes for Britt, Nowak, etc.

Cactus Jack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are talking to Okung.
I was OK with letting him leave. But, after the recent signings, I think its almost a necessity that he re-signs. Webb as the starting LT/RT would be catastrophic imo.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might not have time to scout players across the league, but he could certainly lay out the criteria for what he wants in an offensive lineman for Schneider to base his decisions off of.

Sure, but the coaches have input on the type of player they prefer. Not a fan of his willingness to overlook physical ability for toughness. Sweezy may have been a tough, gritty player but the dude had major flaws to his game. Same goes for Britt, Nowak, etc.

By now I'm sure JS knows what Cable likes, lots of OL actually fit what Cable likes, some of them can actual pass block. Unfortunately I'm not sure those types were available and fit the budget. Even if Okung signs with the Seahawks, I feel how the Seahawks do drafting OL is the key to future success. Having Okung would help hedge their picks. By that I mean they can draft a LT and if he can't handle LT they could try him at RT or guard and still fill a need and Okung can stay at LT. Okung leaves, then they have strike gold with their pick for LT.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow i guarantee that Cable had Input on these OLineman signings, thinking he didn't would be asinine. As far as time to scout these players Cable has had from January to NOW to scout the FA or potential released players and you know he has or should have if he was worth his salary.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow i guarantee that Cable had Input on these OLineman signings, thinking he didn't would be asinine. As far as time to scout these players Cable has had from January to NOW to scout the FA or potential released players and you know he has or should have if he was worth his salary.
He not the GM, so he's not scouting vets. Not a lot of games being played once the Seahawks are finished playing anyway. In the draft it's a bit different, he works out potential OL and gives his 2 cents and his 2 cents carries a lot of weight.

I'm sure JS ran these vet signings by both Pete and Cable, but these players were chosen by JS after sifting thru FA OL.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna guess cable loves webb. Time to stop letting cable make the OL decisions.

He's done enough to allow us to get by... W/out him, we wouldn't had been able to dump money into the defense, Lynch, Graham, RW...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. But it's Schneider's job to find guys that fit that criteria. What's to say that he's not failing in that respect?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done enough to allow us to get by... W/out him, we wouldn't had been able to dump money into the defense, Lynch, Graham, RW...

How much of that is wilson running for his life and making plays? Tired of the mindset that we cant do better than cable and bevell.

We can.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of that is wilson running for his life and making plays? Tired of the mindset that we cant do better than cable and bevell.

We can.

Does he do it every play? You seem to think so...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can.

What bothers me is people blaming those 2 for issues on the offense (the 4th scoring offense in the league :L) and letting anyone else thats involved (Carroll, Schneider, Wilson, etc.) slide on blame any time they come up short.

To me, this is rocket science. You put most of your resources in to defense and the offense will always look like the weak link. But the team as a whole is good enough for me to believe that shaking up the coaching staff is far from foolproof strategy to improve the team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking for myself, I just want a OL that can protect RW better then what we saw last season in the first half. Protecting your franchise QB should be important , maybe more so then simply having a good run blocking line. Some where in the middle would be fine. So far I'm not seeing it, but it's early so still hopefull.:hope:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable is a poopy-head.

Wash-rinse-repeat.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking for myself, I just want a OL that can protect RW better then what we saw last season in the first half. Protecting your franchise QB should be important , maybe more so then simply having a good run blocking line. Some where in the middle would be fine. So far I'm not seeing it, but it's early so still hopefull.:hope:

Agreed.

We saw some shitty pass pro last year. But what we also saw is that protection is not just about linemen blocking. It's a concept involving everyone on the offense. Receivers have to get open on time. TEs have to chip. RBs have to pick up free rushers. QBs have to recognize the blitz presnap, work the snap count, feel the rush and get the ball out quickly. And what we saw over the second half of the year last year was the team take big strides in protection by improving in ALL of these areas, which is encouraging considering that at the beginning of the year they were still a heavy run first offense.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't sound like much, but in the past the Seahawks have brought in these unheralded DL and gotten some value from them.
Not a bad deal for the Hawks. You get a good teammate at a good price. Primarily a run stopper. Takes up space. You won't get a huge push up the middle from him. At least they didn't in NE. He was used to contain not push the pocket. I hope he does well for you.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He not the GM, so he's not scouting vets. Not a lot of games being played once the Seahawks are finished playing anyway. In the draft it's a bit different, he works out potential OL and gives his 2 cents and his 2 cents carries a lot of weight.

I'm sure JS ran these vet signings by both Pete and Cable, but these players were chosen by JS after sifting thru FA OL.

I am Sure JS, Pete and the ASSISTANT HC Cable all sat down together and made a list of players they would like to look at. I also have NO DOUBTS IN MY MIND that they all "Pete, Cable and John" have watched film on the guys they signed. No Way JS would say Hey here is the Guys we are bringing in. JS, Pete and Cable NEVER have worked that way. They all have equal Say in it but that's what stinks. Cable has no clue how to Coach these guys in todays day and age and shouldn't have a say in a DAMN thing, he has not EARNED that right. Maybe if some of these guys at least ONE of them, had got better but he can't be O For 5 or 6 or what ever it is and still feel like he knows what he is doing let alone Pete and John letting him sift through talent that he couldn't grade if he had their grades right in front of his nose.

I feel Cable has this HUGE ego and thinks he can turn a pile of trash into a Pro-bowl Olineman. We have seen him turn Pro-bowl Olineman into trash that's one thing we HAVE seen lol. Cables hands were involved in those OL signings as much and maybe even more than John and Petes.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

We saw some shitty pass pro last year. But what we also saw is that protection is not just about linemen blocking. It's a concept involving everyone on the offense. Receivers have to get open on time. TEs have to chip. RBs have to pick up free rushers. QBs have to recognize the blitz presnap, work the snap count, feel the rush and get the ball out quickly. And what we saw over the second half of the year last year was the team take big strides in protection by improving in ALL of these areas, which is encouraging considering that at the beginning of the year they were still a heavy run first offense.
Yes they improved doing these thing. Seemed to make a point of throwing the ball quickly. However I take the improvement with a grain of salt in the second half because I felt the defenses they were throwing on were suspect and when they ran into teams with good defenses like the Rams it was the same old experience. To many weak links when it comes to pass blocking last year. Needs to be address before RW gets hurt. The center of the OL needed upgrading last year, both guards and center, now LT might be added to the problem.