• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free Agents

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is no one's breaking down the door, yet. I'd prefer to get it done before draft so the FO can use that LB pick on another position in need.

I would think that it will be done before the draft. It wouldn't surprise me if he was simply waiting for the team to get all their cap stuff cleared up so he wouldn't appear to be taking someone else's job.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LJ Collier signing with the Cardinals.

• You're Funny
Reactions: MrS

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that it will be done before the draft. It wouldn't surprise me if he was simply waiting for the team to get all their cap stuff cleared up so he wouldn't appear to be taking someone else's job.
That's a good point

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LJ Collier signing with the Cardinals.
Kenneth Walker Jr licking his chops

tiger licking GIF by Nat Geo Wild

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean who knows, maybe LJ will find a change of scenery better. What was frustrating with LJ (outside of some injuries) is we just really never played him. He had 50% snaps or so his 2nd year where he did OKAY (not great or anything) and then he just kept falling off a cliff. I was really surprised he was even kept on the roster last year. I know a lot of us were scratching our heads and laughing that he survived the PS/final cut. And then while retaining him, he was barely on the field? :scratch:

I dunno why they took him in the first place. They tried him basically everywhere along the line and he just sucked at all of them lol. I think he just got out-muscled in the NFL. He was never athletic to begin with (especially for a 1st let alone 2nd rounder). He apparently had a big motor and rugged attitude, but that doesn't matter if you just get pushed around by bigger/stronger guys.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean who knows, maybe LJ will find a change of scenery better. What was frustrating with LJ (outside of some injuries) is we just really never played him. He had 50% snaps or so his 2nd year where he did OKAY (not great or anything) and then he just kept falling off a cliff. I was really surprised he was even kept on the roster last year. I know a lot of us were scratching our heads and laughing that he survived the PS/final cut. And then while retaining him, he was barely on the field? :scratch:

I dunno why they took him in the first place. They tried him basically everywhere along the line and he just sucked at all of them lol. I think he just got out-muscled in the NFL. He was never athletic to begin with (especially for a 1st let alone 2nd rounder). He apparently had a big motor and rugged attitude, but that doesn't matter if you just get pushed around by bigger/stronger guys.

He was injured to start the year last so they couldn't cut him.

Collier was a tweener that they hoped could play that traditional Elephant role on the DL. But it simply never developed any sort of effective techniques to penetrate the OL. His remarkably few TFLs/Sacks were almost all based on broken plays by the defense. I would be shocked if it sticks around the NFL for more than a year or two.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was injured to start the year last so they couldn't cut him.

Collier was a tweener that they hoped could play that traditional Elephant role on the DL. But it simply never developed any sort of effective techniques to penetrate the OL. His remarkably few TFLs/Sacks were almost all based on broken plays by the defense. I would be shocked if it sticks around the NFL for more than a year or two.

Yah I guess. I mean that was Bennett's role, right? I think Carroll for years has been trying to find a Bennett replacement and just hasn't... maybe Jones will become that (he played all over the place too and certainly has the proven pass rush to match what Bennett did).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well! Some of us got our wish! Bobby Wagner is back on a 1 year $7M deal (per Schefter - reliable source)! Surely shores up our ILB crew some but we still need to focus on it during the draft and keep Wagner I'd say off the field a little more than we normally did. I'd like to see him only out there for 75-85% snaps. Either way this will be amazing for Mafe, Bush, and whoever we draft assuming they're at LB.

Going to be VERY interesting at this point to see how the Hawks free up the cap. Trade Fant? Do the insane and release Adams post 6/1, cut Mone, etc? Because pretty sure given 1 year $7M there's not even enough to sign the two first rounders we have.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well! Some of us got our wish! Bobby Wagner is back on a 1 year $7M deal (per Schefter - reliable source)! Surely shores up our ILB crew some but we still need to focus on it during the draft and keep Wagner I'd say off the field a little more than we normally did. I'd like to see him only out there for 75-85% snaps. Either way this will be amazing for Mafe, Bush, and whoever we draft assuming they're at LB.

Going to be VERY interesting at this point to see how the Hawks free up the cap. Trade Fant? Do the insane and release Adams post 6/1, cut Mone, etc? Because pretty sure given 1 year $7M there's not even enough to sign the two first rounders we have.
This is great news!!!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news!!!

Yep! We still gotta free up some cap space but ILB was definitely our biggest need going into the draft along with NT. Now I'll still say ILB is a need but this helps keep things a bit under control.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price seems right so good deal. Seahawks are going to have to create cap space which should be interesting.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to have Bobby back and on the cheap.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to have Bobby back and on the cheap.

Eh $7M still isn't cheap (but a good signing, I'll give it an A) because as a result we have to cut someone else (moreso than the vet minimum guys) to sign draft picks and this basically means we're done in free agency. Would a cut be Jamal Adams (post 6/1) saving about $9M this year (although we get nailed next year - but that's okay) because that's about what we need for the rookies - or a restructure to Diggs/Lockett (which is eh....). If nobody matches for Ryan Neal I could honestly see a 6/1 cut for Adams. Carroll has talked on his injury and Adams (despite an EARLY season injury -hell he didn't even last a 1 game lol) is not necessarily good to go for training camp which is even more ridiculous to me then his contract.

And I'll eat crow on that one. I thought it was a great trade for Adams that Seattle made... woops. Fucked that up, one of the worst trades (given the contract) in franchise history.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh $7M still isn't cheap (but a good signing, I'll give it an A) because as a result we have to cut someone else (moreso than the vet minimum guys) to sign draft picks and this basically means we're done in free agency. Would a cut be Jamal Adams (post 6/1) saving about $9M this year (although we get nailed next year - but that's okay) because that's about what we need for the rookies - or a restructure to Diggs/Lockett (which is eh....). If nobody matches for Ryan Neal I could honestly see a 6/1 cut for Adams. Carroll has talked on his injury and Adams (despite an EARLY season injury -hell he didn't even last a 1 game lol) is not necessarily good to go for training camp which is even more ridiculous to me then his contract.

And I'll eat crow on that one. I thought it was a great trade for Adams that Seattle made... woops. Fucked that up, one of the worst trades (given the contract) in franchise history.
With the possibility of Dallas and maybe Philly sniffing around, getting Bobby back for 7mil is a reasonable price. Last thing the FO needed was getting into a bidding war. It fills a hole and Seattle doesn't have to spend multiple picks on LB.

I too liked the Adams trade but shit happens and sucks it blew up in our faces. I'm also thinking he's a post June 1 cut but wouldn't be shocked if Pete gave him one more shot.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Neal signed with Tampa Bay

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would of been great to resign him, but with all the money in Adams and Diggs he was likely just to expensive to keep.

And now Love, who will probably be used as nickel but very much could move to safety where needed... but sucks we lost Neal for nothing. I think he has the capability to be a star in the league and if Adams never gets healthy it will just make that trade + signing even worse... (knowing that we could've resigned Neal if Adams wasn't on the roster).