• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is Hall worthy from the 2016 NFL draft?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has a ring after a season he earned MVP. He's on the brink of a Kurt Warner like career Renaissance to get him in the Hall of Fame.
Don't ever mention Warner in Wentz in the same sentence, Warner had a much better career. Wentz doesn't even have 1 playoff win, while Warner went to the playoffs 5 times and won at least 1 game in all but one.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to crap on players but Smith Sr. has 3 All-Pros and 5 ProBowls in 15 seasons. His longevity is partly due to being protected by rules that weren't there to protect those that played before him. His stats are a by-product of playing 16 games a season when many of those before him only played 14. His return yards add little to the debate. There's no Super Bowl, no All-Decade team, no memorable moment where he made the difference. It's borderline HoF without anything spectacular to enhance his claim. Torry Holt has a stronger claim to get in. Smith Sr. will probably get in...eventually.

I have Andre Johnson ahead of Holt and Antonio Brown is ahead of Johnson. Hill has already matched Brown's accolades in just 7 seasons.
Smith was the Panthers offense for years there and he was still nearly unstoppable while playing with some bad qbs, like Delomme, old Testarverde, Kiper's Clausen, Peete and Weinke. Overrated Newton didn't play with him til his 10th season when he was 32. Newton only threw for 4k+ once, and 25+ passing TDs once.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... What?

No Carson Wentz? ;)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, I am not sure any player from the 2016 draft is going to the HoF. But I think a few have a shot.

Hill might have a shot, but he is already hinting at retirement and might be on the downside of his career. Plus, now that he left KC he will never win anything again (sorry Dolphins fans but this is true).

I could see Chris Jones making it eventually if the Chiefs win more rings and he makes more Pro Bowls, though I doubt he was ever the best DT in football for any single season.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weintz got his ring by sitting out with a torn acl in philly,s sb win.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, I am not sure any player from the 2016 draft is going to the HoF. But I think a few have a shot.

Hill might have a shot, but he is already hinting at retirement and might be on the downside of his career. Plus, now that he left KC he will never win anything again (sorry Dolphins fans but this is true).

I could see Chris Jones making it eventually if the Chiefs win more rings and he makes more Pro Bowls, though I doubt he was ever the best DT in football for any single season.
The unfortunate thing for Jones is the last sentence only holds true mostly due to the existence of Aaron Donald. Also doesn’t help that his case is more about pressures, PFF grades, etc than raw sack totals

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The unfortunate thing for Jones is the last sentence only holds true mostly due to the existence of Aaron Donald. Also doesn’t help that his case is more about pressures, PFF grades, etc than raw sack totals
I was surprised to see that he has played in 10 postseason games and has just two sacks, and those were from last season.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised to see that he has played in 10 postseason games and has just two sacks, and those were from last season.
Has plenty of pressures is the thing. He was right in Jimmy G's grill for a sack in a previous SB, but Jimmy G obliged and threw a gimme INT to Bashaud Breeland instead. That's how it goes sometimes.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at Hill's numbers, including his career-high 119 catches for 1,710 yards last season, I am reconsidering my stance on him. I think he is having a HOF career to date. If he can continue putting up such big numbers for a few years, even if they drop off somewhat, I think he gets in.