• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is Hall worthy from the 2016 NFL draft?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will be as prevalent in the future as it was, because the runningback position being devalued from what it was.

Correct. RBs were always the stars of the team, obviously after QBs, but they were peers of WRs. That won't be the case going forward. Any RB that makes the HOF in the next 10+ years is going to have to be one special player.

See I dont think that how they value and PAY RB's is going to change how they make the HOF in the least.

Players get into the HOF based on 2 things:

• Were they the top players at their position.
  • Baseline stats that compare their career stats to other HOF players career stats of the same position.

How much NFL teams are paying these guys and where they are drafting them is going to be completely irrelevant to the equation when they are voting for the HOF. You get the 4 NFL pro bowls and finish top 25 in rushing yards, you’re going into the HOF. I don’t care if you were drafted in the 7th round and never made over $5 million per a year. You still get the call to the Hall. That is all HOF voters do. Stare at basically just those two things.

The only thing that might change how many that go into the HOF from the RB position in the future is if future RB's make enough $'s on their 2nd contract and dont want to play out a 3rd and a 4th contract because of wear and tear. But if you grind out the backend of a career like AP did to get way past those baseline requirements, you will waltz into the HOF.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I dont think that how they value and PAY RB's is going to change how they make the HOF in the least.

Players get into the HOF based on 2 things:

• Were they the top players at their position.
  • Baseline stats that compare their career stats to other HOF players career stats of the same position.

How much NFL teams are paying these guys and where they are drafting them is going to be completely irrelevant to the equation when they are voting for the HOF. You get the 5 NFL pro bowls and finish top 25 in rushing yards, you’re going into the HOF. I don’t care if you were drafted in the 7th round and never made over $5 million per a year. You still get the call to the Hall. That is all HOF voters do. Stare at basically just those two things.

The only thing that might change how many that go into the HOF from the RB position in the future is if they make enough $'s on their 2nd contract and dont want to play out a 3rd and a 4th contract because of wear and tear. But if you grind out the backend of a career like AP did to get way past those baseline requirements, you will waltz into the HOF.
Co-sign on value not impacting the HOF. The bigger impact will be seen in the way the game has changed through the decades to skew pass/run ratios.

A better discussion would be what HOF backs couldn’t even sniff the HOF career they had if they were around today. The first name to come to mind for me is Jerome Bettis. He was rarely used a receiver. When he doesn’t provide that help in the passing game today he would be reduced to a journeyman in a 2-3 headed attack limiting his production.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Co-sign on value not impacting the HOF. The bigger impact will be seen in the way the game has changed through the decades to skew pass/run ratios.

A better discussion would be what HOF backs couldn’t even sniff the HOF career they had if they were around today. The first name to come to mind for me is Jerome Bettis. He was rarely used a receiver. When he doesn’t provide that help in the passing game today he would be reduced to a journeyman in a 2-3 headed attack limiting his production.

.....the one that comes to my mind who might finally get their due with HOF voters starting to actually pay attention to receiving yards is of course Roger Craig. He deserves to be in IMO.

And the other thing that looking up a bunch of stats on RB's in the last couple of hours:
Jim Brown. God damn. 9 years played. Lead the league in rushing in 8 of those season. His "bad" season he finished a paltry 4th in the league in rushing yards.

Obviously there will never be another Jim Brown. But that is what the RB's in this league need right now to rebalance their value. A guy that is so unquestionably good that he raises the value of the position once again.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa is dependent on health. If he continues like he has then not likely at all. If he has a 5 or so year run of good health I would think he is likely. He generates pressure at an elite rate, availability is all he lacks.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa is dependent on health. If he continues like he has then not likely at all. If he has a 5 or so year run of good health I would think he is likely. He generates pressure at an elite rate, availability is all he lacks.
Yeah I didn’t realize until it was pointed out in this thread how few games he has actually played due to injuries. Beast when he’s healthy but clearly has trouble staying healthy. That condition isn’t likely to improve with age.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I didn’t realize until it was pointed out in this thread how few games he has actually played due to injuries. Beast when he’s healthy but clearly has trouble staying healthy. That condition isn’t likely to improve with age.
Still only 27, so the next 5 years are everything for him. Not too old to turn around the health, but seems less likely every year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously there will never be another Jim Brown. But that is what the RB's in this league need right now to rebalance their value. A guy that is so unquestionably good that he raises the value of the position once again.
I agree that there wont be another Jim Brown but I don't think its that tough on paper. Lots of teams running the 4-2 defense right now. Light boxes. The problem seems to be longevity and injuries. Zeke pretty much inherited the ideal pathway for an RB to the HOF and burnt out. CmC hasn't been able to stay healthy but thats the HOF skillset in today's NFL. Bijan Robinson just got drafted to the most run-heavy team in the league. Gibbs got drafted to a Lions team that is in a good position to use his skillset. Nick Chubb is honestly in a pretty good spot to make the HOF. Between those three guys I'd be a little shocked if none of them made the hall.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still only 27, so the next 5 years are everything for him. Not too old to turn around the health, but seems less likely every year.
28 next month

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, possible but as I said earlier, a big if, given his history. The dude is elite when he's out there but just unable to stay on the field.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take back what I said about Tyreek Hill already being in. The offseason baggage is really adding up

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 7 years Hill has 7 X ProBowls, 4 X 1st team All-Pros, 1 X 2nd team All-Pro, and a Super Bowl ring. If he were to retire before 2023 he'd eventually get in. Another ProBowl and All-Pro and he'll be a 1st ballot HoF. I overlooked much of his career with the Chiefs because they weren't high on my streaming list, I looked at other offensive players on that team, and because it was easy to mistake Hill's talent for just pure speed, (which I did, at least in part). I watched a lot of Dolphins games in 2022 and he was unbelievably good. I didn't see a lot of Vikings games and Jefferson gets all the plaudits on this site, but Hill was my #1 WR of 2022. Hill made QBs with question marks look really good, (and really bad when you look at their passes away from him when he was open).

It's a shame his public personality hasn't shone like his on-field talent.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 7 years Hill has 7 X ProBowls, 4 X 1st team All-Pros, 1 X 2nd team All-Pro, and a Super Bowl ring. If he were to retire before 2023 he'd eventually get in. Another ProBowl and All-Pro and he'll be a 1st ballot HoF. I overlooked much of his career with the Chiefs because they weren't high on my streaming list, I looked at other offensive players on that team, and because it was easy to mistake Hill's talent for just pure speed, (which I did, at least in part). I watched a lot of Dolphins games in 2022 and he was unbelievably good. I didn't see a lot of Vikings games and Jefferson gets all the plaudits on this site, but Hill was my #1 WR of 2022. Hill made QBs with question marks look really good, (and really bad when you look at their passes away from him when he was open).

It's a shame his public personality hasn't shone like his on-field talent.

I would disagree that him having one more great season is all he needs. He has barely cracked the top-100 in receiving yards all-time. I think for him to get in the HOF he needs to finish closer to top-20. There is a backlog of great receiver names. Heck the guy that is 11th all-time in receiving yards isn't in the HOF yet in Andre Johnson. Another is Steve Smith Sr. who is 8th on the list. He didn't get in as a 1st ballot. So I would say that Hill needs another probably 5,000 yards receiving, a couple more 1st team All-Pro's, and this might be the hardest part for him stay out of trouble.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has a ring after a season he earned MVP. He's on the brink of a Kurt Warner like career Renaissance to get him in the Hall of Fame.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One hell of a lucky fumble. He tried to trash the whole season in one carry.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that there wont be another Jim Brown but I don't think its that tough on paper. Lots of teams running the 4-2 defense right now. Light boxes. The problem seems to be longevity and injuries. Zeke pretty much inherited the ideal pathway for an RB to the HOF and burnt out. CmC hasn't been able to stay healthy but thats the HOF skillset in today's NFL. Bijan Robinson just got drafted to the most run-heavy team in the league. Gibbs got drafted to a Lions team that is in a good position to use his skillset. Nick Chubb is honestly in a pretty good spot to make the HOF. Between those three guys I'd be a little shocked if none of them made the hall.
I’ll be surprised if Gibbs leads the team in carries tbh.

If ARSB were to get hurt early, I could see him leading in targets though.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree that him having one more great season is all he needs. He has barely cracked the top-100 in receiving yards all-time. I think for him to get in the HOF he needs to finish closer to top-20. There is a backlog of great receiver names. Heck the guy that is 11th all-time in receiving yards isn't in the HOF yet in Andre Johnson. Another is Steve Smith Sr. who is 8th on the list. He didn't get in as a 1st ballot. So I would say that Hill needs another probably 5,000 yards receiving, a couple more 1st team All-Pro's, and this might be the hardest part for him stay out of trouble.
I don't want to crap on players but Smith Sr. has 3 All-Pros and 5 ProBowls in 15 seasons. His longevity is partly due to being protected by rules that weren't there to protect those that played before him. His stats are a by-product of playing 16 games a season when many of those before him only played 14. His return yards add little to the debate. There's no Super Bowl, no All-Decade team, no memorable moment where he made the difference. It's borderline HoF without anything spectacular to enhance his claim. Torry Holt has a stronger claim to get in. Smith Sr. will probably get in...eventually.

I have Andre Johnson ahead of Holt and Antonio Brown is ahead of Johnson. Hill has already matched Brown's accolades in just 7 seasons.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to crap on players but Smith Sr. has 3 All-Pros and 5 ProBowls in 15 seasons. His longevity is partly due to being protected by rules that weren't there to protect those that played before him. His stats are a by-product of playing 16 games a season when many of those before him only played 14. His return yards add little to the debate. There's no Super Bowl, no All-Decade team, no memorable moment where he made the difference. It's borderline HoF without anything spectacular to enhance his claim. Torry Holt has a stronger claim to get in. Smith Sr. will probably get in...eventually.

I have Andre Johnson ahead of Holt and Antonio Brown is ahead of Johnson. Hill has already matched Brown's accolades in just 7 seasons.
Smith has positioned himself well to get in by being on the nfl network. That’s how these borderline players do it