• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Free Agents

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess Cards are planning to draft OL, They let Massie ( RT ) sign else where, Traded J. cooper ( RG), and T. Larsen(C) is still a free agent.

That's an awful lot of turnover for the Oline unit. Hopefully, it doesn't work out for them ;)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to say it really does look like Clayton is going to be close to the mark. Surprises me (and Okung) that someone wasn't willing to take a gamble on him. Wonder how many OL go in the first round?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to say it really does look like Clayton is going to be close to the mark. Surprises me (and Okung) that someone wasn't willing to take a gamble on him. Wonder how many OL go in the first round?

Actually, I'm not all that surprised. This is kind've how I expected it to go. His injury history just hamstrings him - and there isn't any way he can talk his way out of it, since he's recovering from yet another injury. There has also been a noticeable decline in his play the last 2 years, and as I said earlier - teams may be looking at him as more a RT than a LT. He's just not worth $1 million a game ($10 million for 10 games). If he isn't signed before the draft - he can be sure that there just won't be enough money in people's cap to offer him a significant contract.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I'm not all that surprised. This is kind've how I expected it to go. His injury history just hamstrings him - and there isn't any way he can talk his way out of it, since he's recovering from yet another injury. There has also been a noticeable decline in his play the last 2 years, and as I said earlier - teams may be looking at him as more a RT than a LT. He's just not worth $1 million a game ($10 million for 10 games). If he isn't signed before the draft - he can be sure that there just won't be enough money in people's cap to offer him a significant contract.
If he's smart he would take which ever contract has the most guarantee and be done with it. Like you said, once the draft gets here, his market value goes down.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been through this many times. While you have valid points the Seahawks are designed to spend money on the D first and other areas after and the Oline is the most financially neglected area on the team. Heck, I believe at this moment our punter us higher paid than any Olineman on the roster (which is rather pathetic)!

It is hard to judge Cable based on the lack of money (I think we were last or almost last in the NFL in cap space spent on the OL) and our run blocking has been pretty good over the years (how much credit goes to the OL and how much to Lynch is also debatable) but the pass blocking has been admitably horrible for years now.

The thing about the offensive line is that it's been questionable at best for almost a decade and that hasn't always been due to a lack of funds being poured into the position group. Whether it's long-term injuries, players leaving via free agency, players getting traded, players just underperforming or Cable's insistence on focusing on run blocking/toughness over pass protection/keeping Wilson upright, the offensive line has been arguably the biggest continuous issue on the team since the end of the Holmgren era and I don't know if there's any single thing that can be done to fix it. Out of the things I listed, maybe the one thing that has a chance of fixing it is getting more well-rounded (no pun intended) guys in there, but even that can be derailed by injuries as we've seen in the past. I just don't think it's an easy issue to fix.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's smart he would take which ever contract has the most guarantee and be done with it. Like you said, once the draft gets here, his market value goes down.

From the looks of it, it may already be down.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's the granny ankles he's always had and injury record. He wants top dollar for a player that's generally out 25% of a season due to injury these days. Nobody is going to break the bank for that. Add that there was a lot of lineman hitting the market this year.

You could kind of sense this was going to happen. Especially with him trying to rep himself. It's also a deep draft for o and d line this year.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's the granny ankles he's always had and injury record. He wants top dollar for a player that's generally out 25% of a season due to injury these days. Nobody is going to break the bank for that. Add that there was a lot of lineman hitting the market this year.

You could kind of sense this was going to happen. Especially with him trying to rep himself. It's also a deep draft for o and d line this year.

I kind've wonder if he decided to rep himself when his agent told him last year it was going to be like this, and Okung just didn't believe him. (this is a hypothetical, but consistent with what I know of Okung's personality).

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind've wonder if he decided to rep himself when his agent told him last year it was going to be like this, and Okung just didn't believe him. (this is a hypothetical, but consistent with what I know of Okung's personality).

Okung is a thrill seeker. I read a story about him running with the bulls in Pamplona last year. Sometimes people who want to do many things because they find them exciting don't know their limits.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung is a thrill seeker. I read a story about him running with the bulls in Pamplona last year. Sometimes people who want to do many things because they find them exciting don't know their limits.

Or value.......

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can believe it after reading what is opinion is of the USA, even though the opportunities this country has provided him has him living like a coddled king. It's kind of predictable this whole "rep myself" thing. Some people have to learn the hard way, even though he'll still end up paid a kings ransom for at least a couple more years.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Penn is going to sign with the Raiders.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna guess cable loves webb. Time to stop letting cable make the OL decisions.