• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Off Season - Trade and Draft discussion!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I want to give up two 2nd round picks for Cam Talbot - Maybe BT is just driving up the price for the Oil?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of those players is on Hamilton's level.

But...in that case why not just take Hanifin with that pick? You get more years of control and it costs less (although they're miles from the floor...which is why they need to trade for Lupul and Bozak).

Exactly. And no one knows if Dougie would even sign. Which makes the idea that neither of them is on Dougie's level irrelevant. They would both play, guaranteed. Plus that pick could also. Quantity could outweigh quality in this case.

Clarkson and Bourque would help them get to the cap floor too. And Clarkson has a CUP! Clarkson, Bourque, Anisimov and Rychel for #3! If they take Boll too, they can have the 8th.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. And no one knows if Dougie would even sign. Which makes the idea that neither of them is on Dougie's level irrelevant. They would both play, guaranteed. Plus that pick could also. Quantity could outweigh quality in this case.

Clarkson and Bourque would help them get to the cap floor too. And Clarkson has a CUP! Clarkson, Bourque, Anisimov and Rychel for #3! If they take Boll too, they can have the 8th.

:nono:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Nasty... you, uh, want him back?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
While EDM and CGY are in on Talbot with NYR, don't rule out the two Alberta teams also having interest in LAK Martin Jones, who may move.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
While EDM and CGY are in on Talbot with NYR, don't rule out the two Alberta teams also having interest in LAK Martin Jones, who may move.

I like Talbot more. But both were surrounded by great defences. Even if I was not wearing my canuck glasses Lack performed strong with a lesser defence last year so I hope they can drive up his price

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty damn happy about the Lehner trade as a Sens fan, although I think they should have just let Hammond walk and kept Lehner. Trading a goalie with his potential within the division could be disastrous. That said the 21st this year should provide a solid NHLer and moving Legwand makes some room for the young guys on the team.

From the Sabres end I don't see it as that bad. T.Murray knows Lehner and he has huge upside (looking less and less likely to fulfill it though). It's a gamble but it shows some impetus to address team needs. This kind of deal should have been done by a team like the Oilers years ago. In fact, the Coil could have had Ben Bishop, but low-balled Bryan Murray by all accounts.

This trade may well turn out to be a good one for the Sabres.

But yeah I love it as a Sens fan in the here and now. :hockeysmile:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Talbot more. But both were surrounded by great defences. Even if I was not wearing my canuck glasses Lack performed strong with a lesser defence last year so I hope they can drive up his price
While I said I hold Talbot higher than I do Lehner (and I do), let's not forget Talbot is a 28 year old goalie with 58 games played in the NHL.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, the Coil could have had Ben Bishop, but low-balled Bryan Murray by all accounts.

This trade may well turn out to be a good one for the Sabres.

But yeah I love it as a Sens fan in the here and now. :hockeysmile:
Good thing he held out for Cory Conacher!

(He made up for it here)

Also read the Sens are trying to move up. Doubt it happens but they're trying.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(He made up for it here)

They now have 18, 21, 42, 48 and some decent prospects who would be able to step right in for some teams (Prince and Puempel).

Personally, I'm hoping they use some of these assets (maybe the 2 seconds) to grab an upgrade to their top-4 on the back end. Perhaps something like Boychuk last year.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(He made up for it here)

I saw that also and agree I doubt it happens. If the rankings of 3 - 20 are all over the place (as has been reported), OTT would have to be absolutely in love with one guy to give up two picks. If it happens, seems like it will be a scenario like "OMG I cant believe xxx is still on the board at 12 , he wont be there when we get our two shots, we got to move up".

They wont be able to move up to the top 6 by giving up the two first rounders (they are too low) and in this draft, is it worth giving up 2 picks to move up (say) 5 spots? :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They now have 18, 21, 42, 48 and some decent prospects who would be able to step right in for some teams (Prince and Puempel).

Personally, I'm hoping they use some of these assets (maybe the 2 seconds) to grab an upgrade to their top-4 on the back end. Perhaps something like Boychuk last year.
They could always just sign Franson and save jstew and mattola from heart attacks.