• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He punched Crosby in the head last night, does that count?

Hmmm... Make a ridiculous amount of money to suck at hockey AND get to punch Crosby in the head without legal ramifications. I'd LOVE to trade places with Clarkson!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he have 2 shots on goal vs the Devils :noidea: Clarkson will be fine now that he's out of the leafs system :nod:
The Leafs' system didn't stifle offence, it simply neglected defence.

In that sense, Clarkson should have "thrived" were he capable of it. He isn't, and nothing is going to change in Columbus.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree with this

B_GdtKoUQAEoOky.png

I actually do think Ken Holland is interested, but he's not interested in giving up what Nonis wants for him and Nonis isn't interested in taking what Holland is willing to give up.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Yandle go, I never liked him

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs' system didn't stifle offence, it simply neglected defence.

In that sense, Clarkson should have "thrived" were he capable of it. He isn't, and nothing is going to change in Columbus.
The leafs ststem iisnt the type of offense he thrives in you know this. He thrived in the Devils system crash the boards, hit the front of the net, fight and work. The leafs didn't utilize him in a role he could be productive in. I was front row for theeafs Devils last year to see first hand and have seen enough leaf games to see how he was used in regards to their system. If they used him correctly he's the type of player that could have helped the leafs get back on track. But the leafs lack grit in their system. Great move for Columbus they upgraded

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually do think Ken Holland is interested, but he's not interested in giving up what Nonis wants for him and Nonis isn't interested in taking what Holland is willing to give up.
Only way I see it happening is Leafs eat $1 million and take Stephen Weiss while getting a top prospect.

If not, just wait for Edmonton to make a dumb proposal.

Either way, I don't know why the fuck anybody would trade for Phaneuf.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The leafs ststem iisnt the type of offense he thrives in you know this. He thrived in the Devils system crash the boards, hit the front of the net, fight and work. The leafs didn't utilize him in a role he could be productive in. I was front row for theeafs Devils last year to see first hand and have seen enough leaf games to see how he was used in regards to their system. If they used him correctly he's the type of player that could have helped the leafs get back on track. But the leafs lack grit in their system. Great move for Columbus they upgraded

Somebody frame this comment. One day, Brian Burke is going to hire this man.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope you understand clarkson thrived in a defensive system :L
I really hope you understand Clarkson "thriving" was him getting 17 goals and 29 points a season (those are his numbers in NJ excluding his time in Toronto, btw). When you look at it like that, he was actually on his way to approaching his career averages in Toronto this season.

That is all to say he is a fucking terrible hockey player and should not be wearing a NHL jersey. Columbus shoved a 6 foot dildo in their asses by acquiring him, regardless of their financial situation.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a Jordan Leopold to the canucks rumo(u)r

why?