• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly's even tighter against the cap than LA though, so still not sure on the why.

LA just looking to get him out of the room so he's not a distraction down the stretch maybe?

Flyers just dumped Braydon Coburn so they're about 5-6 million under now

I think the Kings know he's not getting charged and Dean/Hexy had some convos about where it might be heading and they know what the result eventually will be

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers just dumped Braydon Coburn so they're about 5-6 million under now

I think the Kings know he's not getting charged and Dean/Hexy had some convos about where it might be heading and they know what the result eventually will be
Good point about Coburn, forgot to account for him since Gudas is so much cheaper.

Though the reports are now that it's on hold, it seems sketchy to me that the league would allow him to be traded while he's still suspended.

Then again, they've just been making this whole thing up as they go.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point about Coburn, forgot to account for him since Gudas is so much cheaper.

Though the reports are now that it's on hold, it seems sketchy to me that the league would allow him to be traded while he's still suspended.

Then again, they've just been making this whole thing up as they go.

It could always be a conditional type of thing, where they make the trade and if he does return, then the Flyers can give up whatever in return and if he is charged, then the Flyers can just dump him because either way, he's not playing with the Kings again(because of the cap alone)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JonathanWillis: Hextall got more for a 39-year-old who hasn't played since April than MacTavish got for his best defenceman.

Glencross got a better return than Petry. Where's that lifetime contract for MacT?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JonathanWillis: Hextall got more for a 39-year-old who hasn't played since April than MacTavish got for his best defenceman.

Glencross got a better return than Petry. Where's that lifetime contract for MacT?
I know it's unpopular here, but I sincerely hope Katz finally nuts up and fires the whole lot after the season. I like to think I have a rather deep sports memory and I really cannot remember the last time the Oilers did something where I thought to myself "Oh, hey, that's a really good move. Well done." It very well may have been acquiring Pronger.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey BBB, simmer down, no need to start posting suggestions that will improve the Oilers.

:D

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree with this

B_GdtKoUQAEoOky.png

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit knows that Phaneuf has yet to have played on a team to win a NHL playoff series, correct?