• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured if this Jets/Sabres deal goes down soon, might as well start the deadline thread - deadline is just under three weeks away

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
102073173.jpg

That's all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
102073173.jpg

That's all.

Ugh, I miss him on the Flyers so much

I think he'd be a good fit for a team like the Panthers, trying to make the playoffs - he wouldn't be an expensive pickup and he'd really be a nice sounding board for a young kid like Aleksander Barkov - they're both big and are really good puck possession players and I think the experience of Jaromir Jagr would really help the Panthers - might help the power play too

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 5s5 seconds ago

Not saying Buffalo would have been Kane's top choice, but he's fine with it

lol

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm....I definitely feel that the price for Buffalo was a too high. Apparently the 1st going back to Winnipeg is conditional and will be whichever of the Blues or Islanders pick ends up being the worst. So here's hoping one or the other of them wins the Cup!

I'd probably be OK overall if you took Lemieux out of the package. Armia and Kasdorf are both prospects (as is Lemieux obviously) and I don't expect either of them to ever be a major impact player. But I liked Lemieux.

I think Myers, Stafford (rental only), and the (hopefully very) late 1st for Kane and Bogosian is fair, keeping in mind that both Kane and Bogosian are both signed long term.

Then you have Armia for Kasdorf which I just shrug at.

That leaves Lemieux. I thought he was a great pickup at 31st overall. Sorry to see him go.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm....I definitely feel that the price for Buffalo was a too high. Apparently the 1st going back to Winnipeg is conditional and will be whichever of the Blues or Islanders pick ends up being the worst. So here's hoping one or the other of them wins the Cup!

I'd probably be OK overall if you took Lemieux out of the package. Armia and Kasdorf are both prospects (as is Lemieux obviously) and I don't expect either of them to ever be a major impact player. But I liked Lemieux.

I think Myers, Stafford (rental only), and the (hopefully very) late 1st for Kane and Bogosian is fair, keeping in mind that both Kane and Bogosian are both signed long term.

Then you have Armia for Kasdorf which I just shrug at.

That leaves Lemieux. I thought he was a great pickup at 31st overall. Sorry to see him go.

I think something that hasn't been mentioned much is the fact Murray can always turn around and trade Kane after playing a few months next season. He'll still have 2 years of good cap hit left and if he performs well, he can fetch quite the haul and suddenly a trade that can be won by either side is 100% won by Buffalo.

Or he can be an even bigger shitstain than he apparently was in Winnipeg. Either or.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like this trade for the simple fact that Winnipeg (in my opinion) is a better team today than they were yesterday and the Flames are fighting with the Jets for a playoff spot in the Western Conference. That said, quite the bold move by Chevy.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off. DAMN YOU LORD BENNING

2nd. Hope he gets his act together and starts playing to his potential

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like this trade for the simple fact that Winnipeg (in my opinion) is a better team today than they were yesterday and the Flames are fighting with the Jets for a playoff spot in the Western Conference. That said, quite the bold move by Chevy.

I think this is a big win for the Jets. Just getting rid of Kane is huge. The fact that it looks like they got a nice return makes it even better for them. I'm surprised it took that much to get Kane.

This deal gives them more ammunition to improve the team if they want as well.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I already stated above that I think the Sabres gave up too much.

That said:
Sorting Out the Sabres-Jets Mega-Trade «

i thought they gave up to much as well ... but UPON FURTHER REVIEW ... I see the Sabres pov ... I dont like Stafford at all but he might be more productive with the jets ... then ufa ... i like Bogosian alot ... and its interesting hearing other nhl'ers come out and say how surprised they were to see the Jets give him up (hometown Kane, Patrick, had a bit to say on this)

i can see Myers struggling to regain form and not be any help down the stretch for the Jets ... its hard for some to amp up their game when they go from a cellar dwellar to a contender ... where the games suddenly matter ... i still see upside but maybe it might have to take time ... like a full training camp for Myers with the jets

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I don't understand from Buffalo's standpoint in this deal is why did they give a 1st & Armia? For a rebuilding team to give up a 1st round pick in a deep draft & a kid they took 16th overall is surprising to me. The Sabres are even picking up half of Stafford's remaining contract this year.