• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with @bksballer89 re: how teams are likely to react to that shimmy stuff if he does it too early in a playoff series. In the playoffs, the game slows down a bit, becomes a bit more physical and players get salty because they are seeing the same team every other night for as many as 7 games.

You won't see any McHale vs. Rambis clothelines, but he likely ends up getting a little extra love on an already hard foul. As someone else pointed out though, doing that also runs the risk of pissing him off and making him more focused.

Agree. Honestly the only reason is not being made of much an issue now is due to Steph being very likeable. Honestly if LBJ was doing that, he would get absolutely slammed

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Honestly the only reason is not being made of much an issue now is due to Steph being very likeable. Honestly if LBJ was doing that, he would get absolutely slammed
:nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. As soon as Bosh went out you was on here about to freaking cry. There have been others on here (myself included) that said the Heat could compete & possibly beat the Cavs if they continue to play like they did against the Warriors. My goodness...at least keep it one hun-id!

Look at how weak the east is, look at how the Cavs have been playing (they are 12-6 since firing Blatt) and look how well the Heat have been playing without Bosh.

If the Heat get Bosh back, keep playing well and the Cavs keep playing like they are, then yes, the Heat could beat the Cavs. It would still be an upset, but they'd definitely at least have a solid punchers chance which is more than the rest of the east has.

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at how weak the east is, look at how the Cavs have been playing (they are 12-6 since firing Blatt) and look how well the Heat have been playing without Bosh.

If the Heat get Bosh back, keep playing well and the Cavs keep playing like they are, then yes, the Heat could beat the Cavs. It would still be an upset, but they'd definitely at least have a solid punchers chance which is more than the rest of the east has.

Yep I don't think it is so far fetched. Just like I don't think it is far fetched to see the Heat making a splash this summer or next summer and being contenders to make the finals within the next 2 seasons

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I don't think it is so far fetched. Just like I don't think it is far fetched to see the Heat making a splash this summer or next summer and being contenders to make the finals within the next 2 seasons

As long as the Heat have Riley calling the shots, I don't think anything is out of the question. The Heat aren't in great position to make a big splash, but anyone who underestimates Riley's ability to figure out a way to make something big happen, does so at their own peril. He will be seriously listened to by any FA he wants to talk to, just because of how well respected he is.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying if a player shimmy's, then someone is going to hit him?

Mark Jackson shimmied like once a game and I don't recall any of the old timers going after him. Lebron does his beat his chest, double pump high step thing. Westbrook shoots guns from his hip. Jason Terry flying with his arms spread up the court after a shot. Harden always stirs that stupid pot.

But Curry is the asshole here? I just don't get it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mark Jackson shimmied like once a game and I don't recall any of the old timers going after him. Lebron does his beat his chest, double pump high step thing. Westbrook shoots guns from his hip. Jason Terry flying with his arms spread up the court after a shot. Harden always stirs that stupid pot.

Outside of Harden, the other active players barely ever do any of the things you mentioned. It is once in a blue. Can't remember the last time lebron after did that. The shimmy is looked at more of a taunt IMO. I would love to see him pulled that stunt he did last week vs Atl and shimmy in front of the opposing bench in the playoffs. That will be a fight.

If you ever want to know if something is ok, just ask yourself if LBJ did this would he get criticized? If the answer is yes then its probably not ok.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Harden, the other active players barely ever do any of the things you mentioned. It is once in a blue. Can't remember the last time lebron after did that. The shimmy is looked at more of a taunt IMO. I would love to see him pulled that stunt he did last week vs Atl and shimmy in front of the opposing bench in the playoffs. That will be a fight.

If you ever want to know if something is ok, just ask yourself if LBJ did this would he get criticized? If the answer is yes then its probably not ok.

It's probably an eye test thing to you but Curry doesn't do this nearly as often as you are insinuating he does. Just as Lebron does this "once in a blue moon" same could be said of Curry. The only difference is that Curry's times he's done this has been on national TV. I have watched nearly every single Warriors game this year and I've only recalled him doing a shimmy maybe 3 times, including the Atlanta one, which was directed at Bazemore his friend and another being this game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably an eye test thing to you but Curry doesn't do this nearly as often as you are insinuating he does. Just as Lebron does this "once in a blue moon" same could be said of Curry. The only difference is that Curry's times he's done this has been on national TV. I have watched nearly every single Warriors game this year and I've only recalled him doing a shimmy maybe 3 times, including the Atlanta one, which was directed at Bazemore his friend and another being this game.

That Bazemore being his friend excuse is so lame. Let me taunt the entire bench because I played with 1 player on that team lol....Makes sense

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys don't have to read the article as this was months ago of course but this one paragraph tells you everything about the Warriors.

The irony of the Warriors complaining about the Bucks' celebrating

The irony, of course, is that no team celebrates and rubs in their victories quite like the Warriors do.

Curry turns around and celebrates 3-pointers before they even go in. Andre Iguodala is probably the Bench-Celebration MVP right now. Heck, even 2K Sports added motion-captured bench celebrations because of the Dubs' bench festivities.

Who could forget Green saying the Cleveland Cavaliers "suck" during the Warriors' championship celebration? And what about the Warriors celebrating a Curry 3 before it even goes in? Yep, that happened, too.

Those who criticize the Warriors — the select few — often point to their confidence, which borders on cockiness. It's part of their charm, but it can be a bit too much at times.

At the same time, it's a bit hypocritical. If you're going to demand respect from your opponents in a loss, you must dole out the same respect in a win. To be clear: The Warriors aren't often disrespectful, but they can toe the line — as can anyone in moments of pure joy and self-expression.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry, I have to disagree with you, bk. I see Curry doing his shimmy just as much as I do other players doing their own things.

I personally don't see an issue with it. If people don't like Curry's shimmy, don't let him score.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys don't have to read the article as this was months ago of course but this one paragraph tells you everything about the Warriors.

The irony, of course, is that no team celebrates and rubs in their victories quite like the Warriors do.

Curry turns around and celebrates 3-pointers before they even go in. Andre Iguodala is probably the Bench-Celebration MVP right now. Heck, even 2K Sports added motion-captured bench celebrations because of the Dubs' bench festivities.

Who could forget Green saying the Cleveland Cavaliers "suck" during the Warriors' championship celebration? And what about the Warriors celebrating a Curry 3 before it even goes in? Yep, that happened, too.

Those who criticize the Warriors — the select few — often point to their confidence, which borders on cockiness. It's part of their charm, but it can be a bit too much at times.

At the same time, it's a bit hypocritical. If you're going to demand respect from your opponents in a loss, you must dole out the same respect in a win. To be clear: The Warriors aren't often disrespectful, but they can toe the line — as can anyone in moments of pure joy and self-expression.

I totally understand the hypocrisy of the Warriors bitching about another team celebrating. That I have no issue with if you want to take offense to that. Completely understandable.

The last line of your post is the most telling. They toe the line, as anyone else can. The Warriors just have more opportunities to celebrate than most. You don't think yesterday if the game was reversed and Westbrook hit a dagger 3, he wouldn't have shot the guns? He absolutely would have.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And everything stated here would have more merit if the Warriors weren't winning and MAKING HISTORY in the process. :L My goodness, most fans here have told you this bickering you're doing is totally ridiculous. Seems like misery is looking for company in your case.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably an eye test thing to you but Curry doesn't do this nearly as often as you are insinuating he does.

I don't watch the Warriors near as much as I'm sure you do, but I can't think of a game that I've seen where he hasn't done it. Seems logical to assume that if he's done it in every game I've seen, then he does it in most games.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch the Warriors near as much as I'm sure you do, but I can't think of a game that I've seen where he hasn't done it. Seems logical to assume that if he's done it in every game I've seen, then he does it in most games.
No he doesn't. The times he's done it has been when they were expected to lose & he does something-like shoot a 38-foot 3- to take the game. IMO that warrants trash talking-in whatever form the player wants short of invading another persons personal space.

But, to say that players should or even suggest they would maliciously hurt him because of it is crossing a line. Those type of players don't belong in professional sports.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a couple of things. First of all, no one has suggested that if he does his shimmy thing at all in the playoffs that he'll get clobbered for it. What has been said is that it's likely to happen if he starts doing it too early in a series. If he's doing it, for example, in game 2, he may end up getting clobbered. If he does it in a closeout game, he probably doesn't (unless Andrew Bynum is playing and does what he did to JJ Barea).

The other issue, and the one that Warriors fans seem to be avoiding, is that GSW players have complained about teams celebrating against them. If they are going to celebrate , then they need to not bitch when other teams celebrate aqainst them.

As much as I hate Lebron's monster walk, chest beating thing (which I think just looks stupid), I don't really recall him doing it early in a playoff series. I also don't recall Lebron bitching about other players celebrating against his team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see both side on this.

The Warriors have earned their glee and celebrations through outstanding play. They can do what they want.

But that doesn't mean they are exempt from reactions/consequences of that behavior. A lot of people are going to be annoyed and critical of it, including both fans and players.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he doesn't. The times he's done it has been when they were expected to lose & he does something-like shoot a 38-foot 3- to take the game. IMO that warrants trash talking-in whatever form the player wants short of invading another persons personal space.

But, to say that players should or even suggest they would maliciously hurt him because of it is crossing a line. Those type of players don't belong in professional sports.

I disagree. Like I said, I've seen him do it in every game I've seen him play. Hell, I've seen him do it in every game vs. the Lakers. What the hell is there to celebrate about beating the Lakers?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Like I said, I've seen him do it in every game I've seen him play. Hell, I've seen him do it in every game vs. the Lakers. What the hell is there to celebrate about beating the Lakers?
Hahaha. Ok, so we know one way to get him to stop. Other teams need to step up and win. Simple as that. They didn't like when the Bucks celebrated in their faces after their first loss and they made sure not to lose to them again.