• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker was a finals mvp
Ginobili was a finals mvp-caliber
Leonard was a finals mvp
Duncan was a multi-time finals mvp
Aldridge was an allstar

And they can't touch Curry and his squad...

But 3 of the 5 guys you mentioned are no longer in their prime. Manu and Timmy are on their last legs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand and agree with all your points. My comment was about the entire season series. Not just these 2 games. If I'm not mistaken, the Spurs only shot over 41% against them once in a game this season and they were held to 90 points or fewer 3X. They need to figure it out on the offensive end against this team. I have faith in Pop that he will but if he doesn't, I think the Warriors win in 5. The concerning thing for me is most teams usually play better and shoot better at home but the Spurs don't play better or shoot better at home when the play the Warriors. The only thing that is better is their defense

In the entire season series, the Spurs have been at full strength for what? 1 game? Doesn't matter about the season series in the playoffs. We've seen teams get swept by a team in the regular season series and then win a playoff series against that same team.

Beating Pop and the Spurs in the regular season and having to beat them 4 times in a 7 game series are completely different animals. As a Heat fan, you know this as well as anyone.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But 3 of the 5 guys you mentioned are no longer in their prime. Manu and Timmy are on their last legs
Yet some people will argue that TD is one of the most important factors in them winning. Can't have it both ways.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the entire season series, the Spurs have been at full strength for what? 1 game? Doesn't matter about the season series in the playoffs. We've seen teams get swept by a team in the regular season series and then win a playoff series against that same team.

Beating Pop and the Spurs in the regular season and having to beat them 4 times in a 7 game series are completely different animals. As a Heat fan, you know this as well as anyone.
I agree, but in this case the advantage goes to the Warriors. But what team hasn't had to deal with injuries? At one point this season the Warriors had to deal with Bogut playing hurt, Ezeli out and Iggy out all at the same time. But, somehow they managed to win more games than they lost during that stretch.

The Spurs are the top defending team in the league and also have the DPOY in Leonard on their team yet they've been unable to stop the Warriors 3 out of 4 games. That feat is going to be even harder to do come the post season-after they've already gone through the 1st & 2nd rounds. As bksballer89 has already mentioned they struggle to score against the Warriors who are the top scoring team in the league. What kind of adjustment can Pop make in that situation short of cloning Steph or Klay (1a & 1b in terms of best shooters in the league)? LOL

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you just reach a point in time where it's just another teams time, and there's practically nothing that can be done about it. The Spurs are a more than formidable challenge, but when the Warriors are on their A game, they can't be stopped.There's no adjustments that can be made, outside of trying to beat them by staying big. On a sidenote, I know Tim Duncan is immune from criticism, but it's very telling that he seems to be totally useless against the Warriors

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you just reach a point in time where it's just another teams time, and there's practically nothing that can be done about it. The Spurs are a more than formidable challenge, but when the Warriors are on their A game, they can't be stopped.There's no adjustments that can be made, outside of trying to beat them by staying big. On a sidenote, I know Tim Duncan is immune from criticism, but it's very telling that he seems to be totally useless against the Warriors
Glad I'm not the only one who sees this.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pop is probably thinking that it's suicide to play too many traditional big men against the Warriors. Two might be too many (Aldridge and Duncan). Some think that the right adjustment is to go extra big against the Warriors, but imagine if the Spurs had LA, TD and West on the floor at the same time. It would be a nightmare for them.