• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand.....pretty funny actually.

Re-read it and laughed at myself about it.

Congrats on the win today. Hey, a win is a win. Now get my Vols one against the Gamecocks, will ya?

And yours Vols win.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only asking because i read a report that the Rangers were interested in him but i agree it would cost to get him.

they talked about him, Domonic Brown & $10M for 1 of Chi Chi Gonzales, Jake Thompson or Luke Jackson, 1 of Nick Williams or Lewis Brinson, 1 of Corey Knebel, Phil Klein, Spencer Patton or Keone Kela, and Luis Sardinas. that seems pretty excessive to me

I would seriously consider trading LJ, Brinson, Sardinas, and one of those relievers for Hamels. Keep the untouchables out of it and I think I pull the trigger here. I would want them to throw more than 10M though.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would seriously consider trading LJ, Brinson, Sardinas, and one of those relievers for Hamels. Keep the untouchables out of it and I think I pull the trigger here. I would want them to throw more than 10M though.

Money would definitely be a big factor.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if JD traded Choo and Fielder for Hamels you think he should get executive of the year? :L

Yes, that would free up some money and get rid of two guys whose contracts are going to outlive their usefulness. That would be a great deal for the team. You would get back a very good pitcher who may be slightly overpaid, but not nearly as much as Fielder and Choo put together. That would be an incredible deal.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think that would come close to what it would take to get Hamels.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that would free up some money and get rid of two guys whose contracts are going to outlive their usefulness. That would be a great deal for the team. You would get back a very good pitcher who may be slightly overpaid, but not nearly as much as Fielder and Choo put together. That would be an incredible deal.

I highly disagree. I think it's ridiculous to offer both of those players for Hamels. Maybe one or the other and some prospects going both ways, but not Fielder and Choo. I think they will both be productive for us in the very near future.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly disagree. I think it's ridiculous to offer both of those players for Hamels. Maybe one or the other and some prospects going both ways, but not Fielder and Choo. I think they will both be productive for us in the very near future.

I find I disagree with a lot of folks about those players.

I think Hamels and whatever else you could afford with the money you save would be productive for us in the very near future as well and a few years down the road as well.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find I disagree with a lot of folks about those players.

I think Hamels and whatever else you could afford with the money you save would be productive for us in the very near future as well and a few years down the road as well.

I don't have a ton of interest in Hamels though an upgrade to the pitching staff would be good. Depends on what the Phillies are willing to eat contractually. In the scope of ridding contracts that may bog the Rangers down before terms are up, I would love to see Choo moved. I know the team was looking for a lead off guy with a great OBP, but his lack of defense significantly makes that contract look bad 3 years from now. I realize he was injured for the most part of this year but I saw that contract as an overpay from the jump.

Fielder, if he could regain his power might be an asset to this team that seriously needs some thump in the lineup and could DH and be an occasional option at 1B.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This on Butler:

The Royals, who chose Butler in the first round of the 2004 draft, elected to pay the 28 year old a $1 million buyout rather than exercise their $12.5 million option. The decision was widely expected, and Butler said he hopes that he'll be able to agree with the Royals on a new contract.

"Obviously when you're on a team that won the American League, it would be tough to leave that team," Butler said. "It's the only organization I've ever been in. That plays a factor."

Butler said he would like a long-term deal wherever he ends up, but he refused to speculate on what that would mean financially. Regardless, he will most likely end up with an AL team because, even though he can play first base, his suspect fielding makes him a better fit at designated hitter.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This on Butler:

The Royals, who chose Butler in the first round of the 2004 draft, elected to pay the 28 year old a $1 million buyout rather than exercise their $12.5 million option. The decision was widely expected, and Butler said he hopes that he'll be able to agree with the Royals on a new contract.

"Obviously when you're on a team that won the American League, it would be tough to leave that team," Butler said. "It's the only organization I've ever been in. That plays a factor."

Butler said he would like a long-term deal wherever he ends up, but he refused to speculate on what that would mean financially. Regardless, he will most likely end up with an AL team because, even though he can play first base, his suspect fielding makes him a better fit at designated hitter.

Wanting a long term deal after the season he had? Yeah right fatass.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the predictions are true and Victor Martinez leaves Detroit someone is going to pick up a really good offensive player who puts the ball in play. Salary Prediction by Fangraphs - Martinez ranks ninth on Fangraphs list, with a projected contract of three years and $45 million.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't had a good DH since Vlad. I'd be in favor of bringing in Butler or Martinez. JD needs to make sure the offense doesn't suck for the 3rd year in a row.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't had a good DH since Vlad. I'd be in favor of bringing in Butler or Martinez. JD needs to make sure the offense doesn't suck for the 3rd year in a row.
Then don't bring in Butler.