• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco's Madison Bumgarner, who pitched a four-hit shutout Sunday, says he'll be available to make a relief appearance if needed as the Giants attempt to close out the World Series on Tuesday.

Bumgarner hasn't made a relief appearance since throwing two scoreless innings in Game 6 of the 2010 National League Championship Series.

This makes no sense to me. If he thinks he can pitch on such short rest, I'd let game 6 play out. Then if they do indeed lose, then start him for game 7 and see what he can give you. If he goes 2 innings, so be it.

That's what I'd do anyway. I sure wouldn't want him to pitch in game 6, but still lose the game. Then he's done for game 7 IMO anyway.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he goes out there tired and the Royals hit him. They couldn't do anything against him rested tho, that's for sure.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, do you still do that if the everyday 1B is hitting better than Prince and/or Choo? Wash would if the everyday 1B was Rua or another young player, but will Banister? I would hope not.

Was just mentioning that there are still lineup options this way

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please God, can we stop with all the revisionist theories on what Washington would have done? Does it matter?

Let's move on to the present, and the presence of Jeff Bannister, OK?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto has picked up Justin Smoak off waivers from Seattle, if anyone is interested

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please God, can we stop with all the revisionist theories on what Washington would have done? Does it matter?

:10::agree:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the consensus on this board about Bannister anyway? I think they made a mistake, but it remains to be seen. At Tampa Bay, Bogars job was to critique Maddon after every game. When Bogar ran the team, they played better. It seemed like a no-brainer to me, but I still wanted the team to do their due diligence. I guess you can't blame Magadan for the shit show last year, but he still hasn't done shit since he's been here. I fear that the team is continuing the trend of recent years in keeping the wrong guys and letting the guys who we should be keeping go.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the consensus on this board about Bannister anyway? I think they made a mistake, but it remains to be seen. At Tampa Bay, Bogars job was to critique Maddon after every game. When Bogar ran the team, they played better. It seemed like a no-brainer to me, but I still wanted the team to do their due diligence. I guess you can't blame Magadan for the shit show last year, but he still hasn't done shit since he's been here. I fear that the team is continuing the trend of recent years in keeping the wrong guys and letting the guys who we should be keeping go.
:dingdingding::dingdingding:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judging the move as a mistake before he's even managed a game is pretty silly to me.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^Article lost all credibility whenever this was mentioned.

"Sardinas could be a trade chip as well, but was used in multiple positions last season and is considered by many as the Rangers’ best prospect."

Dont get me wrong - I like Sardi...but he was never close to the "best" prospect in the system.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was about what Banister would do. Seems you are a bit hyper-sensitive to any negative mention of Wash.

I don't understand why you are using the word revisionist. Nothing revisionist whatsoever.

Does it matter? In the grand scheme of things none of this really matters. It is just a sport. Baseball is a talking sport though and I brought up a legitimate point about how the lineup could play out next year with what we have seen in the past as a backdrop. It is called a converstation. I don't tell you what people and subjects you can bring up and I would appreciate it if you would give me the same courtesy.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will give the decision and Banister the benefit of the doubt and judge it and him as we move along.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give up Chi Chi for him straight up with him being paid so much. The Rangers don't have that kind of money to spend anyway. But that's just me. I probably value Chi Chi higher than some folks do.

except for the money comments i agree with you

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From everything I read Banister was just as saber minded as Bogar was, and to me being Hurdle's #2 is almost as having been Maddon's

I probably would've gone with Bogar due to having some ML managerial experience, interim or not and success with the team as was constructed with all the injuries

But I'll trust in the decision to give it to Banister til they give me a reason to doubt it, hopefully they don't linger with Banister as long as they did with Wash even after it wasn't working

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I read Banister was just as saber minded as Bogar was, and to me being Hurdle's #2 is almost as having been Maddon's

I probably would've gone with Bogar due to having some ML managerial experience, interim or not and success with the team as was constructed with all the injuries

But I'll trust in the decision to give it to Banister til they give me a reason to doubt it, hopefully they don't linger with Banister as long as they did with Wash even after it wasn't working

I've been on record as saying I'd had no problem whatsoever if the Rangers had said Bogar was the man right after the season.

But since they didn't chose this route and went with a true search process, I've gotta trust the processes conclusion.