• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a valid point, but just as you said earlier the team's success under Bogar was a very small sample size. Overall the hitting has been a disappointment under Magidan. I was really looking forward to seeing Elvis under a better hitting coach next year.

I know I mentioned this before so I apologize but it fits here. How much of the offensive woes could be attributed to our offensive philosophy of more than usual bunts and hit and runs so in essence giving up an out. That changed under Bogar and so did the offensive output and energy. We would have guys who have no business bunting a ball trying to lay down a bunt and it would turn into a disaster. If our offense stinks it up under a different philosophy then Mags will need to go.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a valid point, but just as you said earlier the team's success under Bogar was a very small sample size. Overall the hitting has been a disappointment under Magidan. I was really looking forward to seeing Elvis under a better hitting coach next year.

I say the clubhouse has been blowing Wash off going back to last season.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I mentioned this before so I apologize but it fits here. How much of the offensive woes could be attributed to our offensive philosophy of more than usual bunts and hit and runs so in essence giving up an out. That changed under Bogar and so did the offensive output and energy. We would have guys who have no business bunting a ball trying to lay down a bunt and it would turn into a disaster. If our offense stinks it up under a different philosophy then Mags will need to go.

Exactly.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the hitting woes could be attributed to both Wash and Magidan. How much goes to each I don't know. It does seem the Rangers didn't care if Magidan found another job and left as he continued to look even after Banister was hired.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have coasted for big chunks of the season for the past few years. They used to have the talent to play .500 when they coasted though.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I will have to eat crow, b/c I totally dismissed the idea they kept Mag's to save about $2 mil (Mag's buyout plus cost of new coach).

It won't make them look cheap. It will MAKE them cheap.

Hard to swallow losing a fine coach, and keeping a questionable one all over a few million dollars when the organization got a billion dollar TV contract.

I don't think this was a matter of being cheap. Was was really good and highly regarded before he arrived here. My guess is they liked Mags, believe in his abilities but it was now up to provide him the pieces so he can be successful. While I won't completely ever dismiss it I don't think they'd be cheap over a couple of a million dollar when this franchise is probably worth about three quarters of a billion dollars.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it was 2013 but I do think it was 2014. I'm not sure but the team vibe just seemed different...not sure if it was the players blowing Wash off or Wash's situation was also apparent earlier in the year where it was affecting him and it trickled onto the rest of the team I'm not sure. But no doubt that this team in 2014 just seemed that something was not quite right under Wash's helm.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was 2013 but I do think it was 2014. I'm not sure but the team vibe just seemed different...not sure if it was the players blowing Wash off or Wash's situation was also apparent earlier in the year where it was affecting him and it trickled onto the rest of the team I'm not sure. But no doubt that this team in 2014 just seemed that something was not quite right under Wash's helm.

Its possible that when you have a team that could overcome adversity because there is so much talent and you have success and then one by one those pieces are removed it can eventually do some damage to the clubhouse chemistry. You remove one and the team can say we will be alright. But you continue to remove those pieces then it can become very deflating. Not saying that is the main reason but it sure could be a part of it. This team had great clubhouse chemistry and fit very well together during those good years.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely agree Romeo. We sit and picked Wash to death on making crazy moves day in and day out. If we see all the mistakes, the players who are professionals do too. Why would they not have blown him off? They had to wonder what was going on.:agree:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely agree Romeo. We sit and picked Wash to death on making crazy moves day in and day out. If we see all the mistakes, the players who are professionals do too. Why would they not have blown him off? They had to wonder what was going on.:agree:

I agree. It had to be hard to sit by and watch your manager shit the bed in too consistent of a basis.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that earlier...but read the article and it said that they "may" know by Friday... but then this just now popped up.

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that earlier...but read the article and it said that they "may" know by Friday... but then this just now popped up.

wow.....I guess good for them.

Certainly, I respect Maddon. But I don't wish him so well in Cubbie Land.

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least he is in the NL. That could help attract free agents. He took a bottom dweller in Tampa Bay and made something out of them.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks this has been discussed off the record long before now.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sure as shit do. Please end the madness that is the boring Giants and obnoxious Cardinals from being in the WS.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the Hot Stove season begin!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Jeff can pick hurdle's brain on how he coached Elvis because after Clint left it seems EA has regressed every year

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Jeff can pick hurdle's brain on how he coached Elvis because after Clint left it seems EA has regressed every year

Elvis was very good in 2012, and nothing to complain about in 2011.